Windows 10: How can I stop CCleaner from skipping cleaning files in Edge?

Discus and support How can I stop CCleaner from skipping cleaning files in Edge? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All, How can I stop CCleaner from skipping cleaning files in Edge? Is there a setting in Edge that's stopping CCleaner from cleaning the files?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cornishman, Oct 7, 2015.

1. How can I stop CCleaner from skipping cleaning files in Edge?

Hi All,
    How can I stop CCleaner from skipping cleaning files in Edge?
    Is there a setting in Edge that's stopping CCleaner from cleaning the files?

How can I stop CCleaner from skipping cleaning files in Edge? [​IMG]

:)

Cornishman, Oct 7, 2015
  2. gaerisch Win User

Internet Explorer

If Microsoft Edge is the new browser, how come when I run my CCleaner program there are always files left over from Internet Explorer that don't get "cleaned" or removed in the temporary internet folder? Or is some of Internet Explorer still used by Microsoft
    Edge. For that matter some of the files in Microsoft Edge are skipped by CCleaner, I'm wondering why. Does Edge run in the background because of its link with Cortana? I'm just curious as to why some files are always left over by CCleaner. In Windows 7 when
    I ran CCleaner nothing was left over. The temporary internet folder was completely emptied, not so in Windows 10. If I check when deleting the browsing history there are no files in the temporary internet folder. But CCleaner always has some left. I'm just
    not sure why, and I like to know if its an issue or that's just the way it works.

gaerisch, Oct 7, 2015
  3. damo_uk24 Win User
    Edge not working...

Just deleted my history, and it came up with 'Some data couldn't be cleaned. Please try again.' So, I tried to clean it by using CCleaner and that has come back with:

'Microsoft Edge Internet Cache cleaning was skipped.'

'Microsoft Edge Internet History cleaning was skipped.'

'Microsoft Edge Cookies cleaning was skipped.'

'Microsoft Edge Download History cleaning was skipped.'

'Microsoft Edge Session cleaning was skipped.'

'Firefox Internet Cache cleaning was skipped.'

'Firefox Internet History cleaning was skipped.'

Firefox Download History cleaning was skipped.'

I don't know why this is happening.

damo_uk24, Oct 7, 2015
  4. hifly Win User

When in the main CCleaner window, press the "Cleaner" tab and then choose "Applications" from there, make sure that Edge Internet Cache, Internet History and Cookies are checked. Then press "Run Cleaner".

hifly, Oct 7, 2015
  5. They are all checked, but CCleaner still skips them.

Cornishman, Oct 8, 2015
  6. You need to close dllhost.exe prior to cleaning, try to use a bat file like this:

@echo off
    taskkill /f /im dllhost.exe
    start "" "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /AUTO

TairikuOkami, Oct 8, 2015
  7. Thanks, but I think that I've just found an easier way to sort it.
    I opened CCleaner, then opened "Options" then "Monitoring" then unticked the "Enable browser monitoring" box.
    Now it works!

Thanks!!!

Cornishman, Oct 8, 2015
  8. How can I stop CCleaner from skipping cleaning files in Edge?

Ah, you have the Pro version. *Smile

9. Yes, sorry, I forgot to mention that!

Cornishman, Oct 8, 2015
  10. Actually I should thank you, I always wanted to make a script like that, but I was just too lazy to do it. *Biggrin

11. NHDennis Win User
    I have the same issue.
    Responses I have seen so far only bypass the cleaning process not re-activate the cleaning process.

My issues stems from having opted to skip cleaning for Edge but I now wish to re-activate the cleaning process that I opted to skip.

NHDennis, Jul 20, 2016
  12. Vinney Win User
    Easiest way is open Ccleaner: click Options / Advanced / click Restore Default Settings / Yes / click Cleaner / Run Cleaner / check Do not show me this message again. / Okay. If another window pops up again: check Do not show me this message again. / Okay or Yes. And Run Cleaner a 2nd time to make sure.

Vinney, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I stop CCleaner from skipping cleaning files in Edge? - Similar Threads - stop CCleaner skipping

2. CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff: From one of my disks I've tried to download stuff it comes up with error saying "You don't have perms to download/save to this file" Its not exactly what it says but yeah. Ever since I downloaded it. It had stopped me downloading stuff....
  3. CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff: From one of my disks I've tried to download stuff it comes up with error saying "You don't have perms to download/save to this file" Its not exactly what it says but yeah. Ever since I downloaded it. It had stopped me downloading stuff....
  4. Cleaned files with CCleaner. Should I have done it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cleaned files with CCleaner. Should I have done it?: I cleaned my PC with CCleaner but later read on the internet that it can cause more harm instead. Could I have done any damage to my PC? Should I have done it? Just wanted to clean my PC... submitted by /u/CHiA-ZS [link] [comments]...
  5. How Can I Stop Microsoft Edge from Updating

in Browsers and Email
    How Can I Stop Microsoft Edge from Updating: I updated my computer to windows 10 20H2, see the new chromium edge browser, and it looks alright, but im sticking with firefox until I absolutely need to use edge for whatever reason. Thing is: its update behavior of course resembles google chrome, and I never managed to get...
  6. Which files are safe to clean on CCleaner program?

Which files are safe to clean on CCleaner program?: My OS and passwords to sites I am logged into are my main concerns of messing up cause I have a lot of different passwords. I try to keep them all saved on a flash drive but, always manage to need one I can no longer find LOL! Thanks! *Smile 162051
  7. Stop CCleaner from touching the Recycle Bin

Stop CCleaner from touching the Recycle Bin: Heya! Is there any way for me to stop CCleaner from deleting Recycle Bin contents. I mean to stop it from doing that at all, so it will not do that even after content inside is over 24 hours old... 159555
  8. MS Edge Chromium and CCleaner

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Chromium and CCleaner: Not recognized, tried adding Custom Location in ini file but didn't work, anyone have it working? 147377
  9. How can I stop the volume from skipping numbers by 10 when turning down?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I stop the volume from skipping numbers by 10 when turning down?: Hello - maybe someone can help. When I turn the volume down in Windows 10, say from level 60 down to 40, I should only have to tap the volume button 10 times (since it counts down by 2s). However, after I tap it about six or so times, it automatically starts reducing in...
  10. Cleaning windows files with CCleaner

Cleaning windows files with CCleaner: I need suggestion about cleaning windows files with CCleaner, what files can i remove safely without damaging my OS. And which one should i checklist from menu. I am adding some screenshots. [img] [img] 80098

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ccleaner skips microsoft edge

2. microsoft edge session ccleaner

3. ccleaner skipped

4. ccleaner skips edge,
  5. ccleaner skipping files,
  6. why does ccleaner skip microsoft edge,
  7. ccleaner microsoft edge skipped,
  8. ccleaner microsoft edge session,
  9. ccleaner wont clean edge,
  10. ccleaner microsoft edge,
  11. why does ccleaner skip edge,