Windows 10: How can I stop Feature updates in System 10?

Discus and support How can I stop Feature updates in System 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I block feature updates in System 10? Under Settings/Advanced Options/ I have selected Choose when updates are 365installed/current branch/365... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Moleson, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Moleson Win User

How can I stop Feature updates in System 10?

How can I block feature updates in System 10? Under Settings/Advanced Options/ I have selected Choose when updates are 365installed/current branch/365 days. But I get repeated update notifications that cannot be overridden. There must be a simple way to avoid this, but everything I've tried fails! Recommendations most welcome! Moleson

:)

Moleson, Dec 5, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

My system refuses to update Windows 10 to version1709

Hello,

Thank you for the update. At this point, we suggest that you perform Repair Upgrade Using the Windows 10 ISO file by following the steps on this link. This will help us to clean up the system which can resolve the issues.

Regarding with your other concern, here are the steps on how to temporarily disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates:

• Go to Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services
    • Scroll down to Windows Update in the resulting list
    • Double click the Windows Update Entry
    • In the resulting dialog, if the service is started, click 'Stop'
    • Set Startup Type to Disabled

Please Note: if you disable Windows 10 Updates, your system will be at risk from attack

• Windows Defender will not be updated
    • Operating System patches will not be applied
    • You will not be able to use the Windows Store
    • Windows Apps will not update and possibly fail

Any update from you is highly appreciated.

Dyan Rey, Dec 5, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Dec 5, 2019
  4. How can I stop Feature updates in System 10?

Windows Feature Update 1903

Hi Sara209

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. The steps which you have undertaken to block updates won't work for any feature update. Feature updates need to be blocked temporarily by using different steps.

But, I will suggest that you should not try to stop 1903 feature update. Let it happen.

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help.

Vijay_Verma, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

How can I stop Feature updates in System 10?

1. How can I stop Feature updates in System 10? - Similar Threads - stop Feature updates

2. How can I stop auto updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop auto updates: Stop my computer from automatically updating when I don't explicitly say yes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-auto-updates/d7941bb2-6382-4c15-800f-a1b165c42bcc
  3. How can I stop this update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop this update: KB5028185 was install on 7/18/2023 .IT keeps trying to install again fails each time with error ox 800 700 20. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-this-update/660ce9b1-9ca2-4227-84c4-d6e27c23548f
  4. How can I stop this update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop this update: KB5028185 was install on 7/18/2023 .IT keeps trying to install again fails each time with error ox 800 700 20. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-this-update/660ce9b1-9ca2-4227-84c4-d6e27c23548f
  5. How can I stop Windows from downloading, installing and uninstalling Feature update to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop Windows from downloading, installing and uninstalling Feature update to...: It's been almost twenty times that this Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2 has failed.My laptop does not exist to serve Windows Update. I want to uninstall Windows Update from my computer. It's a crappy Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2....
  6. How can I stop Windows from downloading, installing and uninstalling Feature update to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop Windows from downloading, installing and uninstalling Feature update to...: It's been almost twenty times that this Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2 has failed.My laptop does not exist to serve Windows Update. I want to uninstall Windows Update from my computer. It's a crappy Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2....
  7. How can I stop Windows from downloading, installing and uninstalling Feature update to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How can I stop windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I stop windows 10 update?: How can I stop windows 10 update? Windows
  9. How can i stop the updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i stop the updates?: im on version 1803 of windows 10,and it wants me to update to a newer version. i did update it on another laptop. and it ruined it for me. so in trying to stop the update. i disabled the windows update in "services". but whenever i pick on my power icon on the start menu. i...
  10. how can i stop the windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how can i stop the windows 10 updates: how can i stop the windows 10 updates. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-can-i-stop-the-windows-10-updates/f124a406-d966-4c4b-93b1-0717e15bf7f1