Windows 10: how can i shift the retail licence of microsoft to another laptop

Discus and support how can i shift the retail licence of microsoft to another laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; how can i shift the retail licence of microsoft to another laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SoorajUmesh, Dec 3, 2019.

1. how can i shift the retail licence of microsoft to another laptop

how can i shift the retail licence of microsoft to another laptop

:)

SoorajUmesh, Dec 3, 2019

2. migrating windows 10 using windows 8.1 retail licence to new system

I am using my retail licence of Windows 8.1 Pro on my Asus laptop which was purchased with DOS. I have even upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro. Now I have purchased another new laptop running on DOS and I want to migrate my licenced windows 10 to new one. I
    will format the old laptop and will install fresh Windows 8.1 Pro with licence key. Can I do it and can update the OS to Windows 10 Pro again on new laptop. Please share details of the steps which should I care while performing this exercise.

RohitThakur87, Dec 5, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Uninstalled windows 10 Licence but i saved the Product ID and Not the licence code

Hi csandreas1

Do you intend using that licence on another PC?

Log into your Microsoft Account online, do you see that Windows 10 Licence listed there?

Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

If you see that listed there, you will be OK . .

Please Note, if you do intend to install that licence on another PC:

Is your Windows 10 licence based on an OEM licence (came pre-installed on a PC) or Retail (purchased separately to a PC)

If it is a Retail licence, then it will have transfer rights to a new PC or Motherboard, if it is OEM it will not . ..

DaveM121, Dec 5, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Intel Speed Shift Technology Skylake

You just need a Skylake CPU and ThrottleStop, once turned on speed shift you can exit the software as unclewebb said above.

P4-630, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

1. how can i shift the retail licence of microsoft to another laptop - Similar Threads - shift retail licence

2. How to transfer retail windows 10 to another microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to transfer retail windows 10 to another microsoft account?: I have a Windows 10 retail version tied to a family member's Microsoft account. I want to transfer that Windows 10 retail license to the new PC under my own Microsoft Account. Am I able to do this or is it just always tied to the other Microsoft Account?...
  3. Different licence on another laptop and another different licence on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different licence on another laptop and another different licence on pc: Hi, so whenever im trying to install windows 10 or 11 on another of my laptop Asus X409MA using this account that has pro version for both that im using right now. After i install windows on my laptop, i'll just head to the windows settings to change some things and when i...
  4. Different licence on another laptop and another different licence on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different licence on another laptop and another different licence on pc: Hi, so whenever im trying to install windows 10 or 11 on another of my laptop Asus X409MA using this account that has pro version for both that im using right now. After i install windows on my laptop, i'll just head to the windows settings to change some things and when i...
  5. How i can transfer my windows licence to another motherboard and another ssd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How i can transfer my windows licence to another motherboard and another ssd?: How i can transfer my windows licence to another motherboard and another ssd? Can i use my old license key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-transfer-my-windows-licence-to-another/8b53b809-0baa-4789-a30b-2c5e59a0d15a
  6. How i can transfer my windows licence to another motherboard and another ssd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How i can transfer my windows licence to another motherboard and another ssd?: How i can transfer my windows licence to another motherboard and another ssd? Can i use my old license key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-transfer-my-windows-licence-to-another/8b53b809-0baa-4789-a30b-2c5e59a0d15a
  7. How i can transfer my windows licence to another motherboard and another ssd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Retiring a laptop and transferring its retail licence to another laptop

Retiring a laptop and transferring its retail licence to another laptop: Hi, I have a laptop that is old and needs to be retired. It has Windows 10 Home version 2004. It has a digital licence. Product Key Channel is 'Retail'. I have read that the Retail means that I can use this licence for another device. I understand that I may only use...
  9. Volume Licence Vs Retail Licence

Volume Licence Vs Retail Licence: I want to know how volume licence differ from you other retail licenses and why it is overpriced other than retail license. And i need to know the detailed peculiarities of volume licence over retail license...
  10. Moving Win10 (upgrade Win7 Full Retail Licence) to another PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Win10 (upgrade Win7 Full Retail Licence) to another PC: Hi I have on my laptop a win10 pro installation that was a fresh install using the win7 pro (retail) key. I have just used ShowKeyPlus and it says that a "Windows 7 OEM marker present in firmware". Is this correct? Does it stop me from moving this licence to a new laptop?...