Windows 10: How can I set the desktop to alternate between 2 wallpapers based on sunrise and sunset?

Discus and support How can I set the desktop to alternate between 2 wallpapers based on sunrise and sunset? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, hope you are all well. Basically, as the title says, I am trying to figure out a way to get my desktop wallpaper to alternate between a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DurhamRoots, May 29, 2020.

1. How can I set the desktop to alternate between 2 wallpapers based on sunrise and sunset?

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.

Basically, as the title says, I am trying to figure out a way to get my desktop wallpaper to alternate between a daytime and a night time one. I would like this to follow the sunrise and the sunset here in the UK.

The closest I can get is by cycling them on 12 hours each, although this is often well out of line with actual sunrise and sunset timings.

If anyone knows a way to do this I would be so appreciative.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/DurhamRoots
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DurhamRoots, May 29, 2020

2. Sunrise and sunset times

Is it possible to add sunrise and sunset times to my Windows Phone 8.1 Calendar app as reminders?

Brandon Taylor, May 29, 2020
  3. Marj1935 Win User
    Sunset-sunrise settings

My sunset-sunrise times are way off. I reset my location using a specific address and that did not change the settings. I read something about a "hard reboot". Not sure what that meant. Turned scheduled night light setting off and closed everything
    down and rebooted several times to no avail. When I turned the night light setting back on, it was still set on 3:39PM to 5 AM. How do I get my computer to recognize that I live in SC in Eastern time zone where the sun does not set at 3:39 PM and rise at
    5 AM.

Marj1935, May 29, 2020
  4. grusmarco Win User

How can I set the desktop to alternate between 2 wallpapers based on sunrise and sunset?

Windows 10 Night Light on after sunrise

Well, I ended up going to the Night Light settings and selecting "Set hours", instead of "Sunset to sunrise", that immediately turned off the Night Light filtering. Then I just re-selected my original "Sunset to sunrise" schedule setting and the filtering remained off, as it should be, and the setting is indicating "Off until sunset" now. I haven't checked to see if this is included in @dalchina suggestions, thank you for those.

I'm not sure what caused the weirdness, we'll see if it comes back. Recently I did play with the Night Light "Strength" setting, so maybe I inadvertently did something then.

grusmarco, May 29, 2020
Thema:

How can I set the desktop to alternate between 2 wallpapers based on sunrise and sunset?

1. How can I set the desktop to alternate between 2 wallpapers based on sunrise and sunset? - Similar Threads - set desktop alternate

2. how can i keep certain items of an alternate desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i keep certain items of an alternate desktop: I am going to have to testify in a case and there is possibility that the adverse party could have an opportunity to have access to my computer. I am trying to figure out how I could limit access to one folder?...
  3. Can I set multiple wallpapers on my desktops?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I set multiple wallpapers on my desktops?: Hi, I just got a computer with Windows 10 and was wondering if you can have different wallpapers on each desktop? I really liked that feature on my last Apple computer so is that possible on Windows 10? submitted by /u/universalmadman [link] [comments]...
  4. Night light not firing after sunset/sunrise

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light not firing after sunset/sunrise: Before anyone suggest the same, please let me state my findings. - Location is set and working - Video drivers are AMD and latest, no problems, whatsoever. - Tried registry edits/delete - I can turn on/off NL fine, I have all controls enabled, no problem with that....
  5. Night light sunset/sunrise times are wrong

Night light sunset/sunrise times are wrong: So this is when my computer thinks sunset/sunrise are: [ATTACH] This is, of course, absurd. I live in Southern California. Sunset today is at 16:43, and sunrise was at 06:43. I am set to the correct time zone: [ATTACH] Though, interestingly enough, I have to manually...
  6. alternating between desktop and tablet view

alternating between desktop and tablet view: ive just purchased a new Dell laptop loaded with windows 10 home edition. i have been experimenting changing from desktop to tablet.. having switched back to desktop as a preference my laptop seems to be stuck in the tablet mode as my apps no longer are listed vertically on...
  7. Can I alternate between 2 different desktop configurations?

Can I alternate between 2 different desktop configurations?: I recently started playing around with the program rainmeter, which allows you to do fun and wacky things with your desktop. I was wondering if I could have a different configuration for my shortcuts and programs on my desktop for when rainmeter is running vs when it is not....
  8. How can I set an MP4 as my desktop wallpaper?

How can I set an MP4 as my desktop wallpaper?: Without using Wallpaper Engine submitted by /u/svenpewdiepie128 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gb0tmm/how_can_i_set_an_mp4_as_my_desktop_wallpaper/
  9. How can I set the pointer size to between 1 and 2 in settings in Win10?

How can I set the pointer size to between 1 and 2 in settings in Win10?: 1 is to small, 2 is too big. is there some more hidden setting where I can get that sweet 1.5 size pointer. Thanks. submitted by /u/dr_zoidberg590 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ewe480/how_can_i_set_the_pointer_size_to_between_1_and_2/
  10. Wrong sunrise sunset time when using VPN

Wrong sunrise sunset time when using VPN: Hi, Night light feature is really useful with automatic scheduling but when I use a VPN to connect to a different countries, the schedule of night light became wrong. Is there any settings to choose a region to help the automatic sunrise and sunset time scheduling on...