Windows 10: How Can I Set a Default Text For All Documents not just current one?

Discus and support How Can I Set a Default Text For All Documents not just current one? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have MS Works 10. To set a permanent default text style font, size it seems I need to use my template. Problem: Can't find a template option.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Deebeee1, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Deebeee1 Win User

How Can I Set a Default Text For All Documents not just current one?

I have MS Works 10. To set a permanent default text style font, size it seems I need to use my template. Problem: Can't find a template option.

:)

Deebeee1, Jan 20, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 20, 2020
  4. How Can I Set a Default Text For All Documents not just current one?

Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

How Can I Set a Default Text For All Documents not just current one?

1. How Can I Set a Default Text For All Documents not just current one? - Similar Threads - Set Default Text

2. How can I exit Wordpad without saving the current document?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I exit Wordpad without saving the current document?: When I use Wordpad in Windows 10 the document is automatically saved on exit in its final form. I save as I go along but want to meddle with the document but discard the changes so that the document kept is the last one saved, not the final mangled version....
  3. How can I exit Wordpad without saving the current document?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I exit Wordpad without saving the current document?: When I use Wordpad in Windows 10 the document is automatically saved on exit in its final form. I save as I go along but want to meddle with the document but discard the changes so that the document kept is the last one saved, not the final mangled version....
  4. How can I exit Wordpad without saving the current document?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I set the default GPU for ALL APPS on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I set the default GPU for ALL APPS on Windows 10?: I have an Optimus Laptop A laptop with both an integrated GPU and a discrete NVIDIA GPU. In Settings -> System -> Display -> Graphics settings you can set if each program uses the power saving integrated GPU, or the high performance discrete GPU.I leave my laptop plugged in...
  6. How can I set the default GPU for ALL APPS on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set the default GPU for ALL APPS on Windows 10?: I have an Optimus Laptop A laptop with both an integrated GPU and a discrete NVIDIA GPU. In Settings -> System -> Display -> Graphics settings you can set if each program uses the power saving integrated GPU, or the high performance discrete GPU.I leave my laptop plugged in...
  7. How can I set the default GPU for ALL APPS on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How can I change my default settings for opening documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change my default settings for opening documents: How can I set my default to open office and not Word? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-default-settings-for-opening/a3512d8d-f197-43d2-8bf6-6c3e4f79ac1a
  9. Is it possible to change the default icon of Text Document

Is it possible to change the default icon of Text Document: Hi. i'm wondering if its possible for me to change "Text Documents" default icon, because i really wanna make a change in my desktop. I already changed the folder icon and it looks really good but i couldn't find a way to change the Documents icon. When i press on the...
  10. How do I set All Default Apps?

How do I set All Default Apps?: I am trying to Set All defaults for my apps. But doing that is impossible. Going to settings -> Apps -> Default Apps -> Set Defaults By Apps takes me to this page. [ATTACH] I click on an app and I get this button. [ATTACH] Clicking on that button takes me to this...