Windows 10: how can i stop taskbar icon from moving rapidly back and forth on my laptop???

Discus and support how can i stop taskbar icon from moving rapidly back and forth on my laptop??? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I make my taskbar stay in one place? it keeps moving back and forth. I have mine at the bottom of my Dell laptop. thnx!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bikerden, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Bikerden Win User

how can i stop taskbar icon from moving rapidly back and forth on my laptop???

how do I make my taskbar stay in one place? it keeps moving back and forth. I have mine at the bottom of my Dell laptop. thnx!

:)

Bikerden, Oct 9, 2018

2. System tray icons moving back and forth

Suddenly, on my ASUS all-in-one PC running Windows 10, the icons in the system tray started moving back and forth on their own and I can't find a way to stop it. I have an HP laptop running Windows 10 and it's not happening on it. Can anybody help?

Jerry_Ferguson, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

1. how can i stop taskbar icon from moving rapidly back and forth on my laptop??? - Similar Threads - stop taskbar icon

2. Taskbar icons jump back and forth making clicking on them very difficult. How can I stop them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons jump back and forth making clicking on them very difficult. How can I stop them?: Tak Bar Icons are jumping back and forth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-jump-back-and-forth-making-clicking/e617e1ce-5a69-46a6-8e80-92b6839840ce
  3. Taskbar icons jump back and forth making clicking on them very difficult. How can I stop them?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons jump back and forth making clicking on them very difficult. How can I stop them?: Tak Bar Icons are jumping back and forth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-jump-back-and-forth-making-clicking/e617e1ce-5a69-46a6-8e80-92b6839840ce
  4. Taskbar icons jump back and forth making clicking on them very difficult. How can I stop them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Taskbar moves rapidly from right to left

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar moves rapidly from right to left: The icons on the bottom right hand side of my screen keep moving rapidly back and forth. This just started happening last week. I'm on Windows 10, version 10.0.18363. It's the little up arrow, the network status, sound and battery icons. Not the apps that I pin to the...
  6. icons on the right side of my taskbar keep moving rapidly, how can I stop this from happening?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    icons on the right side of my taskbar keep moving rapidly, how can I stop this from happening?: I am running windows 10 on my dell laptop. the icons on the right side of my taskbar keep moving back and forth, how do I stop that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-the-right-side-of-my-taskbar-keep-moving/491c22c5-316a-4f00-8d8e-2b7848edabcb
  7. How can I stop taskbar toolbar icons from moving around (adding extra spaces/gaps) when I...

How can I stop taskbar toolbar icons from moving around (adding extra spaces/gaps) when I...: Hello, I have an issue where extra spaces, gaps, etc are being added at the end of the icons in a custom taskbar toolbar. When the taskbar is "unlocked" for customizing, the toolbar icons are correctly placed, but as soon as I lock the taskbar again, they shift over to the...
  8. Taskbare icons moving back and forth

Taskbare icons moving back and forth: For the past couple of months, the power icon, wifi icon, volume icon and the arrow up for the hidden icons keep moving back and forth constantly making it frustrating to click on any of them. At first it seemed as this happened for a few minutes at start up, but now it is...
  9. My taskbar icon is moving rapidly on my laptop

My taskbar icon is moving rapidly on my laptop: My taskbar is moving rapidly back and forth. How can I stop it from moving? I use Dell laptop. Thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-icon-is-moving-rapidly-on-my-laptop/77d5f7f3-159a-4f00-baee-73b31d32b8ba
  10. How to move app icon from taskbar to tray

How to move app icon from taskbar to tray: Hi, I'm looking for some way to move icon of any app currently working from the taskbar to tray, like for example Skype (with the new version from Windows Store that feature has been removed) or some other programs that just run in the background doing their thing and I don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar icons moving back and forth

2. why is the system tray jerking back and forth on my laptop and how do i fix it?

3. windows 10 how to prevent taskbar icons rearrange

4. icons on my taskbar are moving,
  5. why do some icons continuously move in the task bar,
  6. how to stop task bar from moving,
  7. task bar just jerking pc,
  8. right taskbar icons move back and forth,
  9. how to stop the task bar from moving,
  10. wifi and battery icon on taskbar keeps jumping,
  11. WHY ARE ICONS ON MY TASKBAR SLIDING BACK AND FORTH,
  12. system tray icons moving back and forth in windows 10,
  13. battery indicator is moving back and forth constantly,
  14. taskbar quicklinks moving constantly fix,