Windows 10: How can I stop Bing from opening, when it is not my default browser?

Discus and support How can I stop Bing from opening, when it is not my default browser? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I stop Bing from opening automatically when I start my computer. It always opens, even though it is not my default browser and alerts me to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by fleventer, Jul 2, 2020.

1. fleventer Win User

How can I stop Bing from opening, when it is not my default browser?

How can I stop Bing from opening automatically when I start my computer. It always opens, even though it is not my default browser and alerts me to the fact that I am working offline.

:)

fleventer, Jul 2, 2020
  2. JohnCPR Win User

How to stop Bing high jacking my selected default when starting Edge

I wish to stop Bing from presenting travel information I do not need when I start Edge. At present, I start Edge, immediately followed by the a Bing view of a travel destination. I then need to exit edge and restart before I can use the Edge homepage I
    selected as default.

How do I stop the high jacking Bing process?

JohnCPR, Jul 2, 2020
  3. When I "deleted history" it deleted bing - how do I get it back?

Thank you Jack for replying!

• In my Advanced Settings there is no place to set a Default Search Provider
    • However, when I press the search button -- it does open to Bing -- I guess this is how I will do things from now on.

Thank you again!

Belinda_HH, Jul 2, 2020
  4. How can I stop Bing from opening, when it is not my default browser?

How do I stop Bing from appearing when I open a new tab in Edge?

I made Google the default search engine. I can't delete Bing as a search engine.

Bing comes up as a new tab.

How do I stop Bing from coming up as a new tab?

MichaelGromowski, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

How can I stop Bing from opening, when it is not my default browser?

1. How can I stop Bing from opening, when it is not my default browser? - Similar Threads - stop Bing opening

2. How can I stop my mouse from opening my browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop my mouse from opening my browser?: I just bought a gaming laptop. It came pre-loaded with Windows 11. Fine. Unfortunately, in shooter games, if you press and hold the right mouse button, and then press the left mouse button, this is a macro that opens an empty browser page. I have a host of rhetorical...
  3. How can I stop my mouse from opening my browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop my mouse from opening my browser?: I just bought a gaming laptop. It came pre-loaded with Windows 11. Fine. Unfortunately, in shooter games, if you press and hold the right mouse button, and then press the left mouse button, this is a macro that opens an empty browser page. I have a host of rhetorical...
  4. How to stop my default browser Firefox from opening msn.com everytime I boot my computer?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop my default browser Firefox from opening msn.com everytime I boot my computer?...: Title sais it all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-my-default-browser-firefox-from/a12ad735-aa69-4610-a2af-1dccc0126518
  5. How to stop my default browser Firefox from opening msn.com everytime I boot my computer?...

How to stop my default browser Firefox from opening msn.com everytime I boot my computer?...: Title sais it all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-my-default-browser-firefox-from/a12ad735-aa69-4610-a2af-1dccc0126518
  6. How is it possible to stop Bing from opening when I start my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How is it possible to stop Bing from opening when I start my computer?: Hello,How is it possible to stop Bing from starting and opening a window every time I start my computer please?Some people talk about Task Manager or the startup folder, but Bing is absent from there. Thanks,...
  7. How is it possible to stop Bing from opening when I start my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is it possible to stop Bing from opening when I start my computer?: Hello,How is it possible to stop Bing from starting and opening a window every time I start my computer please?Some people talk about Task Manager or the startup folder, but Bing is absent from there. Thanks,...
  8. How is it possible to stop Bing from opening when I start my computer?

9. Search defaults to Bing Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Search defaults to Bing Browser: V 1909 OS Build 18363.752 Sorry if this has been answered- here goes from new Win 10 install: I type in the search box and the default browser is Bing, I've tried a lot of the 'solutions' to try and change the default to Chrome. This is what I've done: 1) Changed default...
  10. Bing as my default browser

in Cortana
    Bing as my default browser: I am a Google Chrome user but my laptop starts up slowly and Windows pictures with questions always come up, using Bing. I dont want this added step every time I turn on my laptop, How do I go just to my files right away and bypass this Bing stuff?...