Windows 10: How can I set-up auto-login such that it only occurs under specific conditions?

Discus and support How can I set-up auto-login such that it only occurs under specific conditions? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! I've looked into setting up auto-login on my Windows 10 PC and it looks remarkably straightforward, but for the sake of security, I'd like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KeybladeSpirit, Oct 2, 2022.

1. How can I set-up auto-login such that it only occurs under specific conditions?

Hello! I've looked into setting up auto-login on my Windows 10 PC and it looks remarkably straightforward, but for the sake of security, I'd like to know if there's a way to make it so that it will only work if I'm connected to a specific network by an ethernet cable, such that I'll still need to input my password if I'm connected to a different network, or connected to the same network by wi-fi. Is this possible, and if so how could I go about it?

:)

KeybladeSpirit, Oct 2, 2022
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 2, 2022
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Auto login and pictures at login

Hi,

Thanks for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Though you have enabled auto login and there is no lock screen, you should still be able to see the user account picture on the Welcome screen and the same picture (set as user account picture) can be set as the login page background.

To set the custom picture as the login screen background, please follow the steps given below.

• Go to Settings->Personalization->Lock screen.
    • Click on the dropdown list under Background and select
      Picture.
    • Click on the Browse button under
      Choose your picture
    • Browse to the location where the picture is saved and select the desired picture.
    • Similarly, to set the same image as the user account picture, open the Settings app.
    • Go to Accounts->Your info->Browse for one.
    • Browse to the location where the image is saved and select it to set it as the user account picture.

Since you’re on the Enterprise edition of Windows 10, we do have a dedicated support forum for Enterprise versions of Windows, Windows servers and systems which are part of any domain or corporate environment. I suggest to post your query in Microsoft
    TechNet forums for further help and information about
    this issue.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 2, 2022
  4. How can I set-up auto-login such that it only occurs under specific conditions?

Auto-Login after Cumulative Windows Update

Hi!

I work for an IT Helpdesk at a University and we have podium computers for classrooms that used to auto-login into a specific account by:

- Pressing Windows key + R

- Type "netplwiz"

Then there would be a box that you would uncheck if you wanted to auto-login to that account.

However, after a big Windows update, that box to auto-login disappeared. We have looked at other forums and there is no other suggested route besides going into the Registry and changing something. But, that is way too evasive and if done wrong, could damage
    the computer. Is there any other route to auto-login into a specific account after this update that doesn't involve the registry?

Thank You!

Phillip.Hart, Oct 2, 2022
Thema:

How can I set-up auto-login such that it only occurs under specific conditions?

1. How can I set-up auto-login such that it only occurs under specific conditions? - Similar Threads - set auto login

2. Downloads timeout under specific conditions, advice needed on which settings to investigate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads timeout under specific conditions, advice needed on which settings to investigate...: Hello,Background, worked IT in the past so no need to use layman terms or anythingI've had an ongoing issue with downloads from repo sites, I.E. github, huggingface, etc., this is a KEY point, normal downloads for games or more run of the mill servers are fine, its only...
  3. Downloads timeout under specific conditions, advice needed on which settings to investigate...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads timeout under specific conditions, advice needed on which settings to investigate...: Hello,Background, worked IT in the past so no need to use layman terms or anythingI've had an ongoing issue with downloads from repo sites, I.E. github, huggingface, etc., this is a KEY point, normal downloads for games or more run of the mill servers are fine, its only...
  4. How can I set-up auto-login such that it only occurs under specific conditions?

How can I set-up auto-login such that it only occurs under specific conditions?: Hello! I've looked into setting up auto-login on my Windows 10 PC and it looks remarkably straightforward, but for the sake of security, I'd like to know if there's a way to make it so that it will only work if I'm connected to a specific network by an ethernet cable, such...
  5. How can I disable the specific audio driver auto update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I disable the specific audio driver auto update?: I have [driver] running on my Dell G7 7588 laptop with Windows 10 Home. Even though it doesn´t bring that high a volume, it´s stable. That said, later on it gets updated and then every time I turn on a video or something with audio it goes all the way up to maximum volume,...
  6. How can I disable the specific audio driver auto update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable the specific audio driver auto update?: I have [driver] running on my Dell G7 7588 laptop with Windows 10 Home. Even though it doesn´t bring that high a volume, it´s stable. That said, later on it gets updated and then every time I turn on a video or something with audio it goes all the way up to maximum volume,...
  7. How can I disable the specific audio driver auto update?

8. How to set a specific device for charging only?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to set a specific device for charging only?: Hi, I have a portable electric fan and every time I charge it, my pc keeps displaying this message: [ATTACH] Does anyone know how to disable this? It keeps annoying me every time I charge my device. Thank you in advance....
  9. how do I set up auto complete

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I set up auto complete: How do I set up Autocomplete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-auto-complete/5a90da69-7c3d-4682-b41c-e16cd2c4e469
  10. How can I disable auto login on a passwordless account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I disable auto login on a passwordless account?: I have a Windows 10 PC which I share with my dad, and while my own account is protected with a password, his is not because: he has no private stuff there, and I expect he'd have difficulty remembering a password, as his memory is very poor due to a stroke he had 8 years ago...