Windows 10: How can I speed up my hard drive?

Discus and support How can I speed up my hard drive? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer is about 9 months old and all the way though my hard drive has been very slow. Even know the computer is pretty new... You get the idea :)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JackTDS, Aug 13, 2019.

1. JackTDS Win User

How can I speed up my hard drive?

My computer is about 9 months old and all the way though my hard drive has been very slow. Even know the computer is pretty new... You get the idea How can I speed up my hard drive? :)

Can you help me?

:)

JackTDS, Aug 13, 2019

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Mathragh Win User
    Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Aug 13, 2019
  4. How can I speed up my hard drive?

little cat, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

How can I speed up my hard drive?

1. How can I speed up my hard drive? - Similar Threads - speed hard drive

2. my external hard drive is not accessible. how can I open it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my external hard drive is not accessible. how can I open it?: My external hard drive comes as F drive but is not accessible how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-hard-drive-is-not-accessible-how-can-i/7761ef30-c4ee-4f6b-b812-ea3a52561470
  3. Windows 10 is slow, how can I speed it up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 is slow, how can I speed it up?: How can I get my pc up to speed, and why do Windows update take so long. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-slow-how-can-i-speed-it-up/dad6fefb-e248-46ee-aecd-e1091e9d24b1
  4. how to speed up my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to speed up my laptop: dont know if I have all the updates I need or if its a driver issue but laptop is really slow ,how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-speed-up-my-laptop/930eb128-ee3a-4e23-a86f-849027de681b
  5. HOW I CAN INCREASE MY PC SPEED

HOW I CAN INCREASE MY PC SPEED: SIR, I WANT TO SAY THAT THE SYSTEM OF MY PC IS TO SLOW ,I WANT INCREASE MY PC SPEED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-increase-my-pc-speed/16780602-111c-4678-8b8f-9a87fdf4b293
  6. How Can we Speed up Updates???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Can we Speed up Updates???: My laptop has been on Fast Ring for awhile now. Seems that recently updates have become more furious. Also, I can't seem to pause them until end of day. Just now, I was editing a PHP file for an old website when my laptop rebooted. On top of that on my laptop and enterprise...
  7. My Windows 10 is running very slow, how can I speed it up?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Windows 10 is running very slow, how can I speed it up?: How can I speed up my Windows 10, I t is running slow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-is-running-very-slow-how-can-i-speed/fdd2747f-f5b2-4f2d-8147-bdc8cb0f6255"
  8. how can i speed up my computer

how can i speed up my computer: my computer is getting really slow, broadband ok through my phone wifi ect ok tried disk clean up ect , no improvement , whats next. the computers only 3 years old...
  9. How I speeded up my Win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How I speeded up my Win 10: I've been getting very frustrated with how long it took for my Win 10 PC (i5 with 32GB RAM) to boot up and generally respond. I'd unloaded all the usual start-up culprits and few unnecessary apps but no difference. Acronis kept throwing up an error about not being active, so...
  10. How can I extend my hard drive space?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I extend my hard drive space?: I'm going under Computer Management>Disk Management and have deleted a partition which gave me the unallocated 48gb, and I'm trying to add that unallocated space to the main drive (C), and it's not letting me, When I right the C drive there is only a shrink volume option, the...