Windows 10: How can I set up printing at intervals?

Discus and support How can I set up printing at intervals? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I set up printing at intervals? I am printing membership cards 2"x3" - 7mil that are mounted to paper that acts as in insert 9"x3.75" So the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pourshot, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Pourshot Win User

How can I set up printing at intervals?

I am printing membership cards 2"x3" - 7mil that are mounted to paper that acts as in insert 9"x3.75" So the paper and card are printed already and all the printer is doing is addressing the paper for the windowed envelope and printing the name, membership number, and expiration date on the card.

If I do more than 4 cards there is a good chance 10-20% that I will get smudging on the 5th card from the 4th cards information.

If I wait until the printer gets quiet, about 20 seconds after the printing stops, count to about 10, and do another 4 cards the smudging never occurs.

I am thinking the card material cools the fuser roller in one spot and the delay allows the heat from the surrounding portion of the roller allows it to come back to temperature., but that is just a guess.

I think, what I need, is a way to send all the jobs to the print spooler, but have it batch print 4 at a time and then insert a delay.

I have found no clues in the WIN 10 print spooler, RPC, the printer dialog boxes, or in the printer settings themselves.

The printer is an HP Laser Jet Pro M404DN

WIN Spec

Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 2004

Installed 9/7/2020

OS Build 19041.630

Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

:)

Pourshot, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

Windows 10 My Themes is missing the menu to set intervals between themed pictures.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with set intervals between themed pictures. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What exactly you mean by "set intervals between themed pictures"?
    • Are you trying to set time interval for desktop background to change automatically?
    If you are trying to set time interval for desktop background to change automatically, I suggest you to refer these steps.

a. Click on Start Button and open Settings.

b. Open Personalization.

c. Select Background in the left pane.

d. Under the section Background, select Slideshow
    from the drop down.

e. Choose the pictures you want to use.

f. Under the section Change pictures every, select the
    time interval
    you want to set.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Printing web pages in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

• Are you able to print via Internet Explorer 11?
    • What kind of contents and extensions do you want to print?
    I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to print documents in the Windows 10 Edge browser and check if it helps:

• Once the document is open in Edge, press
      Ctrl+P or More actions button at the top last end of the browser.

• Click Print as PDF button.

• Check if the document prints as expected.
    If the above steps did not work, try the next methods.

Method 2: Set your printer as default.

• Press Windows key and type
      Control Panel

• Click on view by and select large icons.

• Open Devices and printers.

• Right click on your printer and select set a default printer.
    Check if it helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Niranjan Manjhi, Dec 4, 2020
  4. How can I set up printing at intervals?

Microsoft Edge "Print Email" not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting back.

I suggest you to make sure that you made the following settings and check if you are able to print.

Step 1:

• Open MS Edge and click on more actions [...]

• Click on Settings and select
      Print

• Choose your printer from the list and check if you are able to print.

Step 2:

• Press Windows key and type
      Control Panel

• Click on view by and select large icons.

• Open Devices and printers.

• Right click on your printer and select set a default printer.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I set up printing at intervals? - Similar Threads - set printing intervals

2. How can I set up a thermal printer to print the shipping label off a packing slip?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set up a thermal printer to print the shipping label off a packing slip?: An old computer at work was able to do this but I can't examine it anymore to figure it out. Basically, we get orders and are given a packing slip to put into the package, and on the same sheet is a prepaid shipping label. We can print the packing slip from a normal printer,...
  3. How can I set up a thermal printer to print the shipping label off a packing slip?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I set up a thermal printer to print the shipping label off a packing slip?: An old computer at work was able to do this but I can't examine it anymore to figure it out. Basically, we get orders and are given a packing slip to put into the package, and on the same sheet is a prepaid shipping label. We can print the packing slip from a normal printer,...
  4. How can we set the settings for printing in the new print preview of windows 11?

How can we set the settings for printing in the new print preview of windows 11?: We are struggling with the new print preview with windows 11. Before the print we are changing some settings based on some configuration of our program. These settings are applied to the old print dialog of windows, but on the new one our settings are ignored.I wrote a small...
  5. How can we set the settings for printing in the new print preview of windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can we set the settings for printing in the new print preview of windows 11?: We are struggling with the new print preview with windows 11. Before the print we are changing some settings based on some configuration of our program. These settings are applied to the old print dialog of windows, but on the new one our settings are ignored.I wrote a small...
  6. How can I set up thumbnail preview in Firefox?

How can I set up thumbnail preview in Firefox?: There is a Firefox browser plugin called Imagus, which can be found at https://www.reddit.com/r/imagus or https://addons.mozilla.org/pl/firefox/addon/imagus, and it enlarges thumbnails well. [IMG] However, I want it to also enlarge images on websites like olx and...
  7. How can I set up a Home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I set up a Home network: How to set up a Home network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-set-up-a-home-network/2dbeac41-cac8-4e37-b8d3-d4c5d177fba1
  8. How can I change Word 2016 default print settings?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How can I change Word 2016 default print settings?: When I print in Word 2016 the default is to print all pages. To change this you have to click the drop down menu and select custom; then you can select pages individually. Is there a way to make this Custom Print option the default so I don't have to select every time? TIA...
  9. how can i set up administrator rights or previliges

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how can i set up administrator rights or previliges: I'm moving Quicken 2015 from one 3 yr old desktop to a all in screen ewer on. Quicken does not accept my 2 of my 3 files. I need to obtain my administrator rights...
  10. Can I print or save connection settings?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I print or save connection settings?: My computer lost all its connections. I need help to restore. 66427