Windows 10: How can i search for a Specific File on a USB-Drive?

Discus and support How can i search for a Specific File on a USB-Drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How can i search for a Specific file on a USB-Drive with dozen of Folders and hundrets of Files? submitted by /u/J4nis05 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/J4nis05, Mar 1, 2021.

1. How can i search for a Specific File on a USB-Drive?

How can i search for a Specific file on a USB-Drive with dozen of Folders and hundrets of Files?

submitted by /u/J4nis05
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/J4nis05, Mar 1, 2021

2. Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

Carlos: Thanks for your reply. What you suggest is what I have been doing. I search for folders with a specific name and get a list. Then I have to search each folder for a specific file. So it's a two step search and that's what I was trying to avoid.

I assume there are applications out there that allow for an "AND" search in Windows. I'll try that approach.

Thanks, again.

MarkMcDonough45, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Hitesh12 Win User
    Cannot search in a specific folder [Windows 10]

THANKS A LOT !!

This worked like a charm. Now search is working perfectly

Thanks a lot Ruth, really appreciate your help

Hitesh12, Mar 1, 2021
  4. How can i search for a Specific File on a USB-Drive?

Windows 10 search for a specific folder name and file name

In the Search bar in Explorer:

Code:
    [b]FolderName:Business Name:Assets[/b]

[url='https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.com/api/images/cde684ee-b2bb-4398-93c2-4ae8a5b3c7c1?upload=true']
    [ATTACH=full]143578[/ATTACH]
    [/url]
    Keith

Keith A. Miller, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

How can i search for a Specific File on a USB-Drive?

1. How can i search for a Specific File on a USB-Drive? - Similar Threads - search Specific File

2. How can I bind a USB port to a specific USB Camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I bind a USB port to a specific USB Camera: The issue is I have 4x USB Camera connected to my control node Win11Each camera is physically tied to a Specific Printer to allow users to verify its status.Everything Works.HOWEVER, when I reboot or Microsoft forces an update/reboot Win11 randomly re-assigns the Cameras to...
  3. How can I bind a USB port to a specific USB Camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I bind a USB port to a specific USB Camera: The issue is I have 4x USB Camera connected to my control node Win11Each camera is physically tied to a Specific Printer to allow users to verify its status.Everything Works.HOWEVER, when I reboot or Microsoft forces an update/reboot Win11 randomly re-assigns the Cameras to...
  4. How do I search specific folders in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I search specific folders in File Explorer?: How do I search specific file folders including their subfolders?I'm specifically wanting to search text within files that are documents via File Explorer....
  5. How do I search specific folders in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I search specific folders in File Explorer?: How do I search specific file folders including their subfolders?I'm specifically wanting to search text within files that are documents via File Explorer....
  6. Script to find a specific USB drive and copy a file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Script to find a specific USB drive and copy a file?: I need help writing a script to find a specific USB flash drive and copy a file. I know the path to the file except for the drive letter. The USB flash drive could be any of 3 - call them USB_Drive1, USB_Drive2, and USB_Drive3. The actual copy is no problem, but I have no...
  7. How do I search for a specific character in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I search for a specific character in file explorer?: I found a folder that has thousands of numbered files and each number indicates something about the file. All the files have the same amount of numbers, 8 but I need to find all of the files that have a 5 as the 5th digit in the name. How do I go about searching for all the...
  8. How to turn off autoplay for a specific usb drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to turn off autoplay for a specific usb drive: Hi, I'm looking for a way to stop the explorer show-up for a specific USB disk drive. Default settings and behaviour is expected for the others. NB: I know the device name \\?\USB#VID_0781&PID_5406#00001675C67182B6#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951e Any help is...
  9. Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive: Windows 10 custom built system - I have two USB flash drives - a Samsung USB 2.0 and a Sandisk USB 3.0 I have 4 USB ports at the top of the computer tower (Two are USB 3.0 [#1 and #2] and Two are USB 2.0 [#3 and #4]) The Samsung drive is recognized on USB #1,2,3, and 4 -...
  10. Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive: Windows 10 custom built system - I have two USB flash drives - a Samsung USB 2.0 and a Sandisk USB 3.0 I have 4 USB ports at the top of the computer tower (Two are USB 3.0 [#1 and #2] and Two are USB 2.0 [#3 and #4]) The Samsung drive is recognized on USB #1,2,3, and 4 -...