Windows 10: how can i stop MsMpEng and SmartByteNetworkService from using so much memory

Discus and support how can i stop MsMpEng and SmartByteNetworkService from using so much memory in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my memory is 60% while idle and it is slowing down my pc, mostly msmpeng, but i also dont want to disable windows defender entirely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Creep, May 13, 2021.

1. Creep Win User

how can i stop MsMpEng and SmartByteNetworkService from using so much memory

my memory is 60% while idle and it is slowing down my pc, mostly msmpeng, but i also dont want to disable windows defender entirely

:)

Creep, May 13, 2021

2. MsMpEng using 19 gigabytes of memory

I was programming today when I checked task manager and noticed that MsMpEng was using 19 GIGABYTES of memory

Screenshot

This seems like a memory leak.

I have realtime protection and automatic updating turned off

Explain this, nerds.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy

WindowsFan_434, May 13, 2021
  3. MsMpEng using 19 gigabytes of memory

Hi,

We acknowledge that you're having issues with MsMpEng.exe using too much memory. This is normally caused by some process conflicting with Windows Defender's real-time protection which is due to a third-party antivirus program.

We suggest checking the post of GreginMich from this
    thread
    to read through the explanation and steps that can possibly resolve your concern.

Let us know if there are other concerns.

Jomel_Santos, May 13, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 13, 2021
Thema:

1. how can i stop MsMpEng and SmartByteNetworkService from using so much memory - Similar Threads - stop MsMpEng SmartByteNetworkService

2. Why am I using so much memory while doing nothing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I using so much memory while doing nothing?: I've noticed recently that I'm using way more memory than normal while just having my browser open! With Firefox open it says its using about 90% of memory, and when I close the browser to have nothing open it goes down to only 82%. I have 8 Gigs of memory and it says its...
  3. Why am I using so much memory while doing nothing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I using so much memory while doing nothing?: I've noticed recently that I'm using way more memory than normal while just having my browser open! With Firefox open it says its using about 90% of memory, and when I close the browser to have nothing open it goes down to only 82%. I have 8 Gigs of memory and it says its...
  4. How do I stop vmmem from using too much memory when wsl is not installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop vmmem from using too much memory when wsl is not installed?: So my computer has been experiencing massive slowdowns recently, and I decided to try to diagnose the issue. For whatever reason, my programs using a normal amount of memory they used to were showing as using the majority of it now. I dug deeper and found that vmmem is using...
  5. How do I stop vmmem from using too much memory when wsl is not installed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop vmmem from using too much memory when wsl is not installed?: So my computer has been experiencing massive slowdowns recently, and I decided to try to diagnose the issue. For whatever reason, my programs using a normal amount of memory they used to were showing as using the majority of it now. I dug deeper and found that vmmem is using...
  6. How do I stop vmmem from using too much memory when wsl is not installed?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How do I stop Antimalware Service Executable , "MsMpEng.exe" from using to much memory.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I stop Antimalware Service Executable , "MsMpEng.exe" from using to much memory.: Dear Microsoft, This post is a question and also could be a discussion because i am not to confident that this can be fixed however I decided to put it under "Post a Question" in the hopes i can get an answer. Or..... Can you please stop the Windows10 built in virus and...
  8. MsMpEng and MsSense using too much RAM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MsMpEng and MsSense using too much RAM: Basically 4Gb of RAM is being used and i have no applications open and can only think that is the Windows Defender services. I have tried changing the Windows Security setting sbut have Real-Time protection greyed out. This is my personal computer I am an administrator but I...
  9. Why is my pc using so much memory?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my pc using so much memory?: The memory usage My pc is using too much memory and I don't know how I could make it stop from using so much, I've tried 2 methods and both worked but only for a few days. Now im asking reddit for help because I've heard there are some really pc smart people here. I...
  10. How can I stop my PC from crashing so much?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I stop my PC from crashing so much?: Ever since I got and downloaded Windows 10 my PC likes to crash several times while using it. I did finally geet it to speed up. But, now I have this issue.Can someone PLEASE help me solve it?? Thanks....