Windows 10: How can I set my laptop to automatically use my Dedicated graphics card, as opposed to...

Discus and support How can I set my laptop to automatically use my Dedicated graphics card, as opposed to... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Title says it all.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DerrickBosch1, Mar 23, 2020.

1. How can I set my laptop to automatically use my Dedicated graphics card, as opposed to...

Title says it all.

:)

DerrickBosch1, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Inczi Win User

Dedicated graphic card not shown in the graphic options in Win10 settings.

I honestly have no clue if it matters or not regarding the usage of graphic cards. All I know is that my dedicated graphics card is not used. Changing settings in AMD control app does nothing, this is my last hope that if I manage to change that to how it
    should be, games will start using the dedicated graphics card. Therefore I would be grateful if someone who actually knows how to attach my dedicated card to the high performance option in gaming spoke up.

Cheers,

Inczi, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Switchable graphics, Dedicated graphics

Thank you for following up. For better assistance on switchable graphics and dedicated graphics, we would suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your graphics card.

Jomari Arc, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Brennan Win User

How can I set my laptop to automatically use my Dedicated graphics card, as opposed to...

Laptop NVIDIA GeForce Card - Dedicated Memory

Anything in bold is copy pasted from information elsewhere.

Laptop Acer Aspire v3-772g
    Windows 10
    NIVIDIA GeForce GT 750m

Systemrequirementslab.com sometimes spits at me that I have 3gb or 4gb dedicated video memory on my card, and sometimes 1gb.

So I dediced to find out myself.

----------------------
    Start -> Run -> Msinfo32 -> Components -> Display:

I have 2.
    One is obviously my Intel HD Graphics 4600
    "Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)"
    1 GB on the intel HD graphics sounds about right?

And the other is my NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    "Adapter RAM (1,048,576) bytes"

What's going on here msinfo32 suggests my card has 1 MB of memory?
    This laptop's graphics card should have 3 GB or 4 GB dedicated video memory.

Am I misunderstanding how my system memory is used? Does it somehow use some of that ram as dedicated memory to my card as well? I haven't changed any settings nor know how to.
    "Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB"
    --------------------------------------------
    NVIDIA Control Panel:
    Help -> System Information -> Scroll down to the info:
    "Total available graphics memory: 12228 MB"
    "Dedicated video memory: 4096 MB DDR3"
    "System video memory: 0MB"
    "Shared system memory: 8132 MB"

Ok this is looking more reasonable? What is lying to me and why?
    ----------------------

Can someone explain to me please. I'm rather tech savvy usually with myself under going study for ICT, mainly networking etc.
    Any explanation would help greatly thanks. Or directions to help change or fix what ever is going on if it's not correct.

Attached screenshots as reference to the information.

How can I set my laptop to automatically use my Dedicated graphics card, as opposed to... [​IMG]

How can I set my laptop to automatically use my Dedicated graphics card, as opposed to... [​IMG]

Brennan, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

How can I set my laptop to automatically use my Dedicated graphics card, as opposed to...

1. How can I set my laptop to automatically use my Dedicated graphics card, as opposed to... - Similar Threads - set laptop automatically

2. Can't make laptop use dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't make laptop use dedicated graphics card: I recently reinstall windows on my laptop and since then it's not using the rtx 1050 that's in it, looking at task manager shows 0% usage at all times, with simple videos lagging constantly. I downloaded nvidia geforce experience to update the drivers, and disabled the...
  3. Can't make laptop use dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't make laptop use dedicated graphics card: I recently reinstall windows on my laptop and since then it's not using the rtx 1050 that's in it, looking at task manager shows 0% usage at all times, with simple videos lagging constantly. I downloaded nvidia geforce experience to update the drivers, and disabled the...
  4. Can't make laptop use dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Today suddenly my laptop stopped using dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Today suddenly my laptop stopped using dedicated graphics card: Hello,So today I woke up, turned on my laptop as usual and first thing I noticed is that my laptop's icons there huge, I had to change scale in display settings, but for some reason can't change resolution. Later I tried playing some games and it seems every game now...
  6. Today suddenly my laptop stopped using dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Today suddenly my laptop stopped using dedicated graphics card: Hello,So today I woke up, turned on my laptop as usual and first thing I noticed is that my laptop's icons there huge, I had to change scale in display settings, but for some reason can't change resolution. Later I tried playing some games and it seems every game now...
  7. Today suddenly my laptop stopped using dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Laptops with a dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptops with a dedicated graphics card: A friend of mine has just bought a laptop with Windows 10 and a dedicated graphics card. I am attaching a few screenshots below so that I can ask you a few questions.1. In PCs a dedicated graphics card is a totally separate piece of hardware, but what about laptops with a...
  9. Cannot use the dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot use the dedicated graphics card: I have an AMD A8 Processor with integrated graphics and a dedicated 2 Gb Graphics card. My rendering and design soft wares need more Vram to run smoothly but currently only use 512MB of Vram. i cannot seem to use the dedicated graphics card in any way how do i enable the...
  10. Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory: i have an hp 15 note book with an AMD A8 processor and 4 gb of ram i have a graphics card of 2gb Radeon HD 8500 R5 series graphics cad. all my games and design based software have issues running because the dedicated graphics memory is only 512MB. who do in use the full 2 gb...