Windows 10: How can I stay on Windows 10 1607?

Discus and support How can I stay on Windows 10 1607? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I DO NOT want to update to a later version of Windows 10. I did before and had many issues for over a year once the CU hit. I was able to go back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BurnoutZ06, Aug 6, 2018.

1. How can I stay on Windows 10 1607?

I DO NOT want to update to a later version of Windows 10. I did before and had many issues for over a year once the CU hit. I was able to go back to 1607, and windows has already tried to update which made me again go back 1607. Later versions are troublesome for me and many others(stuttering in games), plus a program that is used by my wife for work now does not work with later versions which can cause significant monetary issues. Microsoft is already aware of the issues with the stuttering, has admitted there are issues, but has made little to no notification that a fix is being done.

How can I STOP the updates from continuing? I have already replaced my laptop with a mac and my xbox with a ps4. Do I really need to replace my desktop too?

:)

BurnoutZ06, Aug 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 6, 2018
  4. How can I stay on Windows 10 1607?

Windows 10 ver 1607 will not upgrade to 1703

• How are you performing the upgrade from Windows 10 Version 1607 to 1703
    Windows10Upgrade9252 (2).exe

• What troubleshooting steps have you performed to address the issue?
    Retry

keepitsimpleengr, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

How can I stay on Windows 10 1607?

1. How can I stay on Windows 10 1607? - Similar Threads - stay 1607

2. screen shot folder stays open and is frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen shot folder stays open and is frozen: I took a screen shot using my key board about three days ago. I've turned my computer on and off since and it stills appears. The screen shot folder stays open and is frozen I can not choose anything from the file folder to change the screen shot folder. I can not open or...
  3. screen shot folder stays open and is frozen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen shot folder stays open and is frozen: I took a screen shot using my key board about three days ago. I've turned my computer on and off since and it stills appears. The screen shot folder stays open and is frozen I can not choose anything from the file folder to change the screen shot folder. I can not open or...
  4. My computer is having problems stay charging up. Only when the baterry is plug in the...

My computer is having problems stay charging up. Only when the baterry is plug in the...: My lap top is having problems staying charge up. Computer does not stay on only when you plug the battery cord in. Don't see the battery symbol on the bottom right screen to let you no when the computer is beening charge....
  5. My computer is having problems stay charging up. Only when the baterry is plug in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is having problems stay charging up. Only when the baterry is plug in the...: My lap top is having problems staying charge up. Computer does not stay on only when you plug the battery cord in. Don't see the battery symbol on the bottom right screen to let you no when the computer is beening charge....
  6. Resetting windows 11 stays at 40 %for 30/40 min now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting windows 11 stays at 40 %for 30/40 min now: I was trying to reset my pc with the factory reset download from cloud it is stuck at 40 % for a about 40 min now should I do something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-windows-11-stays-at-40-for-3040-min-now/88e720c7-f107-47c8-ab07-878d8616c2d7
  7. Resetting windows 11 stays at 40 %for 30/40 min now

Resetting windows 11 stays at 40 %for 30/40 min now: I was trying to reset my pc with the factory reset download from cloud it is stuck at 40 % for a about 40 min now should I do something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-windows-11-stays-at-40-for-3040-min-now/88e720c7-f107-47c8-ab07-878d8616c2d7
  8. News and Interests won't stay turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Interests won't stay turned off: Hi,I learned a couple days ago that I could turn off the News and Interests from showing on my taskbar and I disabled it in settings. However, it continuously reappears. It will just randomly show up again while I'm using my laptop or after I close it for a while. The same...
  9. News and Interests won't stay turned off

News and Interests won't stay turned off: Hi,I learned a couple days ago that I could turn off the News and Interests from showing on my taskbar and I disabled it in settings. However, it continuously reappears. It will just randomly show up again while I'm using my laptop or after I close it for a while. The same...
  10. News and Interests won't stay turned off

in Windows 10 Customization