Windows 10: How can I slence Cortana.

Discus and support How can I slence Cortana. in Cortana to solve the problem; I want to be able to talk TO her, but not Hear her.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by KenMalkin, Jan 12, 2019.

1. KenMalkin Win User

How can I slence Cortana.

I want to be able to talk TO her, but not Hear her.

:)

KenMalkin, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 12, 2019
  4. How can I slence Cortana.

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

How can I slence Cortana.

1. How can I slence Cortana. - Similar Threads - slence Cortana

2. Cortana is not giving me my reminders on my Invoke.

in Cortana
    Cortana is not giving me my reminders on my Invoke.: Everything is working correctly on my Invoke other than Cortana has stopped giving me my reminders. I can set them up on the Invoke just fine and they show up on my computer and phone (I think even on my Band..?). I have two Invokes and Cortana is misbehaving like this on...
  3. Cortana cannot find shortcut files (.lnk)

in Cortana
    Cortana cannot find shortcut files (.lnk): My computer that is running Windows 10, desktop search or Cortana, cannot find the shortcut files (files with the extension .lnk). The problem occurred after the update. I hope to help....
  4. Why Won't Cortana Lock My PC Anymore?

in Cortana
    Why Won't Cortana Lock My PC Anymore?: Ever since she was introduced in Windows 10 saying "Hey, Cortana, lock my PC" caused Cortana to do that. Suddenly she won't. Instead she gives instructions on how to do that manually. Winkey+L (I already know that. I want her to do it so I don't have to press keys)....
  5. change cortana

in Cortana
    change cortana: Why am I being forced to use the name Cortana? Is there a way I can change it to a name I like and can remember. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-cortana/e32aba7b-2027-4987-9a18-4e1644c92616"
  6. Cortana, O365 get message "I can't seem to connect to the service right now"

in Cortana
    Cortana, O365 get message "I can't seem to connect to the service right now": I'm using a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 1803 (17134.648). We also use Office 365. When I try to use Cortana to schedule a meeting, it takes me to a "Lets get a calendar set up for you" dialog. I select Office365 and it asks me to connect. It displays a Microsoft Login and I...
  7. I do not want web results via Cortana.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I do not want web results via Cortana.: I have Windows 10 Home. How do I stop Cortana from searching the web. I do not want any web results and they come up first which is useless. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-want-web-results-via-cortana/3c84a266-b0f3-4d36-a861-89ceefbf3735
  8. Cortana Search bar glitch?

in Cortana
    Cortana Search bar glitch?: So I tried to fix the problem by restarting cortana- nothing. It happens everytime I try to look something on the search bar or use the home button. Its annoying and I really don't know what's happening or what to do.[ATTACH]...
  9. Cortana does not work on my surface laptop 1

in Cortana
    Cortana does not work on my surface laptop 1: After I had performed a hard reset of my surface laptop, cortana hasn't been working for me. Every time I open cortana, it makes the ui sound and says "listening..", before closing and staying active in the background. I have run troubleshooting for cortana multiple times and...
  10. Microsoft is rolling out a Cortana update with new design on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is rolling out a Cortana update with new design on Windows 10: It looks like a new server-side update is rolling out to Cortana in Windows 10 October 2018 Update with noticable changes. The latest server-side update to Cortana revamps the homepage interface to bring it in line with the changes that have been tested by Microsoft in...