Windows 10: How can I stop having to sign in with a password?

Discus and support How can I stop having to sign in with a password? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I don't want to sign in with a password. How do I get rid of that requirement?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by 19381959, Jan 9, 2019.

1. 19381959 Win User

How can I stop having to sign in with a password?

I don't want to sign in with a password. How do I get rid of that requirement?

:)

19381959, Jan 9, 2019

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 9, 2019
  4. How can I stop having to sign in with a password?

Windows 10 upgrade immediate issues with desktop Sign-in password

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response. Try these steps:

• Try disconnecting the cable from the Internet:
      • If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.
      • If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.
      • If sign-in is successful, let us know in the comments!
      • Also, we can then change to a local account, restart, and re-connect to the MSA.
      • If this works, please let us know!
    2. Try sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the
    https://account.microsoft.com
    page.

• If the sign-in is unsuccessful, stop and handle it like any other password issue.
    • If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, continue to the next step.
    3. Try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.
    4. If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Thank you

Ravinath P, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

How can I stop having to sign in with a password?

1. How can I stop having to sign in with a password? - Similar Threads - stop having sign

2. How can i know my sign-in password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i know my sign-in password?: I usually signed in with my pin number of local account or microsoft account. I didn't save my password. I tried to reset password, but it was rejected because i didn't write down enough information. i haven't used this microsoft account for sending emails or buying for any...
  3. How can i know my sign-in password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i know my sign-in password?: I usually signed in with my pin number of local account or microsoft account. I didn't save my password. I tried to reset password, but it was rejected because i didn't write down enough information. i haven't used this microsoft account for sending emails or buying for any...
  4. How can I sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I sign in: I cant sign in. I cant pass the screen before the sign in page. I cant do anything on the PC. I have this PC for 2 years now and dont have problem at all. I dont even need to do troubleshooting for update but now I cant sign in. This PC got borrowed by my niece and now the...
  5. How can I sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I sign in: I cant sign in. I cant pass the screen before the sign in page. I cant do anything on the PC. I have this PC for 2 years now and dont have problem at all. I dont even need to do troubleshooting for update but now I cant sign in. This PC got borrowed by my niece and now the...
  6. How can I sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How can I remove the password/pin for when I sign in?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I remove the password/pin for when I sign in?: BEFORE YOU TYPE AWAY SAYING "netplwiz" NO! I already tried "netplwiz" but that box I need to check doesn't show up! [IMG]Is there any alternatives or way to get the box to show up?...
  8. how can i remove my password for signing in ?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how can i remove my password for signing in ?: how would I be able to remove the password for my dad when he logs in. Every time I turn on the computer I have to put my password I tried to see if I can unlock it but I cant please help if u have any answers. the computer is a Hp Intel Celeron n4000 windows 10...
  9. how to stop having to sign in to the computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to stop having to sign in to the computer: how to stop having to sign in to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-stop-having-to-sign-in-to-the-computer/7f7a5843-d432-47a3-970a-d784743ada83
  10. How Can I Have No-Password-Required Login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Can I Have No-Password-Required Login: Thought it would be simple to find something like "do not require a password for log in". But I cant. Looked in settings under....lockscreen. Right now when I first start, I get my windows 'picture', and it says my password was incorrect, try again, even though it just came...