Windows 10: How can I see if my internet drops out?

Discus and support How can I see if my internet drops out? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I used to use XP I could see a little yellow warning when it drops out. Now with win10 all it shows is a little white wifi connection symbol and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ausworkshop, Feb 20, 2016.

1. How can I see if my internet drops out?

When I used to use XP I could see a little yellow warning when it drops out.
    Now with win10 all it shows is a little white wifi connection symbol and it says it's connected to the network.

How can I have a monitor to see if my internet is connected in win10 NOT JUST THE WIFI NETWORK!

These issues are really doing my head in. I solve one problem and another pops up to slow me down for half a day looking for solutions. I don't have a reliable connection any more, it keeps dropping out but I have no idea when it does. I need to know these things because if I'm half way through a forum message or email then when I press send I lose the lot and have to type it all over again after refreshing the browser. I just need to know when it drops out so I can copy everything I've typed into the clipboard before I hit send.

:)

ausworkshop, Feb 20, 2016

2. How can I see if I have been hacked?

Hi Robert,

It's not easy to discover if your PC was hacked or not. There are possible ways to determine if your PC was compromised. One, if your online passwords/ settings were changed. Two, your personal passwords that was set into your PC were changed as well. Another
    thing, your friends, family or workmates are receiving unusual social feeds or in appropriate messages that they said came from you.

We recommend resetting your PC to remove all suspected software that might have been installed and you are not aware of it. Please check this
    article about: How to: Perform a clean install using Reset this PC in Windows
    10 authored by MVP Andre Da Costa and follow the instructions accordingly to help solve your issue.

Note: Please backup your files before you perform a reset or clean install for you not to lose your important data.

Let us know how it goes.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Robert Caw, Feb 20, 2016
  3. How can I see if I have been hacked?

Try update Windows and install all updates.

Run full system scan with Anti-Malware software (e.g. Windows Defender).

Normally, if you have been hacked, you will see keyloggers and hacktools.

Do you see any suspicious behavior?

Cyber_Defend_Team, Feb 20, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

How can I see if my internet drops out?

Hi, it seems as though the system tray wireless icon is more an indicator of there being a Wifi signal to a router, and not an indicator of internet access. Thus if I disconnect my ADSL connection, there is no change in the icon, whereas if I switch off the router, a small * appears next to the icon. I did briefly see a yellow triangle next to it.

Not an answer, just an observation for now- is that what you see?

dalchina, Feb 22, 2016
  5. On mine I get the yellow triangle if no internet access and router is on, if the router is off I get the * and no wifi signal

not sure if there is a setting for this, but will check my machine

paulsalter, Feb 22, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Well, eventually with ADSL disconnected from my router, I got the yellow triangle. Say up to 2 minutes. So short disconnections wouldn't be indicated on that basis, even though there clearly was none.

Is that primarily Windows, or the router, or their interaction?

With ADSL disconnected, no internet connection at all, ping still works.. *Eek - yellow triangle on Wifi icon.
    There is an open BT Wifi connection (odd!) in the area, but I'm not connected to it - apparently.

Ok so that was with one connection monitor program I've promptly binned.

Here's one that works.
    Try Emco Ping Monitor (free). It's an enormous download for what it does (about 59Mb), but of 4 programs I tried, it's the only one that works. (I.e. tells me when I'm disconnected - ADSL - on the first ping). (Emco's a good company- see their 'Move on boot - also delete on boot etc for example).

Setup requires an email address to which notification would be sent (which is a bit weird, if the connection is down.. maybe it reports later?)

But you get voice, sound and a fly-in from the right notifying you of the connection failure.
    Oh, and the tray icon changes colour.

dalchina, Feb 22, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How can I see if my internet drops out?

1. How can I see if my internet drops out? - Similar Threads - internet drops

2. I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet: l want to use my Surface Go with an audio mixer on its wifi network, but Windows keeps dropping the connection, since there is no internet on that wifi. How can l lock the wifi on that network?...
  3. I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet: l want to use my Surface Go with an audio mixer on its wifi network, but Windows keeps dropping the connection, since there is no internet on that wifi. How can l lock the wifi on that network?...
  4. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time: Hi All,I have received a report that the internet connection is drop from time to time. And when I checked the WLANReport, I found that there is a change reason with"ChangeReason: CapabilityReset". Have anyone know what is it means? Network Adapter: RZ616 Wi-Fi 6E...
  5. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time: Hi All,I have received a report that the internet connection is drop from time to time. And when I checked the WLANReport, I found that there is a change reason with"ChangeReason: CapabilityReset". Have anyone know what is it means? Network Adapter: RZ616 Wi-Fi 6E...
  6. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

7. my internet keeps dropping to 0 then its goes up then repeat the same things i can't even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my internet keeps dropping to 0 then its goes up then repeat the same things i can't even...: my internet keeps dropping to 0 then its goes up then repeat the same things i can't even use the pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-keeps-dropping-to-0-then-its-goes-up/1a8dba3c-349b-46d1-8f1a-dfd3ca52ae2e
  8. my internet keeps dropping to 0 then its goes up then repeat the same things i can't even...

my internet keeps dropping to 0 then its goes up then repeat the same things i can't even...: my internet keeps dropping to 0 then its goes up then repeat the same things i can't even use the pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-keeps-dropping-to-0-then-its-goes-up/1a8dba3c-349b-46d1-8f1a-dfd3ca52ae2e
  9. Internet drops to 0 while Im gaming and freezes for a second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet drops to 0 while Im gaming and freezes for a second: My game will freezenot an fps issue, character still moves around but everything else doesn't for a seconda and then return to normal for a little bit before repeating itself again. What could be a possible issue for this, I attatched a screenshot of my task manager....
  10. Internet drops to 0 while Im gaming and freezes for a second

Internet drops to 0 while Im gaming and freezes for a second: My game will freezenot an fps issue, character still moves around but everything else doesn't for a seconda and then return to normal for a little bit before repeating itself again. What could be a possible issue for this, I attatched a screenshot of my task manager....