Windows 10: how can i set my 48 bit recovery key in laptop so that i wont have to input it every time i...

Discus and support how can i set my 48 bit recovery key in laptop so that i wont have to input it every time i... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; everytime i turn on my hp laptop i have to input a 48 bit recovery code, how can i store it in laptop so that i wont have to do it everytime?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ACCOUNTANT IN PHOENIX, May 24, 2024.

1. how can i set my 48 bit recovery key in laptop so that i wont have to input it every time i...

everytime i turn on my hp laptop i have to input a 48 bit recovery code, how can i store it in laptop so that i wont have to do it everytime?

:)

ACCOUNTANT IN PHOENIX, May 24, 2024

2. Bit Locker Recovery Key

Hello Sylvia,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. What is the error message appears when you’re trying to enter a Bit locker key?
    2. What is the version of Windows 10 you have installed?
    3. What is the make and model number of your computer?

Issues might be happening because of entering Incorrect Bit Locker recovery key. Bit Locker key password will be a 48-digit alpha numeric characters.

However you may refer this article on how to find
    Bit Locker recovery
    key.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, May 24, 2024
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    Lenovo X1 Carbon Laptop not accepting Bitlocker Recovery Keys

The eight-digit key is the key ID that tells you what recovery key to use (imaged edited for security reasons...
    how can i set my 48 bit recovery key in laptop so that i wont have to input it every time i... 7580t-lenovo-x1-carbon-laptop-not-accepting-bitlocker-recovery-keys-screenshot-2022-01-02-095446.png
    Here you see the Key ID code and next to it is the corresponding recovery key. So if the codes E80024E, you'll need to find the corresponding key which here would be 16965-175505.... That's the 48-digit key you need to input. Hope that helps *Wink

sygnus21, May 24, 2024
  4. how can i set my 48 bit recovery key in laptop so that i wont have to input it every time i...

Bit Locker - Recovery Key

Hello,

Thank you for participating in the Microsoft Community.

It is important that you keep in mind the following:

The keys of Bitlocker recovery are 48 digits.

The 48 digits correspond to numerical values, only.

The ID of the recovery key has alphanumeric values.

Having clear the above information, we suggest checking the record that has the recovery file and try again with the appropriate values.

For details on the recovery keys, see the following link: BitLocker recovery keys: frequently asked questions.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402618...

I hope this information will help you.

Any additional questions, you can communicate again with us.

MiguelChiappori, May 24, 2024
Thema:

how can i set my 48 bit recovery key in laptop so that i wont have to input it every time i...

1. how can i set my 48 bit recovery key in laptop so that i wont have to input it every time i... - Similar Threads - set bit recovery

2. how can i set my 48 bit recovery key in laptop so that i wont have to input it every time i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i set my 48 bit recovery key in laptop so that i wont have to input it every time i...: everytime i turn on my hp laptop i have to input a 48 bit recovery code, how can i store it in laptop so that i wont have to do it everytime?...
  3. how can i set my 48 bit recovery key in laptop so that i wont have to input it every time i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i set my 48 bit recovery key in laptop so that i wont have to input it every time i...: everytime i turn on my hp laptop i have to input a 48 bit recovery code, how can i store it in laptop so that i wont have to do it everytime?...
  4. So how do I fix my laptop if I have my recovery key but the id that is with it doesn’t...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So how do I fix my laptop if I have my recovery key but the id that is with it doesn’t...: I have been locked out of my laptop for a while now, I recently found where to find my bitlocker recovery key but the ID that is attached with it doesn’t match the one shown on my bitlocker screen… So i’m not sure what to do....
  5. So how do I fix my laptop if I have my recovery key but the id that is with it doesn’t...

So how do I fix my laptop if I have my recovery key but the id that is with it doesn’t...: I have been locked out of my laptop for a while now, I recently found where to find my bitlocker recovery key but the ID that is attached with it doesn’t match the one shown on my bitlocker screen… So i’m not sure what to do....
  6. How can I get windows to prompt for recovery key every time i boot? This is an intention?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get windows to prompt for recovery key every time i boot? This is an intention?: I want to leave my computer for a while, it boots without the recovery key? Does anyone know how to force windows to ask for recovery key every boot? I tried Group Policy and it only works when I boot offline from another system, but I need it to be locked to where I need the...
  7. How can I get windows to prompt for recovery key every time i boot? This is an intention?

How can I get windows to prompt for recovery key every time i boot? This is an intention?: I want to leave my computer for a while, it boots without the recovery key? Does anyone know how to force windows to ask for recovery key every boot? I tried Group Policy and it only works when I boot offline from another system, but I need it to be locked to where I need the...
  8. How can I get windows to prompt for recovery key every time i boot? This is an intention?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. i have bit locker identifier how can i find recovery key ??

i have bit locker identifier how can i find recovery key ??: i have bit locker identifier how can i find recovery key ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-bit-locker-identifier-how-can-i-find/01e1d006-c59c-4653-92cb-e33b1700e5df"
  10. i have bit locker identifier how can i find recovery key ??

i have bit locker identifier how can i find recovery key ??: i have bit locker identifier how can i find recovery key ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-bit-locker-identifier-how-can-i-find/12414d55-efcc-4f91-806a-3c8cd2b784f3"