Windows 10: How can I set up a touchscreen as the non-primary monitor in a dual monitor situation with W11

Discus and support How can I set up a touchscreen as the non-primary monitor in a dual monitor situation with W11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have been using W11 for a few weeks. I have a configuration with two monitors and I use a desktop computer. The main monitor is 34 inches... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mrpopo57, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Mrpopo57 Win User

How can I set up a touchscreen as the non-primary monitor in a dual monitor situation with W11

Hello, I have been using W11 for a few weeks. I have a configuration with two monitors and I use a desktop computer. The main monitor is 34 inches 3440*1440 -> main monitor The secondary monitor is 24 inches with a touch screen 1920*1080. When I try to use my touchscreen secondary monitor with my fingers, I automatically get interaction on my main monitor and not on my secondary monitor as I should. I remember I had this problem with W10 but I switched to tablet mode and the problem was solved. Now, the tablet mode is gone from W11 and option dissapear. Any suggestion to solve

:)

Mrpopo57, Jan 19, 2022

2. Touchscreen keyboard with dual monitor

Hi,

I'm trying to set up my Windows 10 laptop so that I have the laptop in tablet mode for writing on, and an extra monitor attached for other tasks. However, when I want to type in the secondary monitor, the touchscreen keyboard appears on the monitor, rather
    than on the laptop screen.

Is there any way to lock the touchscreen keyboard so that it only appears on the primary screen?

Thanks in advance!

GeorgeRobinson5, Jan 19, 2022
  3. Crivens Win User
    Touchscreen as second monitor

I have a laptop that has a touchscreen, and uses HDMI for an external monitor, plus a mini displayport for another external monitor (neither external monitor is a touchscreen). I use the external monitors for my main work, so have the primary display on one of these, and not the laptop screen. I also, in Win8.1, set the touch and tablet settings so that the touchscreen was identified as the laptop screen. Before the tablet setting was changed then using the laptop touchscreen effected the external monitor setup as the primary screen. Once the tablet setting was changed then it all worked brilliantly, with some small issues with screen resolution (3840x2160 laptop screen vs 1920x1080 external monitors).

Now I have updated to Win10, then I think most of the small screen resolution issues have gone (some new ones seem to have appeared, but I'm sure they will iron out over the next few months), but it has reverted to the touchscreen only being for the primary display. So I touch the laptop screen, and it effects the external monitor set as primary display.

Annoyingly I can't find the tablet setting that allowed you to state which display should be effected by the touchscreen. As Win10 is very new then I can't find documentation on how to change this.

Does anyone know how to change these settings in Windows 10?

Cheers

Crivens, Jan 19, 2022
  4. paulski Win User

How can I set up a touchscreen as the non-primary monitor in a dual monitor situation with W11

Touchscreen monitor

Hi, I'm looking into buying a touchscreen monitor for use with a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop pc rnning Windows 8 in order to fully utilise the touchscreen facilities of Windows 8.
    I'm preliminary looking at the Iiyama T2250MTS or T2452MTS touchscreen monitors. Anyone had experience of these, do they fully work under Windows 8?
    Any other suggestions of monitors in the £200-£350 range?
    Thanks

paulski, Jan 19, 2022
Thema:

1. How can I set up a touchscreen as the non-primary monitor in a dual monitor situation with W11 - Similar Threads - set touchscreen non

2. Pen touch on non primary monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pen touch on non primary monitors: Hi Guys did Microsoft removed the option to calibrate pen & touch ? I was able to find "Configure your pen and touch displays" on System settings windows 11 but I am no longer able to find. That setting is important because it allows us to select which monitor that would...
  3. Dual Monitor Setup with Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitor Setup with Touchscreen: I have a custom-built PC with a 32" 4k Monitor. I have a 16" secondary touchscreen monitor. Everything works fine but what I'm trying to do is lock the touchscreen to the secondary monitor.I do a lot of work on my computer where sometimes things are hard to read, and I need...
  4. Dual Monitor Setup with Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitor Setup with Touchscreen: I have a custom-built PC with a 32" 4k Monitor. I have a 16" secondary touchscreen monitor. Everything works fine but what I'm trying to do is lock the touchscreen to the secondary monitor.I do a lot of work on my computer where sometimes things are hard to read, and I need...
  5. How can I set up a touchscreen as the non-primary monitor in a dual monitor situation with W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I set up a touchscreen as the non-primary monitor in a dual monitor situation with W11: Hello, I have been using W11 for a few weeks. I have a configuration with two monitors and I use a desktop computer. The main monitor is 34 inches 3440*1440 -> main monitor The secondary monitor is 24 inches with a touch screen 1920*1080. When I try to use my touchscreen...
  6. Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitors: keeping the primary display primary: I have a Lenovo i7 Desktop PC with an Intel HD Graphics 4600 PCI card with 2 DisplayPort and 1 VGA outputs. One DP output is connected to my primary monitor, a 1080p Lenovo monitor. The other DP output is connected to my 55" Samsung HDTV, also 1080p, via a DisplayPort to...
  7. Dual Monitors Set up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitors Set up: Hi All, HI hope someone could help me with this and explain to me what to do in the easy way. I have HP computer with windows 10 Version 1909( 18363.1440) . I used 2 monitors one Dell ( plugged via HDMI) and one Samsung (connected via VDI) and this set up worked for me just...
  8. Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.: How do I set dual backgrounds on two different monitors? When I go to personalize and right click on the background picture option where it says "Choose your picture" to set to a specific monitor it gives me three options: Set for all monitors, Set for monitor 2, and Set for...
  9. Dual monitor set up

Dual monitor set up: I have my second monitor connected to my lap top. it's dell latitude e6400 and I was running it in windows 7 and everything was fine but I had to upgrade to win 10 cause of my work and now suddenly win 10 can't detect my second monitor. it's connected via VGA cable. I've...
  10. Dual monitor set up

Dual monitor set up: I have two monitors set up and I was messing with the display and then I ended up pressing the make this my main display button. It changed some settings but I figured it was fine. Then when I tried to use fullscreen on any app on one display and went to the other to do...