Windows 10: How can I solve BSOD after enabling RAID in ASUS UEFI? (Z390 chipset)

Discus and support How can I solve BSOD after enabling RAID in ASUS UEFI? (Z390 chipset) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to use my spare 128GB SSD to accelerate a secondary 4TB HDD that I do alot of reading from. Everything I found online makes the process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by orlando1974, Feb 18, 2019.

1. How can I solve BSOD after enabling RAID in ASUS UEFI? (Z390 chipset)

Hi, I'm trying to use my spare 128GB SSD to accelerate a secondary 4TB HDD that I do alot of reading from.
    Everything I found online makes the process of setting this up sound easy.

However the moment I enable Intel RST in the bios ez mode, OR, switch from ACHI to Intel in the advanced mode, and then shows RAID then listing all my drives, my reboot leads to the blue screen of death. This is a fresh rebuild that is otherwise working great. Just trying to speed up the 4TB drive.

Note: RST software is already installed on my Windows 10 but I don't have the "Accelerate" option available yet - I think I have to pass the bios properly first.

Can someone please assist? I've no clue about what could possibly be causing the failure.

:)

orlando1974, Feb 18, 2019

2. Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

As the title says, I'm trying to install Windows on a RAID array in uefi on my Maximus V Formula. When using legacy ROM I can install just fine but I go into CSM and change settings to UEFI only, I can build the array in the UEFI Raid driver (IRST tab in "BIOS") but the array does not show up in the boot menu and when I try to install windows (boot from UEFI DVD drive), The drive does not show up in the Windows install. The next thing I tried was to enable UEFI and legacy oprom in CSM, boot from UEFI DVD drive and install to the RAID array (probably detected by legacy oprom) and it will install. After first reboot, Windows Boot manager will show up as an option in the BIOS boot menu so I set that as first boot device and reboot. I will get to the starting windows screen and then BSOD (too quick to get codes) The last thing I tried was Changing to legacy mode and installing windows to a different drive. once installed, I initialized the Raid array as GPT and rebooted, changed csm back to UEFI only but they RAID array still doesn't show in the boot device list so I repeated the earlier process hoping that It might work because I had initialized as GPT but it still BSODs on starting windows screen. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

mystiksinner, Feb 18, 2019
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

I think you were on track with your first try. Windows installer probably needs the RAID driver in order to detect it on install.

How can I solve BSOD after enabling RAID in ASUS UEFI? (Z390 chipset) [​IMG]

FX-GMC, Feb 18, 2019
  4. How can I solve BSOD after enabling RAID in ASUS UEFI? (Z390 chipset)

Intel Z390 Express Chipset Detailed

Anandtech seems to suggest there will be 30 HSIO lanes, same as the Z/H370, although configured differently. Intel Releases Z390 Chipset Product Information: New Motherboards Inbound
    The USB 2.0 ports are not part of the HSIO, as USB 2.0 is not considered high speed any more.

TheLostSwede, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

How can I solve BSOD after enabling RAID in ASUS UEFI? (Z390 chipset)

1. How can I solve BSOD after enabling RAID in ASUS UEFI? (Z390 chipset) - Similar Threads - solve BSOD enabling

2. How can i enable uefi and secure boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i enable uefi and secure boot?: so i wanted to try out windows 11 on my pc and it says it dosent meet the requirements because secure boot isn’t enabled. I tried changing the bios from legacy to ufei but when i pressed save and exit it kept going back to the bios until I switched it back to legacy please...
  3. How can i enable uefi and secure boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i enable uefi and secure boot?: so i wanted to try out windows 11 on my pc and it says it dosent meet the requirements because secure boot isn’t enabled. I tried changing the bios from legacy to ufei but when i pressed save and exit it kept going back to the bios until I switched it back to legacy please...
  4. How Can I solve this

How Can I solve this: Everytime I open my windows this window prompts..how can I solve this guys..This is so much irritating https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-solve-this/8b3a4c07-5241-45bf-9727-00e818e312fb
  5. How can i solve it ?

How can i solve it ?: Afafter reset my pc stuck at this screen i dont have a w10 USB or another computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-solve-it/21520675-c015-4bca-a830-29a1095a0311
  6. How can I solved it

How can I solved it: The message says "This is a problem on our side. There is no problem with the customer." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-solved-it/47741792-c05c-4ebd-931f-7764675ba3a9
  7. Windows UEFI, BIOS, and chipset questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows UEFI, BIOS, and chipset questions: Hallo Guys im new to the Forum, i've got some questions maybe someone could help me. At first sorry for my english i'm from Germany ^^ Now to my questions, i've got my self a Clevo Notebook with the Mainboard: NB50TJ1_TK1, i dont have any kind of manual because the Shop...
  8. Raid o on ASUS z390-e

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Raid o on ASUS z390-e: I am trying to install a raid 0 on an ASUS z390-E on initial install using 2 M2 nvme intel sticks but windows does not recognize them in the configuration screen. How do I do it or can I do it on windows pro?...
  9. Hardware Raid card for Gigabyte Z390 UD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware Raid card for Gigabyte Z390 UD: I tried the LSI/3Ware 9650SE-2LP and the 9650SE-4LPML in a new Gigabyte Z390 UD motherboard build, but the motherboard doesn't seem to be compatible. During boot, it seems to try to load the 3Ware Bios, but then fails. Is there a hardware Raid card that is compatible with...
  10. Hi experts - how can I install on RAID 0 non UEFI system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hi experts - how can I install on RAID 0 non UEFI system: Hi there Any experts out there I've rescued an old small server(working with Red Hat enterprise -- but I can't have the OS as it's licensed by the office) from our office --was being chucked out but looks quite good to me. 4 SATA bays populated with 4X 3TB HDD's (the...