Windows 10: How Can I Stop Display Settings from Changing When Unplugging Laptop?

Discus and support How Can I Stop Display Settings from Changing When Unplugging Laptop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have been experiencing an issue where my laptop's display settings change whenever I unplug it and switch to battery power. Specifically,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by fullmoon119, Oct 30, 2020.

1. How Can I Stop Display Settings from Changing When Unplugging Laptop?

Hello,

I have been experiencing an issue where my laptop's display settings change whenever I unplug it and switch to battery power.

Specifically, unplugging the laptop reduces the display's refresh rate.

The normal setting for the refresh rate is 60hz

How Can I Stop Display Settings from Changing When Unplugging Laptop? ce884294-c014-4375-885b-a10059a6a165?upload=true.png

Unplugging automatically sets the rate to 40hz.

How Can I Stop Display Settings from Changing When Unplugging Laptop? 8531d8fe-0e58-47d5-bfdf-d685d73eee8b?upload=true.png

I can still set it back to 60 after it automatically drops, but it's tedious to do so every time I unplug my laptop.

I'm not sure if this is some bug, or a feature for power saving. However, I'd rather keep it at 60hz for smoothness. Is there a setting to stop this?

Please let me know if more info is needed.

Thanks!

:)

fullmoon119, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 30, 2020
  4. How Can I Stop Display Settings from Changing When Unplugging Laptop?

Display settings changed

Hi,

We would like to know more information regarding your display settings issue. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • How are you trying to extend the display?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

How Can I Stop Display Settings from Changing When Unplugging Laptop?

1. How Can I Stop Display Settings from Changing When Unplugging Laptop? - Similar Threads - Stop Display Settings

2. when changing setting in laptop asking for domain power how can i change to stop asking for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when changing setting in laptop asking for domain power how can i change to stop asking for...: when changing setting in laptop asking for domain power how can i change to stop asking for domain password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-changing-setting-in-laptop-asking-for-domain/2a099a23-9fd4-408a-87ad-3d9f5cc66793
  3. when changing setting in laptop asking for domain power how can i change to stop asking for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when changing setting in laptop asking for domain power how can i change to stop asking for...: when changing setting in laptop asking for domain power how can i change to stop asking for domain password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-changing-setting-in-laptop-asking-for-domain/2a099a23-9fd4-408a-87ad-3d9f5cc66793
  4. Can I change display contrast settings for internal laptop display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change display contrast settings for internal laptop display: Hi,So, i just bought a new computer and reinstalled it with Windows 11. While I'm not sure what the conditions were with windows 10, after setting it up, I noticed that websites especially searches are really washed out, and that the contrast is off. Is there any way I can...
  5. Can I change display contrast settings for internal laptop display

Can I change display contrast settings for internal laptop display: Hi,So, i just bought a new computer and reinstalled it with Windows 11. While I'm not sure what the conditions were with windows 10, after setting it up, I noticed that websites especially searches are really washed out, and that the contrast is off. Is there any way I can...
  6. How can I change the display settings back to original settings?

How can I change the display settings back to original settings?: Somehow I have totally messed up my display settings and want to reset them to the original display settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-display-settings-back-to/99b172a7-8987-4e5f-8700-df454224e8c6
  7. How can I change the display settings back to original settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change the display settings back to original settings?: Somehow I have totally messed up my display settings and want to reset them to the original display settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-display-settings-back-to/99b172a7-8987-4e5f-8700-df454224e8c6
  8. How to stop refresh rate change when I unplug my laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop refresh rate change when I unplug my laptop?: Hi everyone. So I have an Asus ROG Zephyrus M15 with a 240hz display, and I can't seem to figure out how to stop the refresh rate from dropping to 60hz when I unplug the charger from the laptop. It's a little annoying having to put the display back to 240hz EVERY time I...
  9. Windows 10: Display settings change everytime I unplug my laptop from my monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Display settings change everytime I unplug my laptop from my monitor: I have windows 10 on my computer, and I have both a laptop and a monitor at my desk. When I have the laptop connected to the monitor, I want the display in "Extend Screens" mode. It used to automatically go to "extend screens" mode whenever I plugged into the monitor, but for...
  10. Stop windows from changing my display settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Stop windows from changing my display settings: I am using Portraits Inc HP My Display to set my brightness, contrast , and color ( warm or cool) as recommended by HP Support . The computer is HP Envy Recline 23-k011. However the settings do not always hold after a shutdown and reboot . It reverts back to 100% brightness...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Stop Display Settings from Changing When Unplugging