Windows 10: how can i set up administrator rights or previliges

Discus and support how can i set up administrator rights or previliges in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm moving Quicken 2015 from one 3 yr old desktop to a all in screen ewer on. Quicken does not accept my 2 of my 3 files. I need to obtain my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bibkestudenygv, Sep 15, 2018.

1. how can i set up administrator rights or previliges

I'm moving Quicken 2015 from one 3 yr old desktop to a all in screen ewer on. Quicken does not accept my 2 of my 3 files. I need to obtain my administrator rights

:)

bibkestudenygv, Sep 15, 2018

2. Previliges and rights?

Hello,

This error message often appears when settings in Microsoft’s Telemetry program have been modified in order for some features to work properly. We suggest that you do the following to change this:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Go to the Feedback & diagnostics tab.
    • Under Diagnostic and usage data, choose Enhanced.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Sep 15, 2018
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Sep 15, 2018
  4. knagsted Win User

how can i set up administrator rights or previliges

Previliges and rights?

I am using a local account with administrator rights but in the Settings for
    Messages and action I am reminded that *Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization (in red). If I log on with my MS account or the administrator account I don't se this message. Can I do something
    about this because I want to use the local account?

The UAC is all the way down.

Peter

knagsted, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

how can i set up administrator rights or previliges

1. how can i set up administrator rights or previliges - Similar Threads - set administrator rights

2. Set up myself as Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up myself as Administrator: I am the sole user of my computer and supposedly have administrator privileges but often when I attempt to do something I'm told I cannot perform the function as it requires the Administrator to do so.How do I become "The Administrator"?...
  3. Set up myself as Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set up myself as Administrator: I am the sole user of my computer and supposedly have administrator privileges but often when I attempt to do something I'm told I cannot perform the function as it requires the Administrator to do so.How do I become "The Administrator"?...
  4. How can I change my time without administrator rights?

How can I change my time without administrator rights?: I am having a hard time connecting to the internet because my clock is 1 month ahead. and I cannot change my time as I am a standard user. I cannot google meet anyone using IE now. please consider helping me out.Thanks and have a great day....
  5. Messed up Administrator settings.

Messed up Administrator settings.: I believe I messed up my administrator settings. There was a file that would not delete because I needed administrator privileges even though I was an admin. So I made the user account an admin and it worked. Now, when I try to move pictures or folders into the ones I've been...
  6. No right to administrator. how do i solve it.

No right to administrator. how do i solve it.: I can't do anything on my PC just because my pc is in standard user mode and the administrative right don't allow me to make any change to my pc. i need your help please. It's urgent....
  7. Setting up password for administrator

Setting up password for administrator: I have recently given a small laptop with Windows 10 to a relative and in trying to changing the name of the administrator, I changed my status from administrator, not realizing that he would need to have a password already established and did not have one. All my attempts to...
  8. administration permission set up

administration permission set up: how do you establish administrative permission? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administration-permission-set-up/5404f2c6-080c-415c-ab70-e8328ab22b77
  9. How can I gain administrator rights in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I gain administrator rights in Windows 10?: I need Administrator rights to run some maintenance commands but can't seem to gain the right access. I'm the only user....
  10. How to get rid of administrator rights Pop-Up...

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of administrator rights Pop-Up...: Hi... How do I get rid of this popup on windows 10 Pro / 64 Bit... Ounce in a while I get a pop up when moving a file or folder asking for... administrator rights It's not that big a deal... But it's annoying as hell... When it shows up I Click on CONTINUE and the...