Windows 10: How can I stop photos on my main laptop being shared with my #2 laptop

Discus and support How can I stop photos on my main laptop being shared with my #2 laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last year I bought the cheapest laptop that I could find to use in case a WU trashed my main laptop. (It was a godsend - how else could I have got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Taffy078, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Taffy078 Win User

How can I stop photos on my main laptop being shared with my #2 laptop

Last year I bought the cheapest laptop that I could find to use in case a WU trashed my main laptop. (It was a godsend - how else could I have got online help when it actually happened.) At that time, I added Office365 to it including OneDrive. Although I don't remember telling OneDrive to share my photos with it, it did.

When Office was due for renewal this month I uninstalled Office365 from my spare - I don't use/need it - & this enabled me to renew at a much lower cost using Office 365 Home Personal, not Premium. For the limited use I have for it, I'm trying Libre and am impressed. I uninstalled/deleted everything I could find that emanated from Office.

I've now decided to buy a better spare laptop although I still won't need Office - I've agreed with a local charity to donate my old laptop to them & have given them a list of providers of mainstream programs that Microsoft and others provide free of charge to charities.

But I have one problem - when I hit the Start button on the #2 laptop, under Play top right the photos are still appearing. I've googled and it seems that I must use this, my main laptop, to change the settings/permissions/sharing etc. Sounds simple but I'm blowed if I can find where/how. I'd appreciate your help please. Thank you.

:)

Taffy078, Jan 20, 2018

2. laptop main monitor stop working with recent update

In my laptop once updated the main monitor stop working how can i fix it? is an hp dv7-6

Francisco JMartin del C, Jan 20, 2018
  3. dnelak Win User
    Homegroup Settings To share files

I have set up a home group for my office. We can share the folders and it is all fine, however, my computer is the main computer and it is a laptop. When I am not at the office, the other users can not access the files. How can I make it so that all
    three computers (two are desktop) share the same information and folders when the laptop is not here.

dnelak, Jan 20, 2018
  4. Barman58 Win User

There are two main options, potentially, assuming you are running Windows 10 to clear the spare for gifting

Option 1
    Use windows built-in reset to set the operating back to an unused state for "resale" Reset Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Option 2
    Most laptops sold by OEM companions do not include an OS install disk but do include a system to reset to factory condition ( as it was when you first recieved it ). Check the system documentation for how to access this - you may need to check on their online support site but is often a case of tapping a key or combination of keys

Both these methods will remove all traces of your use from the laptop and once the spare laptop is reset the main laptop will complain that it cannot share files anymore and you can just accept this. If this does not happen you should be able to log into OneDrive online and remove the laptop from the set of shared devices

Barman58, Jan 20, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I stop photos on my main laptop being shared with my #2 laptop - Similar Threads - stop photos main

2. How do I make my laptop stop setting my 2 monitors to duplicate?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I make my laptop stop setting my 2 monitors to duplicate?: I have a Windows 8 laptop upgraded to Windows 10. I'm using a HDMI extender to connect 2 monitors to the laptop, but it won't let me set them to extend and it won't detect the other monitor either. I've tried 2 different HDMI extenders, and both of them did the same thing....
  3. How do I make my laptop stop setting my 2 monitors to duplicate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make my laptop stop setting my 2 monitors to duplicate?: I have a Windows 8 laptop upgraded to Windows 10. I'm using a HDMI extender to connect 2 monitors to the laptop, but it won't let me set them to extend and it won't detect the other monitor either. I've tried 2 different HDMI extenders, and both of them did the same thing....
  4. How do I make my laptop stop setting my 2 monitors to duplicate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How can I have a separate workspace/desktop for my laptop and main monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I have a separate workspace/desktop for my laptop and main monitor?: I use my laptop as a second monitor and I have a primary monitor. I was wondering how I can make a separate desktop/workspace for my laptop monitor, but also have it not change my main monitor's primary desktop/workspace.Thanksask me any questions if I worded it weird...
  6. How can I have a separate workspace/desktop for my laptop and main monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I have a separate workspace/desktop for my laptop and main monitor?: I use my laptop as a second monitor and I have a primary monitor. I was wondering how I can make a separate desktop/workspace for my laptop monitor, but also have it not change my main monitor's primary desktop/workspace.Thanksask me any questions if I worded it weird...
  7. How to stop Photos Cascading on my Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop Photos Cascading on my Laptop: How can I Stop Photos cascading on my Laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-photos-cascading-on-my-laptop/05838c8f-d127-476a-9eb9-be6ed4707b36
  8. Unable to access shared drive from my main computer from my laptops.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access shared drive from my main computer from my laptops.: Hello, I just recently reformatted my system. A complete wipe and reinstall to start fresh. Recently changed jobs that was BYOD, to a non-BYOD company so I wanted a clean slate on my hardware. Long story short, I have a USB Raid Encloser that handles my backups and...
  9. How can i stop my laptop from updating?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can i stop my laptop from updating?: I already deactivated windows update through services.msc but somehow my laptop wants to update when shutting down. The last time i updated, my laptop got literally destroyed. Nothing worked and sound was completely gone and i had to return to a recovery point. It really...
  10. How can I pair my laptop with the bluetooth that is in the laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I pair my laptop with the bluetooth that is in the laptop?: How can I pair my laptop with the bluetooth that is in the laptop? Despite of having the followings, I can not pair them. Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service Service supporting the audio gateway role of the Bluetooth Handsfree Profile. Automatic (Trigger Start) Local System...