Windows 10: How can I set a default Windows explorer search view ?

Discus and support How can I set a default Windows explorer search view ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm posting this message because I've tried many solutions. I have Windows 10. When searching in the explorer windows, or from the "see more" in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by multipled, Mar 18, 2019.

1. multipled Win User

How can I set a default Windows explorer search view ?

Hello, I'm posting this message because I've tried many solutions.
    I have Windows 10. When searching in the explorer windows, or from the "see more" in the windows bar search, the view (icon size, sort by and group by) is not as I would like it to be, and I can't change it.
    Until now, if I changed it many times, it would eventually set this view as the default view for search results. But it reset without any apparent reason, I can't find a way to get it back.

I tried changing the view of one search, and then closing and restarting explorer. I saved a search with the view I wanted.These solutions worked only for 2/3 searches at best.
    I can't go to options, and then "apply to all folders", because the button is grayed out. I can only "apply to all folders" in a regular folder, not a search results list, but this won't do because regular folders don't have the "group by" option, which I need the most.

I tried to follow this site : https://appuals.com/customize-default-search-views-windows-10/
    But the last key I got is 4999 or something like that and it wasn't even called “{7FDE1A1E-8B31-49A5-93B8-6BE14CFA4943}”. Maybe the registry is restricted to 50000 keys, and the last one was the one with the wrong setup ? This is only an hypothesis.

Sorry, this problem is really annoying, so if anyone has a solution it would be much appreciated !
    Thank you in advance !

:)

multipled, Mar 18, 2019

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 18, 2019
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

How do you set the default view of the Search Results window to "list" view?

Artoo Smith, Mar 18, 2019
  4. How can I set a default Windows explorer search view ?

Win10: set 'view' default in file explorer

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you are trying to set file explorer as default. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set file explorer as default and check if it helps.

1. In the search box type as “settings”.

2. Go to “system” and click on “default apps”.

3.Then click on “set default apps by”.

4. Select “File Explorer from the list” and click on “choose defaults for this program”.

5. Then check the box “select all” and click on “save.

6. Then click on “ok”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

How can I set a default Windows explorer search view ?

1. How can I set a default Windows explorer search view ? - Similar Threads - set default explorer

2. How can I set a default viewing layout in File Explorer for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I set a default viewing layout in File Explorer for Windows 10?: I've never had this problem on a computer before - So frequently when I open a folder or enter file explorer on this computer, it sets the default viewing layout to include a horizontal scrolling component, which annoys me to no end. I have worked out how to temporarily...
  3. How can I set a default viewing layout in File Explorer for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set a default viewing layout in File Explorer for Windows 10?: I've never had this problem on a computer before - So frequently when I open a folder or enter file explorer on this computer, it sets the default viewing layout to include a horizontal scrolling component, which annoys me to no end. I have worked out how to temporarily...
  4. How can I set a default viewing layout in File Explorer for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a default view for the File Explorer that I can restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a default view for the File Explorer that I can restore?: My file explorer navigation is really messed up. Is there a way to restore a "default" layout of the Navigation Pane without running the risk of messing things up even further?...
  6. How do i set the default view in file explorer to 'details'?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i set the default view in file explorer to 'details'?: As above, i want to view everything in my hard drive in file explorer as the 'details' setting in file explorer, i've searched google, but have found nothing that seems to work that well. submitted by /u/SaltyConnection [link] [comments]...
  7. How to set default SEARCH view to DETAILS

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set default SEARCH view to DETAILS: I do many file/folder searches in my work and the search result view is always CONTENT. I would like my default search view to always be DETAIL? Windows 10 pro Any help for this would be appreciated. Thank you 163751
  8. Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer

in Cortana
    Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer: Results show up in "Content" view by default, which is annoying for me and quite a few folks. To set the default view to "Details", add this registry key and values in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\...
  9. How do I set a default view in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set a default view in File Explorer?: I want 'List', not 'Details'. I could keep it at 'List' view in Windows 7, but I don't see a setting for that option any more? Also, I downloaded a program called Explorer Plus Plus, which I love. Is there any way in Windows 10 to make IT my default Folder opener?...
  10. How To Set A Default View Setting For A ".search-ms" Extension

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Set A Default View Setting For A ".search-ms" Extension: Hello, So I practically have most of my folders that contain all types of files set up for the Details view setting. (if you right click in a folder -> View -> Details) I set all those adjustments through the Folder Options window. Yet when I open a Saved Search File...