Windows 10: How can I stay in the Excel App when I close a file or worksheet?

Discus and support How can I stay in the Excel App when I close a file or worksheet? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Currently when I close the Excel worksheet computer goes straight to desktop/home screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Babettevdk, Mar 13, 2019.

1. How can I stay in the Excel App when I close a file or worksheet?

Currently when I close the Excel worksheet computer goes straight to desktop/home screen

:)

Babettevdk, Mar 13, 2019

2. Excel Worksheet in Drive G

I did something to make a worksheet that I had prepared in Excel to go to my external drive G. Now each time I need to get the worksheet for some reason it tells me that it is not there, but I can see it in the external drive. I want to it on drive C.
    Suggestions?

metromiami74, Mar 13, 2019
  3. simrick Win User
    Excel Worksheet in Drive G

If you saved the worksheet on C drive in Excel, that's where it will look for it. If you moved it to drive G (even by accident), Excel is still looking for it at the last known location where you saved it. If you open Excel and navigate to the location on the G drive where you know it is, then open it, and "save as" to the original location on the C drive, Excel will know where it is, and you will be able to open it next time from within the Excel program.

simrick, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

How can I stay in the Excel App when I close a file or worksheet?

Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files

Are you using OneDrive to save your Office files? If so, this resolved the same issue for me:

Disable (unselect) the highlighted selection in OneDrive settings:

How can I stay in the Excel App when I close a file or worksheet? [​IMG]

Restart computer, open Excel and one of files that was shown as read only. If it will now work as it should, and you are able to save / copy it, close the file, close Excel, and go back to OneDrive settings re-enabling the setting you disabled earlier.

Now restart again.

I am not saying this automatically fixes your issue, I am just saying it fixed it for me.

Thema:

How can I stay in the Excel App when I close a file or worksheet?

1. How can I stay in the Excel App when I close a file or worksheet? - Similar Threads - stay Excel App

2. how do i make the excel worksheets horizontal across the bottom taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i make the excel worksheets horizontal across the bottom taskbar: HelloI got a new DELL Computer and new Excel from you. I want the excel worksheets to be horizontal across the bottom taskbar. So If I have 15 open there should be 15 horizontal across the bottom. Now I have to pick pictures that pop up which is useless because I cant see the...
  3. how do i make the excel worksheets horizontal across the bottom taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i make the excel worksheets horizontal across the bottom taskbar: HelloI got a new DELL Computer and new Excel from you. I want the excel worksheets to be horizontal across the bottom taskbar. So If I have 15 open there should be 15 horizontal across the bottom. Now I have to pick pictures that pop up which is useless because I cant see the...
  4. Help with emailing an excel worksheet

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Help with emailing an excel worksheet: Hello, all I'm a relative novice at writing VBA code and don't pretend to very knowledgeable about computers but I persevere and usually get somewhere but I've been stuck for months on what, I'm sure, ought to be a simple task. Quite simply, all I want to do is write a...
  5. Help with emailing an excel worksheet

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with emailing an excel worksheet: Hello, all I'm a relative novice at writing VBA code and don't pretend to very knowledgeable about computers but I persevere and usually get somewhere but I've been stuck for months on what, I'm sure, ought to be a simple task. Quite simply, all I want to do is write a...
  6. microsoft excel worksheet

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft excel worksheet: I had an update on my windows 10 program last couple of weeks and when I check all of my files they lost them where are all of my files you lost? I had a tech trying to scam what do I do when I lost all of my personal; files including the Microsoft excel spreadsheet....
  7. EXCEL WORKSHEETS MOVING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EXCEL WORKSHEETS MOVING: Hi, I am trying once again to get an answer to what appears to be a simple request but I cannot solve it. I have 12 excel worksheets on my desktop (windows 10) they are labelled January through to December but each time I edit one of the worksheets I save it and it goes to a...
  8. Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files

Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files: I am running Win 10 v 1803 64 bit. All of a sudden, my excel files are coming up read only and I cannot save the changes I make. System won't allow me to move files saying I don't have permission. What? Will appreciate anyone's help on getting this cleaned up. Thanks. 117808
  9. Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files: I am running Win 10 v 1803 64 bit. All of a sudden, my excel files are coming up read only and I cannot save the changes I make. System won't allow me to move files saying I don't have permission. What? Will appreciate anyone's help on getting this cleaned up. Thanks. 117808
  10. Excel Worksheet in Drive G

Excel Worksheet in Drive G: I did something to make a worksheet that I had prepared in Excel to go to my external drive G. Now each time I need to get the worksheet for some reason it tells me that it is not there, but I can see it in the external drive. I want to it on drive C. Suggestions? 55292