Windows 10: How can I stop my games from getting random lag spikes?

Discus and support How can I stop my games from getting random lag spikes? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I never used to get any lag when I used to play until I was gone for a vacation and came back to it getting random lag spikes. I also am connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Justin Nemri, Dec 11, 2023.

1. How can I stop my games from getting random lag spikes?

I never used to get any lag when I used to play until I was gone for a vacation and came back to it getting random lag spikes. I also am connected through ethernet and have about 500 Mbps download and upload speeds.

:)

Justin Nemri, Dec 11, 2023
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Dec 11, 2023
  3. Lag Spikes

So, I have had this computer for a month now and every game I have played I will get random lag spikes which in any game will often cause me to lose in the games I play. I play on a wireless internet and I can't have used ethernet and it has helped a bit
    but I cant always use it. I have good internet too as I use the same internet on my phone and switch and hardly ever experience lag spikes.

itsWolfy ., Dec 11, 2023
  4. Jul_D Win User

How can I stop my games from getting random lag spikes?

Random Mouse Lag Spikes - Windows 10

So recently I have upgraded to Windows 10 and I immediately noticed random/periodic lag spikes in my mouse, especially while playing games. Are there any fixes to this problem or is a fix going to be released in a near update?

Jul_D, Dec 11, 2023
Thema:

How can I stop my games from getting random lag spikes?

1. How can I stop my games from getting random lag spikes? - Similar Threads - stop games getting

2. I get lag spikes super randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get lag spikes super randomly: Every so often I've been getting lag spikes at like a consistent 1-5 FPS. They affect everything except for sound for some reason. The time between them varies greatly, from an hour to a couple of days, and they last for around 20 seconds.Specs:TUF Gaming B550-Plus Wi-fi 232...
  3. I get lag spikes super randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get lag spikes super randomly: Every so often I've been getting lag spikes at like a consistent 1-5 FPS. They affect everything except for sound for some reason. The time between them varies greatly, from an hour to a couple of days, and they last for around 20 seconds.Specs:TUF Gaming B550-Plus Wi-fi 232...
  4. How can I stop my games from getting random lag spikes?

How can I stop my games from getting random lag spikes?: I never used to get any lag when I used to play until I was gone for a vacation and came back to it getting random lag spikes. I also am connected through ethernet and have about 500 Mbps download and upload speeds....
  5. Random Lag Spikes during Online Meetings and Gaming

Random Lag Spikes during Online Meetings and Gaming: Hello, I have been facing an issue for the past month or so where random lag spikes come out of no where. When gaming, I notice my ping randomly shooting up to 80+ frequently and then settling back down to 10-20. When in meetings for a longer period of time, my voice will cut...
  6. How to stop charger from randomly lagging gaming laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop charger from randomly lagging gaming laptop?: Hello. Basically, today I ran into a problem with my pc where I was just playing a random game, and suddenly I had a huge fps drop. This wasn’t just the game, it was my whole pc. I waited for a bit because it had happened before very occasionally but to no avail, I took the...
  7. How to stop charger from randomly lagging gaming laptop?

How to stop charger from randomly lagging gaming laptop?: Hello. Basically, today I ran into a problem with my pc where I was just playing a random game, and suddenly I had a huge fps drop. This wasn’t just the game, it was my whole pc. I waited for a bit because it had happened before very occasionally but to no avail, I took the...
  8. Keep Getting Lag Spikes In All Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep Getting Lag Spikes In All Games: Okay, so I know that this is my computer's problem, not the games since I keep getting terrible lag spikes in Valorant, Apex, Lost Ark, etc. It depends on the game on how frequent and how bad these lag spikes are. For example, Valorant lag spikes aren't as frequent or as bad...
  9. Keep Getting Lag Spikes In All Games

Keep Getting Lag Spikes In All Games: Okay, so I know that this is my computer's problem, not the games since I keep getting terrible lag spikes in Valorant, Apex, Lost Ark, etc. It depends on the game on how frequent and how bad these lag spikes are. For example, Valorant lag spikes aren't as frequent or as bad...
  10. Getting constant lag spikes during gaming and seemingly nothing will stop it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting constant lag spikes during gaming and seemingly nothing will stop it.: This might turn into a rant, I’m not sure, but let’s get into this. Let me first share my specs so you know what type of PC we’re dealing with here: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 GHz RAM: 32 GB System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor...