Windows 10: How can I stop programs from opening in full screen?

Discus and support How can I stop programs from opening in full screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; That's right I don't want them to open and take up the whole screen. Things like Windows Settings, Microsoft Store, Photo. Chrome opens the size I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KuruCris, May 27, 2020.

1. KuruCris Win User

How can I stop programs from opening in full screen?

That's right I don't want them to open and take up the whole screen.

Things like Windows Settings, Microsoft Store, Photo.

Chrome opens the size I left it, other programs open the size I left them. Specifically seems to be Microsoft programs that won't, they keep wanting to take up my whole display. It would be nice if they just opened the size they were closed or something.

Why do I want this?
    My monitor is a 5120x1440p resolution. Picture attached for Windows Setting example
    I do photo/video editting, music, with occasional gaming and the monitor has been great and helpful with everything else.

How can I stop programs from opening in full screen? 3385e3b3-bd05-44b0-8e68-a7cafba43dc2?upload=true.jpg

:)

KuruCris, May 27, 2020

2. Stop the open-with-full-screen mode!

Hi Emero,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions,

• Are you referring that applications are not opening in full screen mode?
    • How exactly the full screen is blocking?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • When are you facing this issue, is it at startup of the system or while working on a program?
    Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 27, 2020
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, May 27, 2020
  4. How can I stop programs from opening in full screen?

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 27, 2020
Thema:

How can I stop programs from opening in full screen?

1. How can I stop programs from opening in full screen? - Similar Threads - stop programs opening

2. Stop programs from opening off screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop programs from opening off screen: This is now the year 2023, how hard would it be to make Windows determine the available screen area and make it so programs do NOT open off screen. This is totally ridiculous that this is still happening. I'm not looking for a solution on how to get the programs back on...
  3. Stop programs from opening off screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop programs from opening off screen: This is now the year 2023, how hard would it be to make Windows determine the available screen area and make it so programs do NOT open off screen. This is totally ridiculous that this is still happening. I'm not looking for a solution on how to get the programs back on...
  4. Stop programs from opening off screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Stop Slideshow During Full Screen Program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Slideshow During Full Screen Program: I play a video game and have my desktop background set to slideshow. The desktop background changing can cause lag or other interference in the game and I would like a way to prevent this without needing to go into my personalization settings each time I play my game. Is...
  6. Stop Slideshow During Full Screen Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Slideshow During Full Screen Program: I play a video game and have my desktop background set to slideshow. The desktop background changing can cause lag or other interference in the game and I would like a way to prevent this without needing to go into my personalization settings each time I play my game. Is...
  7. How can I make a program open on the monitor I open it from.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I make a program open on the monitor I open it from.: For example both my monitors have the same taskbar. I want to open chrome on my first monitor then move my cursor to the second monitor and when I click chrome on the second monitor a new chrome instance of chrome opens on the second monitor rather than it opening on the...
  8. How to stop a specific program from opening the browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop a specific program from opening the browser?: I am using GOM player as a media player, I am super comfortable with it that I don't want to ever change it, but it has one annoying feature which is opening their page on chrome after most of my watches (exactly when I close the GOM player window) How can I prevent only GOM...
  9. How to STOP Win10 from opening program in the foreground?

How to STOP Win10 from opening program in the foreground?: I have found posts on how to stop this, but nothing tells me how to make this happen. My last Win10 laptop, when I: right clicked on an image in a folder > open with > graphic software, the image would open in the graphic software, but the Folder Would Stay in the...
  10. How can I get programs to open in the middle of the screen?

How can I get programs to open in the middle of the screen?: Every time I open a program or game, the window always opens in the top left hand corner. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, it's been doing this. Is there a setting to change it to open in the center of the screen?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to stop a program from opening in full screen