Windows 10: How can I set my folders to default to and/or be permanentlyin the "detailed" view?

Discus and support How can I set my folders to default to and/or be permanentlyin the "detailed" view? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've just done a fresh install of Windows 10 and all of my explorer settings as far as how I view my folders are gone. Of course, I expected this, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chronisaurous, Apr 30, 2020.

1. How can I set my folders to default to and/or be permanentlyin the "detailed" view?

I've just done a fresh install of Windows 10 and all of my explorer settings as far as how I view my folders are gone. Of course, I expected this, but now now I can't seem to get anything the way I like it!

I use the "details" view for pretty much everything and this evening I've been organising a bunch of folders full of video files. At first I was just changing the view for each folder I was in but then I realised I could just go to the root folder, set it to to "details", select "change folder and search options", select "view" and click "apply to all folders".

I would've thought that this would do what I was after, but after getting back into folders (inside the directory that I applied the setting too), I realised that it was defaulting back to the ugly - and super fucking annoying for .mkv files - "large icon" setting. I then realised that not only had the "apply to all folders" not worked, but the other folder that I had originally changed to "details" individually had also changed back to the damn large icons! This was the same for both folders within the root directory that I applied the settings to as well as folders outside of it.

Anyway - this is probably a hugely unnecessary wall of text to ask such a simple question... but does anyone know how I can fix this?

I appreciate your time!

Thanks

submitted by /u/chronisaurous
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chronisaurous, Apr 30, 2020

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Apr 30, 2020
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Apr 30, 2020
  4. How can I set my folders to default to and/or be permanentlyin the "detailed" view?

How to make details view default view for windows 10?

How do get rid of the icons and make detail view the default view on my windows 10 desktop? The following article suggests that using ctrl+shift+6 will do this, but I have been unsuccessful in getting this key sequence to work.

Set Details, Content or List view for Desktop icons in Windows 10

Is it possible to show details view only or not?

thanks for any help.

Paul

paulsutherland1, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

How can I set my folders to default to and/or be permanentlyin the "detailed" view?

1. How can I set my folders to default to and/or be permanentlyin the "detailed" view? - Similar Threads - set folders default

2. Setting default folder views with details/name/size/date/type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting default folder views with details/name/size/date/type: Hi all,I would like to view ALL the folders I open with details AND columns set in this sequence: name-size-date-typeI never succeed in having this: I have made view/options/view/apply to folders but the question is Do you want all folders OF THIS TYPE to match etc...In...
  3. Setting default folder views with details/name/size/date/type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting default folder views with details/name/size/date/type: Hi all,I would like to view ALL the folders I open with details AND columns set in this sequence: name-size-date-typeI never succeed in having this: I have made view/options/view/apply to folders but the question is Do you want all folders OF THIS TYPE to match etc...In...
  4. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  5. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  6. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How do i set the default view in file explorer to 'details'?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i set the default view in file explorer to 'details'?: As above, i want to view everything in my hard drive in file explorer as the 'details' setting in file explorer, i've searched google, but have found nothing that seems to work that well. submitted by /u/SaltyConnection [link] [comments]...
  8. How to set default SEARCH view to DETAILS

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set default SEARCH view to DETAILS: I do many file/folder searches in my work and the search result view is always CONTENT. I would like my default search view to always be DETAIL? Windows 10 pro Any help for this would be appreciated. Thank you 163751
  9. Setting defaults for folder details

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting defaults for folder details: Hallo, Is it possible to set default settings for folders. There is a button which increases column size to contents but this deactivates as soon as you leave the folder. Can you set a default so that the folder automatically sets the column widths. Thank you for your...
  10. Glitch? My folders default to the "details" view everytime.

in Windows 10 Support
    Glitch? My folders default to the "details" view everytime.: So I go to my Music folder & want to view my files in the "list" view options. I leave, but & when I go back to my Music folder, it's back to the "detail" view option. This happens every time! I select the "list" or the "icon" view arrange option & it ALWAYS resets to the...