Windows 10: How can I set my audio provider (sound card?) to ASIO instead of the default one? The sound...

Discus and support How can I set my audio provider (sound card?) to ASIO instead of the default one? The sound... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The title explains all submitted by /u/ThatGuyPedram [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThatGuyPedram, Oct 24, 2020.

1. How can I set my audio provider (sound card?) to ASIO instead of the default one? The sound...

/u/ThatGuyPedram, Oct 24, 2020

2. Permanently set default audio device

Hi Joost,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you need assistance to set your internal sound card as the default playback device on your Windows 10 computer.

In this scenario it is required to disable the audio device of the docking station. Disabling the audio device for the docking station will enable the internal sound card. To do so,

1. Right click on Volume icon on the taskbar > Open
      Sound settings.
    2. Click on Sound control panel option and click on
      Playback tab.
    3. Right click on the audio device for docking station and click on
      Disable.
    4. This results in enabling the playback device to internal sound card.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to post your query in
    IT TechNet forums
    , since the settings which needs to
    be implemented on domain environment. We have dedicated team of experts who are equipped with the resources to suggest you with the further steps.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Oct 24, 2020
  4. How can I set my audio provider (sound card?) to ASIO instead of the default one? The sound...

Audio and Sound

Hi Ethan,

This issue can be due to several reasons. Let's get your audio and sound issue sorted, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Select Sound.
    • Go to Communications tab.
    • Click Do nothing.
    • Chose Apply and Ok.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Marilou Ser, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

How can I set my audio provider (sound card?) to ASIO instead of the default one? The sound...

1. How can I set my audio provider (sound card?) to ASIO instead of the default one? The sound... - Similar Threads - set audio provider

2. No Sound, problem with my Nvidea video/audio card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Sound, problem with my Nvidea video/audio card: audio driver automatic disabbled / eliminated. Reinstall no effect.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-problem-with-my-nvidea-videoaudio-card/cbfbdb49-1420-4152-8468-1890d0d29b52
  3. no audio output or sound card showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no audio output or sound card showing: The computer after sleep mode when activated will result in occasional disappearance of the sound card. Will always need to restart the computer to get back the sound card....
  4. USB pnp Audio Sound Card

USB pnp Audio Sound Card: My Audio Jack on my Laptop Just Broke, so i bought a Audio Sound Card, the Problem is I Don't like the Sound Driver on my Sound Card, how can i replace/Change my Sound Driver..thanks...
  5. Is my sound card/sound chipetc. fried?

Is my sound card/sound chipetc. fried?: Hi, I do not know if this is the right website/forum to post this question. I don't really know where else I would ask. I have a laptop that has windows 10 on it. The laptop is about 6 months old. It is a good quality laptop with some good hardware including an i7...
  6. Two Audio Devices, One Sound Card

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two Audio Devices, One Sound Card: Hey, I don't know exactly how to describe this for a title, and I'm not getting much on google. I have head phones and speakers that I sometimes switch between depending on what I'm doing at my desk. I used to have 2 sound card (on board and an AGP dedicated sound card),...
  7. Sound Card

Sound Card: HI, I have a Razer blade 2019. I am connecting my dj controller that has a built in sound card, windows recognize it and I can use it with the Serato software, but the line in volume meter do not pick up the sound coming from it and I can not use it with OBS. I can hear the...
  8. How can I set my DPI settings 100% default instead of 125%?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I set my DPI settings 100% default instead of 125%?: Hello, I had recieved my laptop for a year now and at first glance, when I play roblox, it's so blury, and it's like roblox is running the resolution at: (quotation mark " means it's the same procedure) 1920 / 125 = 15.36 (then moving the decimal 2 times right) 1080 / 125...
  9. Windows 10 ASIO Sound Cracking

Windows 10 ASIO Sound Cracking: I recently bought an HP notebook to use it for audio processing. it has: Intel Core i7 9th generation (Coffee Lake) CPU 9750H @ 2.60Ghz, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro, I tried different DJ audio interfaces like Traktor Kontrol S4 mk3 and Pioneer DJM 900 NXS2. With both, I...
  10. sound settings revert to defaults

in Windows 10 Support
    sound settings revert to defaults: I've set the audio settings and saved them SEVERAL times. I know how to do it correctly. Windows 10 will not save my settings. They revert to the defaults. When I select any of my saved schemes, every sound is the default. AARRGGHH!! *Mad 29207