Windows 10: How can I stop several instances of several applications

Discus and support How can I stop several instances of several applications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I have several instances of Chrome, Teams and other applications slowing down my laptop. I have like about 15 instances of Chrome,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SueKag, Apr 22, 2020.

1. SueKag Win User

How can I stop several instances of several applications

Hi

I have several instances of Chrome, Teams and other applications slowing down my laptop. I have like about 15 instances of Chrome, RuntimeBroker.exe has 10 instances and others.

1 Are all these necessary at the same time

2 how do I stop them

Thanks

:)

SueKag, Apr 22, 2020

2. can't open new instances of an application from taskbar

I have any program open. I right click the shortcut for it in the taskbar and a list of option comes out. But then when i try to open another instance of the program from that list by clicking on the option with the icon and program name, nothing happens.
    How do I make it so that it opens another instance instead of doing nothing?

sasuke10125, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Show windows side by side has stopped working in W10?

Hi Mary,

For better assistance, verify the following information:

• Were you able to check the response of Vinodh.V posted last August 5, 2015?
    • Did you perform the suggested troubleshooting steps provided on this thread?

If the recommended solutions did not work for you, we suggest creating a new thread since some troubleshooting steps may no longer be applicable to your issue.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I stop several instances of several applications - Similar Threads - stop several instances

2. Sever 2016 Sever manger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sever 2016 Sever manger: I un-installed .NET framework 4.6 and now I can't get Server Manger to launch and I cant't find the installer for .NET framework. When I attempted to install the 4.6 version from Microsoft it would not install because it is already installed and just needs to be turned on....
  3. Sever 2016 Sever manger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sever 2016 Sever manger: I un-installed .NET framework 4.6 and now I can't get Server Manger to launch and I cant't find the installer for .NET framework. When I attempted to install the 4.6 version from Microsoft it would not install because it is already installed and just needs to be turned on....
  4. Several windows applications not working.

in Cortana
    Several windows applications not working.: I've had this problem for about a day and a half now, and it happened out of nowhere: 1: The start key and start button don't do anything 2: I can't search anything with cortana 3: Anything I try to use to open settings does nothing 4: Most windows related programs and...
  5. How can I tell if I have several Microsoft Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I tell if I have several Microsoft Accounts: I cab log in and see my Media-PC. My Desk-top PC does not show on my MS online account which comes up under my name abbreviated as Mike. But If I go to settings your info I see my full name not abbreviated, If I want to make changes there, it asks me If I want to log on...
  6. Several of my applications stopped working from the Start - system menu.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Several of my applications stopped working from the Start - system menu.: When I try to run the magnifier I get the following error; magnify.exe A referral was returned from the server When I try to do the solution I found on your community boards, I get the same error for clicking on Device driver etc. I can not longer manage my own computer...
  7. Weird Font in several applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Font in several applications: Hi guys: When I updated to the previous insider version, the font of several applications became weird like monospaced, and it looks horrible. For example, the new Belize Theme for SAP 760, or the buttons like "Save" or "Cancel" in Office 365, or the Internet Options I...
  8. One font is invisible to several applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    One font is invisible to several applications: I installed a Truetype font in Windows 10 and subsequently rebooted (this font). The font is visible in font settings, and I can use it in WPS Office. However it is not accessible in either Affinity Photo or Inkscape. How can I make the font visible to all my applications?...
  9. Several instances of Sticky Notes (On several desktops)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several instances of Sticky Notes (On several desktops): Dear community, sometimes I am using two desktops in Windows 10. I would to like to have two instances of a program (e.g. Sticky Notes) open at the same time (one on each desktop). While this works for some programs, this does not work for e.g. Sticky Notes. Is there...
  10. several icons stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    several icons stopped working: I bought my PC some months ago, it is new, and everything was OK but now I have an issue with Windows 10 installed on my PC: several icons don’t work, specifically, a start button, search and taskbar icon, the same trouble with Microsoft edge. Report from Reliability Monitor...