Windows 10: How can I sign in to my account when the pin does not work and other sign in options are...

Discus and support How can I sign in to my account when the pin does not work and other sign in options are... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,My son has a computer and uses my windows account for it. He recently restarted his computer and now on the login screen it displays the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tjlast D, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Tjlast D Win User

How can I sign in to my account when the pin does not work and other sign in options are...

Hello,My son has a computer and uses my windows account for it. He recently restarted his computer and now on the login screen it displays the message "Something happened and your pin isnt available. Click to set up your pin again. When I click "Set up my pin", It says I need to install app for task. Once I click yes, it takes me back to the 1st screen that displays the Something happened message. I tried to go to advanced options but it ask for my password, when I enter it says incorrect password, but its the same password that I enter to logon to my microsoft account, so Im at a loss.

:)

Tjlast D, Jan 26, 2023

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 26, 2023
  3. Judesman Win User
    Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options

I have already set a PIN for my Local Account and my "Sign in Options" in Settings looks like this showing "Add" under PIN:

How can I sign in to my account when the pin does not work and other sign in options are... 109146d1485973780t-add-pin-change-pin-sign-options-add-pin.png

Various sites I have visited indicate that as I have already set a PIN I should have the option to "Change" or "I forgot my PIN". like this:

How can I sign in to my account when the pin does not work and other sign in options are... 109149d1485973780t-add-pin-change-pin-sign-options-change-pin.png

Can someone explain why there is a difference please?

Judesman, Jan 26, 2023
  4. How can I sign in to my account when the pin does not work and other sign in options are...

PIN sign in option

How to remove PIN sign in option on local account sign in. It is not secure as it cannot be configured to work with a third party 2fa device.

NormPeterson, Jan 26, 2023
Thema:

How can I sign in to my account when the pin does not work and other sign in options are...

1. How can I sign in to my account when the pin does not work and other sign in options are... - Similar Threads - sign account pin

2. How can I sign in to my account when the pin does not work and other sign in options are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I sign in to my account when the pin does not work and other sign in options are...: Hello,My son has a computer and uses my windows account for it. He recently restarted his computer and now on the login screen it displays the message "Something happened and your pin isnt available. Click to set up your pin again. When I click "Set up my pin", It says I need...
  3. How can I sign in to my account when the pin does not work and other sign in options are...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I sign in to my account when the pin does not work and other sign in options are...: Hello,My son has a computer and uses my windows account for it. He recently restarted his computer and now on the login screen it displays the message "Something happened and your pin isnt available. Click to set up your pin again. When I click "Set up my pin", It says I need...
  4. In my sign-in options microsoft account windows Hello PIN option is not visible. How can i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In my sign-in options microsoft account windows Hello PIN option is not visible. How can i...: HIi Team,Im my microsoft account i cant able to see Windows Hello PIN option is not visible, however when i login with Local Administrative account, i can able to view Windows Hello PIN Option. So could you please help me to get this feature enable.My windows is Updated &...
  5. In my sign-in options microsoft account windows Hello PIN option is not visible. How can i...

In my sign-in options microsoft account windows Hello PIN option is not visible. How can i...: HIi Team,Im my microsoft account i cant able to see Windows Hello PIN option is not visible, however when i login with Local Administrative account, i can able to view Windows Hello PIN Option. So could you please help me to get this feature enable.My windows is Updated &...
  6. sign in options- pin not working

sign in options- pin not working: hello, so first I decided to add my Microsoft acc on my laptop, I added it, at some point, I went to settings and I added a pin, now I can't remove my pin because it says pin unavailable when I open my laptop I sign in with the pin but now I can't remove it, I have a password...
  7. sign in options- pin not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in options- pin not working: hello, so first I decided to add my Microsoft acc on my laptop, I added it, at some point, I went to settings and I added a pin, now I can't remove my pin because it says pin unavailable when I open my laptop I sign in with the pin but now I can't remove it, I have a password...
  8. sign in options- pin not working

9. How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option

How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option: Dear Guys,I have a problem in Pin Window Hello, this option is currently unavailable, I saw people got option to remove and change Pin, Please help me to fix this in my PC.Regards and many thanks for your help....
  10. PIN not working, no other sign-in options

PIN not working, no other sign-in options: My PIN no longer works on my computer, I can’t access any other sign in options. I have completely reset my computer which did literally nothing aside from delete everything of value on my computer. How can I get into my laptop? All I need is it to ask my password as I...