Windows 10: How can I set up a PC with out going through the Windows activation?

Discus and support How can I set up a PC with out going through the Windows activation? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am going to be building a PC for a friend of mine and sending it to her. I'd like to install the drivers for all of the devices and make sure that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SBlack3, Aug 9, 2020.

1. SBlack3 Win User

How can I set up a PC with out going through the Windows activation?

I am going to be building a PC for a friend of mine and sending it to her. I'd like to install the drivers for all of the devices and make sure that everything is running smoothly before sending it out but I would like to leave the initial set up alone for her to go through the way she wants to.

Years ago I worked for a systems integrator back in the Windows 7 days and there was a way to bypass the registration screen to load drivers, perform QC checks, etc. When we were done we could shut the system down and send it off for the end user to register on their own. I'd like to do essentially the same thing with this PC before I send it off. Try as I might, I can only find ways to create a local account but that isn't what I want to do. Does anyone know I can do it?

:)

SBlack3, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Kantastic Win User

How to set up Windows SMP/SMP2 CPU Client

Figured that much out but step 5 is stumping me. *Frown How can I set up a PC with out going through the Windows activation? :(

Kantastic, Aug 9, 2020
  3. How to set up a VPN in Windows 7 HELP!!

Following are the steps for configuring Incoming VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Change adapter settings.
    Press Alt+F and select New Incoming connection
    Put a check on who you’d like to give access to this computer or you can configure a new account by clicking on Add someone,after that click on Next.
    Put a check mark on Through the Internet. Click on Next.
    Select the protocols you want to enable for this connection. Click on Allow access.
    Make a note of the Computer name as this will be used by the client to connect to this computer and after that Click on Close.

Following are the steps for configuring Outgoing VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Set up a new connection or network.
    Select Connect to a workplace then click on Next.
    Select Use my internet connection (VPN).
    Type the IP address or computer name where you wish to connect and your connection name under the Destination name field.
    Enter a User name and password that has been granted access to the host computer.
    For getting connected through created VPN connection, you can either right-click on the Network icon in the system tray and select Network and Sharing Center or go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center, and click on Connect to a network.
    Now connect VPN Connection windows will appears.

brandonwh64, Aug 9, 2020
  4. How can I set up a PC with out going through the Windows activation?

How to set a Backup location (Windows XP)?

Hi Greg - It is Windows 7.

The problem is when I attach an external hard drive to use as a backup the device does not come up as a possible backup (if I go through the steps to choose a backup). Nor is it listed as a folder in the Libraries window to drag files into.

I have gone through via Windows help all steps, and yet the drive is still not appearing as a possible Backup location.

(It is listed in Devices).

If you can explain to me how to set this external hard drive up as a backup I'd be grateful!

JulithaRyan, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

How can I set up a PC with out going through the Windows activation?

1. How can I set up a PC with out going through the Windows activation? - Similar Threads - set going through

2. Removing "Activate Windows Go to PC settings to activate Windows " message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing "Activate Windows Go to PC settings to activate Windows " message: My laptop has Windows activated and working, yet a message has appeared on the screen saying "Activate Windows Go to PC settings to activate Windows " This message will not go away. I can not re activate Windows as i no longer have the code. How do I get this message to go...
  3. Removing "Activate Windows Go to PC settings to activate Windows " message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing "Activate Windows Go to PC settings to activate Windows " message: My laptop has Windows activated and working, yet a message has appeared on the screen saying "Activate Windows Go to PC settings to activate Windows " This message will not go away. I can not re activate Windows as i no longer have the code. How do I get this message to go...
  4. Removing "Activate Windows Go to PC settings to activate Windows " message

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How can I go to my setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I go to my setting: When I go to the sight it dose not really tell me how to get to the settings and not link that takes you there … https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-go-to-my-setting/6cd79224-4165-4862-ac28-b899220382ae
  6. How can I go to my setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I go to my setting: When I go to the sight it dose not really tell me how to get to the settings and not link that takes you there … https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-go-to-my-setting/6cd79224-4165-4862-ac28-b899220382ae
  7. How can I go to my setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Skype can not be removed going through settings/apps.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Skype can not be removed going through settings/apps.: Yes, I have been screwing around trying to again remove skype. It keeps appearing on my system. Going to star/apps scroll down to skype hit remove and nothing happens. I was able to delete it last week when I found it running in the background but I am now unable to delete...
  9. Close windows Hello, try going through the set up again

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Close windows Hello, try going through the set up again: Hello I'm Using HP Pro Book. I recently factory rest my PC. Before doing the reset my fingerprint scanner was working all good for signin but now it is'nt. when i follow the process 'set up' and i follow the process and when it asks me to 'Swipe my finger' but after i...
  10. How to remove "Activate Windows Go to Settings to activate Windows"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to remove "Activate Windows Go to Settings to activate Windows": I've had Windows 10 since getting this laptop. It came pre-installed. Now it's saying I have to activate Windows even though it's already activated. What gives? I have a product key, and the troubleshooter always fails. Is there a way to get rid of this watermark or let...