Windows 10: How can I set my laptop to automatically use my Dedicated graphics card, as opposed to...

Discus and support How can I set my laptop to automatically use my Dedicated graphics card, as opposed to... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Title says it all.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DerrickBosch1, Mar 23, 2020.

1. How can I set my laptop to automatically use my Dedicated graphics card, as opposed to...

Title says it all.

:)

DerrickBosch1, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Inczi Win User

Dedicated graphic card not shown in the graphic options in Win10 settings.

I honestly have no clue if it matters or not regarding the usage of graphic cards. All I know is that my dedicated graphics card is not used. Changing settings in AMD control app does nothing, this is my last hope that if I manage to change that to how it
    should be, games will start using the dedicated graphics card. Therefore I would be grateful if someone who actually knows how to attach my dedicated card to the high performance option in gaming spoke up.

Cheers,

Inczi, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Switchable graphics, Dedicated graphics

Thank you for following up. For better assistance on switchable graphics and dedicated graphics, we would suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your graphics card.

Jomari Arc, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Brennan Win User

How can I set my laptop to automatically use my Dedicated graphics card, as opposed to...

Laptop NVIDIA GeForce Card - Dedicated Memory

Anything in bold is copy pasted from information elsewhere.

Laptop Acer Aspire v3-772g
    Windows 10
    NIVIDIA GeForce GT 750m

Systemrequirementslab.com sometimes spits at me that I have 3gb or 4gb dedicated video memory on my card, and sometimes 1gb.

So I dediced to find out myself.

----------------------
    Start -> Run -> Msinfo32 -> Components -> Display:

I have 2.
    One is obviously my Intel HD Graphics 4600
    "Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)"
    1 GB on the intel HD graphics sounds about right?

And the other is my NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    "Adapter RAM (1,048,576) bytes"

What's going on here msinfo32 suggests my card has 1 MB of memory?
    This laptop's graphics card should have 3 GB or 4 GB dedicated video memory.

Am I misunderstanding how my system memory is used? Does it somehow use some of that ram as dedicated memory to my card as well? I haven't changed any settings nor know how to.
    "Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB"
    --------------------------------------------
    NVIDIA Control Panel:
    Help -> System Information -> Scroll down to the info:
    "Total available graphics memory: 12228 MB"
    "Dedicated video memory: 4096 MB DDR3"
    "System video memory: 0MB"
    "Shared system memory: 8132 MB"

Ok this is looking more reasonable? What is lying to me and why?
    ----------------------

Can someone explain to me please. I'm rather tech savvy usually with myself under going study for ICT, mainly networking etc.
    Any explanation would help greatly thanks. Or directions to help change or fix what ever is going on if it's not correct.

Attached screenshots as reference to the information.

How can I set my laptop to automatically use my Dedicated graphics card, as opposed to... [​IMG]

How can I set my laptop to automatically use my Dedicated graphics card, as opposed to... [​IMG]

Brennan, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

How can I set my laptop to automatically use my Dedicated graphics card, as opposed to...

1. How can I set my laptop to automatically use my Dedicated graphics card, as opposed to... - Similar Threads - set laptop automatically

2. should i keep integrated or use dedicated graphics card for gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should i keep integrated or use dedicated graphics card for gaming?: if i install dedicated graphics card would it help better than my integrated graphics card for gaming? is there a way to find out what available dedicated graphics cards could work with my pc and im always looking for confirmation on my integrated graphics cards to look for...
  3. How do I set my NVIDIA graphics card as my system default?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I set my NVIDIA graphics card as my system default?: Recently, I've been having issues with game play performance and whether or not my games are using my dedicated GPU instead of my integrated GPU. I now believe most of my games are using my integrated GPU instead of my dedicated one. [ATTACH] I want to set my NVIDIA GPU as...
  4. Cannot use the Nvidia Graphic card on my laptop

Cannot use the Nvidia Graphic card on my laptop: I am using a MSI laptop which comes with a Nvidia GTX 970M graphic card, however I couldn't use it as my primary graphic card. In the device manager, it does show the graphic card is working properly, but when I plug into another monitor/ use the laptop monitor and go to the...
  5. Dedicated graphic card not shown in the graphic options in Win10 settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dedicated graphic card not shown in the graphic options in Win10 settings.: Hey, I am trying to fight a big problem with my new laptop that all games are super slow(even though the requirements should be far below the specs of the laptop). However, the dedicated card is not working at all. It is detected and present in the device manager and amd...
  6. Cannot use the dedicated graphics card

Cannot use the dedicated graphics card: I have an AMD A8 Processor with integrated graphics and a dedicated 2 Gb Graphics card. My rendering and design soft wares need more Vram to run smoothly but currently only use 512MB of Vram. i cannot seem to use the dedicated graphics card in any way how do i enable the...
  7. Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory: i have an hp 15 note book with an AMD A8 processor and 4 gb of ram i have a graphics card of 2gb Radeon HD 8500 R5 series graphics cad. all my games and design based software have issues running because the dedicated graphics memory is only 512MB. who do in use the full 2 gb...
  8. Can I run this graphic card with my PSU?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can I run this graphic card with my PSU?: My PSU is 450W and want to run a Radeon HD 6850 thus, upgrading from a Radeon HD 6670. Do I have enough juice on my unit to run it? 106245
  9. My laptop can`t detect my graphic card after BsoD

My laptop can`t detect my graphic card after BsoD: Hi there.I cleaned my Asus K52SV laptop and made a new thermal paste.And then i reset Win10 a few days ago.After reset i was able to play game for a few hours till the game was crashing with "ERROR "Failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX9::LockVertexBuffer" and randomly BsoD...
  10. Can I use my motherboard HDMI port as well as my graphics card HDMI?

Can I use my motherboard HDMI port as well as my graphics card HDMI?: I want to use 2 displays using HDMI, but the only problem is that when I plug in my HDMI to my TV through the motherboard, it does not work. I know some do not support it which is why I am coming here. My mother board and graphics card are in my account so look there for the...