Windows 10: How can I slow down Cortana?

Discus and support How can I slow down Cortana? in Cortana to solve the problem; If I take too long to ask Cortana a question, she will turn herself off. It's really frustrating, is there a setting that I can change to fix this?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MelansticJaguar, Jul 25, 2020.

1. How can I slow down Cortana?

If I take too long to ask Cortana a question, she will turn herself off. It's really frustrating, is there a setting that I can change to fix this?

:)

MelansticJaguar, Jul 25, 2020

2. System slow down

Hello,

Slow PC performance can be caused by several factors. Since you are aware of the issue's source, we suggest that you run the
    Maintenance task. This will help you in checking and resolving any issues that is causing your device to slow down. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

If the issue is still not resolved, feel free to let us know and we'll assist you further.

Regene Jos, Jul 25, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    How can I remove this virus remnant?

I was also going to suggest Autoruns.

Check to make sure it isn't attaching itself to explorer. It should be the 3rd thing listed in Autoruns, the listing for the Shell. It should just be Explorer.exe. If it is anything else, that might be your problem.

newtekie1, Jul 25, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

How can I slow down Cortana?

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

How can I slow down Cortana?

1. How can I slow down Cortana? - Similar Threads - slow down Cortana

2. How to slow Cortana speech?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to slow Cortana speech?: How do I slow down cortana's speech rate? She's talking just a bit too fast for my ears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-slow-cortana-speech/2d1123d9-3e8a-4daf-8500-ae88f24ea1f5
  3. How can i use Cortana in Turkey?

in Cortana
    How can i use Cortana in Turkey?: I know Cortana is not have Turkish language support, i don't expect it to be soon. But even if it's gonna be English, i want to use Cortana on my computer. I've searched it on Google and i saw some youtubers making their computer fully English to use Cortona. Honestly i don't...
  4. How can I disable Cortana?

in Cortana
    How can I disable Cortana?: I don't really use Cortana on my desktop. What's the proper way to disable it and remove the process? It's generating error in event log every couple of hours. Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  5. How can I disable Cortana Fullscreen?

in Cortana
    How can I disable Cortana Fullscreen?: While using my PC, I often don't input anything trough mouse or keyboard for 10 or more seconds when, for example, participating in a call with my friends and family members or watching a video or a movie. While doing that it is rather disruptive that Cortana decides to open...
  6. How can I get rid of Cortana?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I get rid of Cortana?: I have upgraded to version 2004 and the Cortana window and application is open at all times, asking me to sign in. I have never used Cortana, I never will, and it annoys me that the application is always open, shows up in my task view and consumes my RAM. Is there any way to...
  7. How can I activate Cortana? Settings, Cortana, Hey Cortana toggle will not work.

in Cortana
    How can I activate Cortana? Settings, Cortana, Hey Cortana toggle will not work.: When I go to settings, Cortana, and try to turn on the toggle to allow Hey Cortana to funtion, it will not turn on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-cortana-settings-cortana-hey/a7fd5b59-9b42-4244-8bb4-4f55571ed4d5
  8. I can not learn cortana how i say hey cortana.

in Cortana
    I can not learn cortana how i say hey cortana.: If i go to cortana setings. And press "Learn how i say "Hey Cortana"". [ATTACH] Every thinks work pretty good but after i should say frst phrases it close and doesnt work. Normali cortana can hear me and do every think that i told her but when i want to learn her that it...
  9. How can I slence Cortana.

in Cortana
    How can I slence Cortana.: I want to be able to talk TO her, but not Hear her. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-slence-cortana/ecdada4b-074d-47e2-aa98-4d0e3d12313e"
  10. How can i disable cortana?

in Cortana
    How can i disable cortana?: I don't use cortana that much. Only windows search. How can i disable cortana..? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-cortana/abce115b-dd85-4eb7-81dc-7f2b22251a85"