Windows 10: How can i stop my laptop from updating?

Discus and support How can i stop my laptop from updating? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I already deactivated windows update through services.msc but somehow my laptop wants to update when shutting down. The last time i updated, my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by worrn, Nov 14, 2018.

1. worrn Win User

How can i stop my laptop from updating?

I already deactivated windows update through services.msc but somehow my laptop wants to update when shutting down. The last time i updated, my laptop got literally destroyed. Nothing worked and sound was completely gone and i had to return to a recovery point. It really annoys me and i dont want forced updates anymore.

That's the name of the update this time:

2018-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4467702)

How can i stop it?

:)

worrn, Nov 14, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 14, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How can i stop my laptop from updating? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. How can i stop my laptop from updating? - Similar Threads - stop laptop updating

2. How can I stop my battery from drain also how to stop my laptop from hitting up while the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop my battery from drain also how to stop my laptop from hitting up while the...: I just brought a asus rog zephyrus g16 and I having some problem like when I unplugged the charger and live for the night I use up all the battery and the setting say it on sleep mod but it keep using up all the battery at night so I need help because the laptop still run...
  3. How can I stop my battery from drain also how to stop my laptop from hitting up while the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop my battery from drain also how to stop my laptop from hitting up while the...: I just brought a asus rog zephyrus g16 and I having some problem like when I unplugged the charger and live for the night I use up all the battery and the setting say it on sleep mod but it keep using up all the battery at night so I need help because the laptop still run...
  4. How can I stop this update

How can I stop this update: KB5028185 was install on 7/18/2023 .IT keeps trying to install again fails each time with error ox 800 700 20. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-this-update/660ce9b1-9ca2-4227-84c4-d6e27c23548f
  5. how do i stop my laptop from

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop my laptop from: how do i stop my laptop from downloading to other devices and it wont download to mine this all happens in google play our any thing google https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-my-laptop-from/25dae210-a994-496a-b9c8-ce0118f28276
  6. how do i stop my laptop from

how do i stop my laptop from: how do i stop my laptop from downloading to other devices and it wont download to mine this all happens in google play our any thing google https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-my-laptop-from/25dae210-a994-496a-b9c8-ce0118f28276
  7. How Can I Stop Microsoft Edge from Updating

in Browsers and Email
    How Can I Stop Microsoft Edge from Updating: I updated my computer to windows 10 20H2, see the new chromium edge browser, and it looks alright, but im sticking with firefox until I absolutely need to use edge for whatever reason. Thing is: its update behavior of course resembles google chrome, and I never managed to get...
  8. My bluetooth earbuds will randomly disconnect from my laptop, how can I stop this from...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My bluetooth earbuds will randomly disconnect from my laptop, how can I stop this from...: It's probably not "random", as it usually happens while no sound is being played through them submitted by /u/Macbass24 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fpzp8s/my_bluetooth_earbuds_will_randomly_disconnect/
  9. How can i stop the updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i stop the updates?: im on version 1803 of windows 10,and it wants me to update to a newer version. i did update it on another laptop. and it ruined it for me. so in trying to stop the update. i disabled the windows update in "services". but whenever i pick on my power icon on the start menu. i...
  10. Windows Updates are slowly degrading my laptop, How can I stop the from self-installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates are slowly degrading my laptop, How can I stop the from self-installing: Every time a new update is passed to my laptop I lose speed a functionality, permanently. At first it was an inconvenience but now forced-obsoletion is really taking its toll. I've been able to hold it at bay by disabling auto-updates and then uninstalling the updates...