Windows 10: How can I set my kids' accounts to require permission to download apps?

Discus and support How can I set my kids' accounts to require permission to download apps? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have their accounts set to require permission to purchase something, but free stuff doesn't seem to be restricted. I want to restrict game downloads.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by northern_belle, Aug 4, 2019.

1. How can I set my kids' accounts to require permission to download apps?

I have their accounts set to require permission to purchase something, but free stuff doesn't seem to be restricted. I want to restrict game downloads. I would also like to disable skype ability.

:)

northern_belle, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 4, 2019
  3. haffy Win User
    Kids user accounts and family settings

Ive upgraded from Win 8 to Win 10.

I had 2 adult local accounts and 2 kids local accounts. I also have the 1 Microsoft account.

I don't want to use the Microsoft account signin on my laptop I want to use my local.

Is there a way to assign the existing local kids accounts to family without having to create new ones ? The kids are worried that if I do this they will lose their existing apps/game settings on the local accounts.

haffy, Aug 4, 2019
  4. yarmil24 Win User

How can I set my kids' accounts to require permission to download apps?

Can a kids linked to my account download games?

Hi - thank you for getting back to me.

I was not aware you need credit card for every download, I thought only for paid apps.

At the moment my kids cannot download anything - they are getting a message they cannot do this since they are children, and it can be done only through the computer.

The whole idea of Windows phone experience for kids should be different - kids should be able to get permissions from their parents account, and be able to download free apps and music . For monitoring I would use download report for my account.

yarmil24, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

How can I set my kids' accounts to require permission to download apps?

1. How can I set my kids' accounts to require permission to download apps? - Similar Threads - set kids' accounts

2. How can I link my game pass account to my kids account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I link my game pass account to my kids account: Wants to play Minecraft on laptop. Account is signed in and linked but requested to join gamepass instead of it just being there. I'd rather not buy this game for the 8th time‍...
  3. How can I link my game pass account to my kids account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I link my game pass account to my kids account: Wants to play Minecraft on laptop. Account is signed in and linked but requested to join gamepass instead of it just being there. I'd rather not buy this game for the 8th time‍...
  4. How do I install an app on my kid's account so she can use it?

How do I install an app on my kid's account so she can use it?: I'm beyond frustrated. I'm trying to install zoom on my kid's computer so she can use it for school and I have no clue how to make that happen. I have it installed on my account and can't figure out how to make it show up as an app under her account and give her permission to...
  5. Camera app permission required

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera app permission required: When I opened the camera app, it told me to allow permission to the camera and microphone. Therefore, I granted permission to the app in the settings. However, when I am back in the camera app, it still tells me that the app requires permission to camera and microphone AGAIN....
  6. I grant permission to open app, but kid's computer just keeps on asking for permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I grant permission to open app, but kid's computer just keeps on asking for permission: I turned off S mode on my kid's computer so I could install Chrome. Now when I try to open it, the computer say's I have to give permission first. WE click the 'ask permission by email' button. Then I go to my computer, follow the link in the email and grant permission....
  7. Setting up accounts for kids

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting up accounts for kids: Hi I'd like to be able to set up two accounts for the kids on the laptop. One where they can access minecraft, roblox etc. The other where these are blocked so they can only access educational websites that I choose. Is there a way to do this please?...
  8. Family account setting for kids - set hours

Family account setting for kids - set hours: I'm trying to change the settings of the hours my kids can use the computer. Currently it is set to 6:30-21:30 Every time I try to change it I get a screen saying sorry something went wrong with an trace id like: TraceId: 4hRRRny/cEKPs0MY.3.17.70...
  9. Download apps purchased by kid accounts in family

Download apps purchased by kid accounts in family: I used the family function to link my two Microsoft accounts since one had an app code redeemed on it but I set it as a child account since I don't use it anymore. Can I download the app in question (bought with the old/child account) to my PC which is connected to my new...
  10. Kids user accounts and family settings

Kids user accounts and family settings: Ive upgraded from Win 8 to Win 10. I had 2 adult local accounts and 2 kids local accounts. I also have the 1 Microsoft account. I don't want to use the Microsoft account signin on my laptop I want to use my local. Is there a way to assign the existing local kids...