Windows 10: How can I send PC sound to HDMI

Discus and support How can I send PC sound to HDMI in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I send PC sound to HDMI https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-send-pc-sound-to-hdmi/bc8140aa-d1ed-44c9-871f-d91ae4075edf Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeorgeBeeker, Feb 4, 2021.

1. How can I send PC sound to HDMI

How can I send PC sound to HDMI

:)

GeorgeBeeker, Feb 4, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Feb 4, 2021
  3. PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Feb 4, 2021
  4. How can I send PC sound to HDMI

no sound through hdmi to tv

Hi,

The HDMI might not be set as default. To set this as default please follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Sound.
    • Select Change system sounds.
    • Click Playback.
    • Then select the device.
    • At the bottom, click Set Default.
    • Click Apply and OK.

If the troubleshooting steps above did not work for you, try changing a different HDMI cable.

Keep us updated with the result.

Robert Caw, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

How can I send PC sound to HDMI

1. How can I send PC sound to HDMI - Similar Threads - send sound HDMI

2. Does the pc send hdmi output with blue screen on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does the pc send hdmi output with blue screen on?: Does the pc send hdmi output with blue screen on?My hp omen 17 gtx 1070, after a black out, stopped sending hdmi output.The laptop monitor has been broken for a bit so I'm now using an external hdmi monitor. An hour ago a black out turned off my pc the battery doesn't hold...
  3. Does the pc send hdmi output with blue screen on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the pc send hdmi output with blue screen on?: Does the pc send hdmi output with blue screen on?My hp omen 17 gtx 1070, after a black out, stopped sending hdmi output.The laptop monitor has been broken for a bit so I'm now using an external hdmi monitor. An hour ago a black out turned off my pc the battery doesn't hold...
  4. Does the pc send hdmi output with blue screen on?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How can I restore sound to my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I restore sound to my PC: How can I restore sound to my PC. I can ghet nothing from my speakers or headphones. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-restore-sound-to-my-pc/19ecedac-9b0f-4d14-833d-db1d5ad08bc6
  6. How to send sound to headphone socket when using HDMI cable to projector

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to send sound to headphone socket when using HDMI cable to projector: How to send sound to headphone socket when using HDMI cable to projector? When plugged into tv, the tv speakers work. With projector, there is no sound. Help!...
  7. How to send Dolby Digital 5.1 from PC to Yamaha receiver via HDMI.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to send Dolby Digital 5.1 from PC to Yamaha receiver via HDMI.: I have a Yamaha RX-V6A receiver, which I am connecting to my PC via HDMI through the GeForce RTX 2070 graphics card. My receiver is receiving the audio in PCM. How can I send a Dolby Digital 5.1 sound in Dolby Digital DTS-HD Master audio to the receiver? Are there...
  8. HDMI Sound

HDMI Sound: hello. my audio doesnt play on the tv when i connect with hdmi cable, it keeps playing at my laptop. how to solve this ya? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-sound/48f82785-6f0d-4465-b1e2-3416911e854d
  9. Pc detect only HDMI sound

Pc detect only HDMI sound: Today i bought a new monitor [Asus VG245] i connected it with my pc,everything good until i wanted to play some games when i realise that i can.t change the sound from hdmi monitor to my headsets or speaker cuz the windows day that they are not plugged in.After 1-2 hours with...
  10. HDMI/No sound

HDMI/No sound: How is it possible that so many people can have the same problem, write in this forum so many times and I can't find a fix answer. Device connected with HDMI cord will not show up in the "sounds" as an option to be selected....