Windows 10: How can I stop MsMpEng.exe from consuming my computer resources once and for all?

Discus and support How can I stop MsMpEng.exe from consuming my computer resources once and for all? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was trying to get permission from Trustedinstaller but, in retaliation, I passed the permissions to the SYSTEM entity, but looks like I can't log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pedro Henrique Pinto de, Sep 21, 2020.

1. How can I stop MsMpEng.exe from consuming my computer resources once and for all?

I was trying to get permission from Trustedinstaller but, in retaliation, I passed the permissions to the SYSTEM entity, but looks like I can't log into it as quoted inthis topic. Now, what should I do? Thanks in advance.

:)

Pedro Henrique Pinto de, Sep 21, 2020
  2. pz2k Win User

Put processes that consume a lot of resource on the top of the list in Task Mananger

A main use of Task Manager is to find which program is consuming resources. Now we need to sort by CPU/sort by Disk/sort By network to find the problem. Its better if list all the huge resource consuming programs at the top of the list what ever the resource
    is so we don't need to sort in most cases.

3. Antimalware service excutable consuming ram and cpu

Hello,

We would like to know more about this concern, please provide the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Antimalware Service Executable is the name of the process MsMpEng (MsMpEng.exe) used by the Windows Defender program. The service associated with this program is the Windows Defender Service. For possible troubleshooting steps, you can check GreginMich's
    post through this link.

Looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Rihards Win User

How can I stop MsMpEng.exe from consuming my computer resources once and for all?

MsMpEng extreme and almost constant disk usage after Windows update (aprox.2016-08-03)

MsMpEng and System constantly (mostly) reads disk at high rate. The problem has started couple of days ago. The only thing that was installed during that time was windows update (ok and Adobe and Steam updates).

After some time the disk activity will stop, however it will resume sometime latter.
    And no, I had not installed any third party security applications.

In resource monitor it can be seen that Diks activity is 2-8 mb/sec and process name is either System or MsMpEng .

Sometimes there are significant pagefile usage (computer has 4gb) and nothing is currently running (like now I am running only Internet Explorer with this Microsoft page and my Windows are using pagefile like there is no tomorow) . When pagefile usage creeps
    up then all kinds of processes are using the pagefile. However resource monitor memory tab shows bigest process beeing MsMpEng with 644kb (note again it should not cause 4gb system to run out of memory). Right now system is writing 2mb/sec (read 0.4kb/sec) to
    pagefile and MsMpEng is reading 2mb/sec from pagefile.

And no, running said Windows defender does not show up any viruses.

Basicaly - this is rant about apparently bugy latest Windows update.

Rihards, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

How can I stop MsMpEng.exe from consuming my computer resources once and for all?

1. How can I stop MsMpEng.exe from consuming my computer resources once and for all? - Similar Threads - stop MsMpEng exe

2. How do I stop my computer from crashing all the time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop my computer from crashing all the time?: I just built a pc and I keep getting blue screen errors. The most prominent are memory management and watchdog violation and they happen very frequently. I've done various scans and trouble shooters but anytime they've identified something wrong and fixed it, the issue still...
  3. How do I stop my computer from crashing all the time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop my computer from crashing all the time?: I just built a pc and I keep getting blue screen errors. The most prominent are memory management and watchdog violation and they happen very frequently. I've done various scans and trouble shooters but anytime they've identified something wrong and fixed it, the issue still...
  4. How can I fix BSOD problem once and for all??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I fix BSOD problem once and for all??: I have my computer for around 2 years and I randomly get BSOD. When I got my computer I installed the windows and even before opening any folder and chrome or was able to get drivers I got plenty of BSOD and preinstalled it couple ot times - it didn't helpThis is my...
  5. How can I fix BSOD problem once and for all??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix BSOD problem once and for all??: I have my computer for around 2 years and I randomly get BSOD. When I got my computer I installed the windows and even before opening any folder and chrome or was able to get drivers I got plenty of BSOD and preinstalled it couple ot times - it didn't helpThis is my...
  6. How can I fix BSOD problem once and for all??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. MsMpEng.exe consumes a lot of resources

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MsMpEng.exe consumes a lot of resources: Hi guys ive had it with this defender MpMsENG.exe . its a very frustrating exe to deal with . Ive done several things with it , as per this group suggestions , and the solutions are all temporary at best as inevitably thus stupid file returns and starts messing the CPU usage...
  8. How do I Stop Windows Defender from Consuming Resources when using a Backup Program?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I Stop Windows Defender from Consuming Resources when using a Backup Program?: I am sick to death of my machine that has a fast SSD have all its resources gobbled up by Windows Defender each time I turn my machine on. My hypothesis is thus: When I turn my PC on my backup programs does a quick look of all the thousands of files it is designated to keep...
  9. How do i stop Windows 10 from consuming my data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i stop Windows 10 from consuming my data?: Please how do I stop Windows 10 from wrecking me financially. I've tried everything I know to stop the Update. I recently created a past question and answers website where students can download past questions in PDF such as WAEC, NECO, JAMB and Post UTME, and School of...
  10. how can i stop MsMpEng and SmartByteNetworkService from using so much memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how can i stop MsMpEng and SmartByteNetworkService from using so much memory: my memory is 60% while idle and it is slowing down my pc, mostly msmpeng, but i also dont want to disable windows defender entirely https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-msmpeng-and-smartbytenetworkservice/49c419c3-787e-4d1e-bcb2-98a414738030