Windows 10: How can I set Gmail as my default email program in Chrome?

Discus and support How can I set Gmail as my default email program in Chrome? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all. When I try to share something via email from a website, I get a dialog box that says "There is no email program associated to perform the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnJSal, Oct 14, 2020.

1. JohnJSal Win User

How can I set Gmail as my default email program in Chrome?

Hi all. When I try to share something via email from a website, I get a dialog box that says "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action." I have searched for how to set Gmail as the default, and I've found some instructions for going into Chrome settings to do it, but maybe the instructions are outdated because I can't find the sections they are referring to, like "Content Settings" or "Handlers."

Can someone tell me how to do this on the newest versions of...

Read more

JohnJSal, Oct 14, 2020
  2. linw Win User

Set Mailto default to Gmail in Chrome

I've googled and searched tenforums and found descriptions of how to do this but nothing seems to work.

I have added the mailto Handler in Chrome settings and it shows mail.google.com.

I have set the Mail default app to Chrome.

I have set the default Mailto protocol to point to Chrome.

I have tried adding an extension called 'Mailto' to Chrome.

And still when I Send to the Mail Recipient with a rt click I get an error message saying there is no email program associated to perform the requested action.

Has anyone got this working?

(Picasa has no problem popping up a gmail compose window when told to send a pic to email.
    I eventually want my scanner to be able to scan to email).

3. how to make gmail as the default email client in win 10

when I try to set gmail as my default client in win 10 I do not see the app listed in the default list in the "defualt programs" list. How do I set up gmail as the default email client?

mikestew27, Oct 14, 2020
  4. jmdraft Win User

Can not open emails in chrome

Recently returned from hospital, I’m trying to open my emails I Chrome gmail.

Please provide step by step instructions to return gmail to default view and function so that I may open my email.

Since I can’t open and see the responses provided.

Please send them to both my gmail and to my yahoo email address: L: [email protected]

jmdraft, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I set Gmail as my default email program in Chrome? - Similar Threads - set Gmail default

2. How do i install gmail and have it set as my default email for microsoft windows 8?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i install gmail and have it set as my default email for microsoft windows 8?: I cant email files to myself or anyone else. When i try it, it tells me that I dont have email services set up. I'm new to computers but have been able to figure things out for the most part but i have tried everything and have no clue what im doing....
  3. How do i install gmail and have it set as my default email for microsoft windows 8?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i install gmail and have it set as my default email for microsoft windows 8?: I cant email files to myself or anyone else. When i try it, it tells me that I dont have email services set up. I'm new to computers but have been able to figure things out for the most part but i have tried everything and have no clue what im doing....
  4. How can I make gmail my default email in Microsoft 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I make gmail my default email in Microsoft 10?: How can I make gmail my default email instead of Outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-gmail-my-default-email-in-microsoft/ce83f69a-d78f-4e25-9a8f-4d4e3bc8cb87
  5. how can i set an invalid program as default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how can i set an invalid program as default?: im trying to figure out some way to prevent windows 10 from launching the web browser automatically for any reason but every method ive found has to be set for each individual app which isnt what im looking for, so instead im trying to see if i can force it to try open links...
  6. Default Email is set to Chrome - How do I specify the Email address?

in Browsers and Email
    Default Email is set to Chrome - How do I specify the Email address?: I just started using the Windows Scan app and it is very easy. You scan something, view it and you can then choose to Share. After you share, you are asked how you want to share and I choose Email. The question is, where does the sending email address come from, where is it...
  7. Default Email is set to Chrome - How do I specify the Email address?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Email is set to Chrome - How do I specify the Email address?: I just started using the Windows Scan app and it is very easy. You scan something, view it and you can then choose to Share. After you share, you are asked how you want to share and I choose Email. The question is, where does the sending email address come from, where is it...
  8. Making Gmail my default email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making Gmail my default email: Hope someone can help me please. I want to make Gmail my default email, but when I go to change it, the only options are Google Chrome and Mail. By choosing Google Chrome - it still does not make Gmail, my default mail. I want to be able to right click on a picture on my...
  9. Set Mailto default to Gmail in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Set Mailto default to Gmail in Chrome: I've googled and searched tenforums and found descriptions of how to do this but nothing seems to work. I have added the mailto Handler in Chrome settings and it shows mail.google.com. I have set the Mail default app to Chrome. I have set the default Mailto protocol...
  10. Re: Gmail as default email

in Browsers and Email
    Re: Gmail as default email: I have recently purchased a Windows 10 loaded Lenovo laptop. I want Gmail to be the default email client. At the moment, I can access Gmail, through Outlook.com but do not like the way it is presented and prefer Gmail's format. Is there any way that I can unravel this, so...