Windows 10: How can I share any files on my network ?

Discus and support How can I share any files on my network ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 laptop with windows 10 pro 64bits on my network how can I make it can send any files to each other ? [img] P.s I 'm really newbie for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Akane, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Akane Win User

How can I share any files on my network ?

I have 2 laptop with windows 10 pro 64bits on my network how can I make it can send any files to each other ?
    How can I share any files on my network ? [​IMG]

P.s I 'm really newbie for this *Sad

Btw,Thanks in advance *Smile

:)

Akane, Dec 25, 2015
  2. shaznaz Win User

network file sharing on window phone 7

how can i connect my htc window phone 7 with my home network for file sharing. is there any application?

shaznaz, Dec 25, 2015
  3. How to create LAN in windows 10?

I know how to create or join homegroup.

I need a network in order to create or join homegroup. How can I create a network on windows 10 which I can use for sharing files by creating or joining homegroup?

In windows 7, I went to network and sharing center and then created a new network (Local Area Network) without any cables or wires or devices. But in windows 10 I can't find that option. How can I create a Local Area Connection?

I don't want to share internet or other things. I want to share files through homegroup and I need a wireless LAN coneection to do that.

AlifAl Emran, Dec 25, 2015
  4. jgt1942 Win User

I'm assuming these are your laptops and you don't have others on the same network otherwise there may be some security issues. All of my systems are on my personal network, however Win10 has thrown me a curve and I'm currently have issues access all of the drives on my desktop to my laptops. Following are some general steps.
    • Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center, on the left side click Change advance sharing settings
    • See the following image for the settings

• Expand the Guest or Public section and select the first option in each of the two options

• Now expand the last section All Networks, see the following image for the settings (the first two options, select the first option, the 3rd option select the 2nd option)

• You can now close the control panel
    Now open Windows explorer and drill down to the folder you want to share
    • I'm assuming you want to share the documents folder

• Click on the Sharing tab and then click the Share button

• Here I selected Everyone because nobody else is on my network. However if somebody hacks into my network then they have access. For the permissions select Read/Write, at the bottom of the window click on the Share button. Depending on the size of the folder this can take several seconds/minutes.

• You should see something like the following, note that the folder is shared and then click the Done button

• Back in the Document properties windows, click on the Advance Sharing button (note that it states the folder is shared)

• In the Advanced Sharing window click on the Permissions button. If you want you can add a comment in the Comments section

• In the Permissions for Documents window check the Full Control under Allow if it is not checked. This will automatically check the Change and Read boxes

• Now close all three windows, click OK, OK, Close
    • Now you can use standard mapping procedures to access the folders on each system from the other system

On my desktop I don't share anything on the C drive because I have all my data (this includes the Documents folder) on other drives. I then share at the drive level and use a SyncBackPro to sync the the Documents folder across all of my systems.

Good luck!

jgt1942, Jan 9, 2016
Thema:

1. How can I share any files on my network ? - Similar Threads - share files network

2. How do I map to a shared network file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I map to a shared network file: How do I map to a network file if my surface says can't find the netwirk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-map-to-a-shared-network-file/3e689d21-e7f8-4720-aa8d-ad975a67ca0f"
  3. Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network

Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network: Hello, I am trying to set up my PC for file sharing across the network at my work. I have changed all of my settings to allow network sharing but whenever someone else tries to access it says access denied I have allowed permissions to everyone while trying to set it up and...
  4. How can I share folders and files across my Home Network?

How can I share folders and files across my Home Network?: I have 3 windows 10 devices in my network (1 PC and 2 Laptops). To the best of my knowledge and ability, they are configured exactly the same. I am the owner of all the folders/files. Device A (PC) can see device B but can't access it. Device A (PC) can see device C, can...
  5. File Sharing on the network

File Sharing on the network: I want to share files with other specific users on our small LAN (7 PC's). Here is as far as I can get: I navigate to the file I want to share. Right click on the file Select Give access to Choose "Specific people" In Network Access I find my own sign-on is already...
  6. How can I share printer on network without sharing files?

How can I share printer on network without sharing files?: I am inquiring about a home network. Would like to share a printer on desktopA with others on network. It works great with laptopA which is on same Microsoft account. But others in the house are not on this Microsoft account, and I do not want to give them access to files -...
  7. How to remove network shared files?

How to remove network shared files?: My Windows 10 seems to share some files and i cannot figure out how to disable files sharing. I have 0 files in my Media player library, also, i have no other dlna sw installed that shares anything. How to remove these files from shared list? [img] Edit: I just...
  8. How can I recover my network or share password?

How can I recover my network or share password?: Using Windows 10 I have tried several times, but I'm unable to recover my network or shared drives passwords. How can I delete the need for the password, or how can I recover or reset the password? Thanks in advance if you have any help for me. 36845
  9. How can I share the Desktop (home network)

How can I share the Desktop (home network): Like the topic says: How can I share the desktops of my Win10 computers on the network? My network currently has two Win10 computers and an XP computer (+plus laptops but I'll worry about them after I figure this out). I was sure I had a network when I had 2 XP computers...
  10. network file sharing

network file sharing: I apologize if this is not allowed here and will understand if it gets removed. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction to resolve this. I need this for work. I don't want to have to buy a laptop with Windows just to do this. Thank you everyone. I am...