Windows 10: How can I speed up my hard drive?

Discus and support How can I speed up my hard drive? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer is about 9 months old and all the way though my hard drive has been very slow. Even know the computer is pretty new... You get the idea :)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JackTDS, Aug 13, 2019.

1. JackTDS Win User

How can I speed up my hard drive?

My computer is about 9 months old and all the way though my hard drive has been very slow. Even know the computer is pretty new... You get the idea How can I speed up my hard drive? :)

Can you help me?

:)

JackTDS, Aug 13, 2019

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Mathragh Win User
    Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Aug 13, 2019
  4. How can I speed up my hard drive?

little cat, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

How can I speed up my hard drive?

1. How can I speed up my hard drive? - Similar Threads - speed hard drive

2. how and where can i find the speed of the hard drive and memory stick ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how and where can i find the speed of the hard drive and memory stick ?: i am trying to buy another hard drive for my laptop and i do not know the speed of my hard drive.the speed is not written on my old hard drive where can i find this information.? please Help....
  3. how and where can i find the speed of the hard drive and memory stick ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how and where can i find the speed of the hard drive and memory stick ?: i am trying to buy another hard drive for my laptop and i do not know the speed of my hard drive.the speed is not written on my old hard drive where can i find this information.? please Help....
  4. how can i speed up my windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i speed up my windows10: my computer is slow,speeds up some after running ccleaner,but the next day its slow again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-speed-up-my-windows10/271a2257-6646-4e9f-a56e-54049a05347c
  5. how can i speed up my windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i speed up my windows10: my computer is slow,speeds up some after running ccleaner,but the next day its slow again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-speed-up-my-windows10/271a2257-6646-4e9f-a56e-54049a05347c
  6. how can i speed up my windows10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How can I speed up my PC?

How can I speed up my PC?: Hi I am a person who uses Windows 10 daily. I want to speed up my PC a little bit. Somedays it is fast. But some days it is really slow. I have tried deleting files from temp, %temp%, prefetch and recent. That helped a little. I tried disabling apps from startup. But that...
  8. How can I speed up my PC?

How can I speed up my PC?: Hi I am a person who uses Windows 10 everyday. When I started using it, it didnt have any problems. But after 1 or 2 weeks, it started slowing down. Now it's slowing down heavily!!!! I tried deleting files from temp, %temp%, prefetch and recent. But it was of no use. I tried...
  9. How can i speed up my pc?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can i speed up my pc?: When i installed the newest version of winodws 10 2004 pro my pc started booting really slow and even opening programs and the start menu sometimes wont even open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-speed-up-my-pc/4943b897-c405-4941-b0a3-65f502e68af7
  10. how can i speed up my computer

how can i speed up my computer: my computer is getting really slow, broadband ok through my phone wifi ect ok tried disk clean up ect , no improvement , whats next. the computers only 3 years old...