Windows 10: how can i shift the retail licence of microsoft to another laptop

Discus and support how can i shift the retail licence of microsoft to another laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; how can i shift the retail licence of microsoft to another laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SoorajUmesh, Dec 3, 2019.

1. how can i shift the retail licence of microsoft to another laptop

how can i shift the retail licence of microsoft to another laptop

:)

SoorajUmesh, Dec 3, 2019

2. migrating windows 10 using windows 8.1 retail licence to new system

I am using my retail licence of Windows 8.1 Pro on my Asus laptop which was purchased with DOS. I have even upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro. Now I have purchased another new laptop running on DOS and I want to migrate my licenced windows 10 to new one. I
    will format the old laptop and will install fresh Windows 8.1 Pro with licence key. Can I do it and can update the OS to Windows 10 Pro again on new laptop. Please share details of the steps which should I care while performing this exercise.

RohitThakur87, Dec 5, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Uninstalled windows 10 Licence but i saved the Product ID and Not the licence code

Hi csandreas1

Do you intend using that licence on another PC?

Log into your Microsoft Account online, do you see that Windows 10 Licence listed there?

Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

If you see that listed there, you will be OK . .

Please Note, if you do intend to install that licence on another PC:

Is your Windows 10 licence based on an OEM licence (came pre-installed on a PC) or Retail (purchased separately to a PC)

If it is a Retail licence, then it will have transfer rights to a new PC or Motherboard, if it is OEM it will not . ..

DaveM121, Dec 5, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Intel Speed Shift Technology Skylake

You just need a Skylake CPU and ThrottleStop, once turned on speed shift you can exit the software as unclewebb said above.

P4-630, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

1. how can i shift the retail licence of microsoft to another laptop - Similar Threads - shift retail licence

2. How can I change the Microsoft account on my laptop?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How can I change the Microsoft account on my laptop?: Hello, My laptop has the Microsoft account of someone who set up this laptop years ago. Now I added my own Microsoft account, but I can't make it leading. In Microsoft store I have to sign in with the account of the other person, which of course I can't. How can I change...
  3. How to move a retail license to another VM.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to move a retail license to another VM.: If I create a VM and activate it with a retail license and at a later date want to move it to another VM, how would I do that without having an issue with the activation on the new VM? 137234
  4. Can I buy an OEM licence?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I buy an OEM licence?: Some time ago I read online that ANYONE who builds his own pc is qualifiable for OEM licensing. Is that true? I don't want to mess with Microsoft terms of use so I really want to know if I'm allowed to do that....
  5. Broken laptop with Win 10 Pro retail. Can I transfer this to a new laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broken laptop with Win 10 Pro retail. Can I transfer this to a new laptop?: Broken laptop with Win 10 Pro retail. Can I transfer this to a new laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-laptop-with-win-10-pro-retail-can-i/ee703ead-1abc-4ed8-9f10-0928623f3740
  6. How can be RENEWAL OF LICENCE KEy

How can be RENEWAL OF LICENCE KEy: up to what date my key is valid ' shah.vallavdas@gma il,com? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-be-renewal-of-licence-key/22ee28ca-dd45-4149-81f6-a88fd8ee1b41"
  7. How can I upgrade from a SSD to another?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I upgrade from a SSD to another?: Hello! I got a nice deal with the black friday's discounts for a 480GB SSD from kingston. I had another one with 120GB so i want to move everything from it to the other one, that means Windows and a couple of apps. I will keep both SSDs in my system but I want the 480GBs one...
  8. How Can I Transfer Bought Microsoft Games To Another Account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can I Transfer Bought Microsoft Games To Another Account?: So a while ago, I got the new Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition for free because I had Minecraft PC Edition. (this was all on my dads computer and account) After I used the free code, I got my own computer, with my own account. I can't play Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition without...
  9. Licence questions about home premium retail version

Licence questions about home premium retail version: Hello I have windows 7 home premium , but apparently it is OEM, so cannot take to another machine or when I do a big upgrade. If I do the windows free upgrade to windows 10, it is still apparently tied to the computer. I was looking at buying windows 10 home premium...
  10. Moving Win10 (upgrade Win7 Full Retail Licence) to another PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Win10 (upgrade Win7 Full Retail Licence) to another PC: Hi I have on my laptop a win10 pro installation that was a fresh install using the win7 pro (retail) key. I have just used ShowKeyPlus and it says that a "Windows 7 OEM marker present in firmware". Is this correct? Does it stop me from moving this licence to a new laptop?...