Windows 10: How can I stop taskbar toolbar icons from moving around (adding extra spaces/gaps) when I...

Discus and support How can I stop taskbar toolbar icons from moving around (adding extra spaces/gaps) when I... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have an issue where extra spaces, gaps, etc are being added at the end of the icons in a custom taskbar toolbar. When the taskbar is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vlad1mir, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Vlad1mir Win User

How can I stop taskbar toolbar icons from moving around (adding extra spaces/gaps) when I...

Hello,

I have an issue where extra spaces, gaps, etc are being added at the end of the icons in a custom taskbar toolbar.

When the taskbar is "unlocked" for customizing, the toolbar icons are correctly placed, but as soon as I lock the taskbar again, they shift over to the left and a large gap is added after the icons.

The result is a large space between the toolbar and the tray icons which not only look visually displeasing but takes up space from pinned programs to the left.

Here is a screenshot I found from someone else who has the exact same issue. They never got a solution to the problem.

How can I stop taskbar toolbar icons from moving around (adding extra spaces/gaps) when I... 924345e7-29af-45e5-88ad-cd32d23ae94d?upload=true.jpg

This is pretty much exactly what I am experiencing as well.

I am aware that the dividers will sometimes take up a bit of space and that icons will shift a tiny bit because the dividers go away once "locked", however this is obviously too much space to account for that effect.

Also, I thought maybe inside of the "toolbar" folder where my icons are located that there might be hidden system folders taking up the space, but that was not the case either.

I am using the latest version of Windows 10 (1903).

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

Vlad1mir, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Tetsu Win User

Big gap on taskbar icons

Hello.

After installing a software (Splashtop), the gap between the icons on taskbar became big. If I uninstall the software, everything goes back to normal. Is there a way to customize the gap/space between the icons?

Here is a picture of what I'm talking about.

How can I stop taskbar toolbar icons from moving around (adding extra spaces/gaps) when I... x1yohg.jpg

At the top is when the software is installed, at the bottom is when I uninstall it. I want to note that when I installed it for the first time, the "Show touch keyboard button" got automatically enabled.

Tetsu, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    How do I move the taskbar icons back to the left?

Hi,

Kindly follow these steps to return the icons on the left side of the Taskbar:

• Right click on the empty Taskbar and uncheck Lock all taskbars.
    • Right click again on empty Taskbar and hover the mouse on Toolbar.
    • Click New folder.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Oct 22, 2019
  4. How can I stop taskbar toolbar icons from moving around (adding extra spaces/gaps) when I...

Gap in Taskbar?

I have exactly the same issue. Win 10 home 64bit. using the stock theme

How can I stop taskbar toolbar icons from moving around (adding extra spaces/gaps) when I... [​IMG]

I have no idea how to fix what causes it but I managed to figure out that its an un-named toolbar. if you right click on your taskbar and go to toolbars you will see a blank line under desktop as per this photo.

How can I stop taskbar toolbar icons from moving around (adding extra spaces/gaps) when I... [​IMG]

click this blank line and the gap will disappear. it will come back again at some point, I don't know how or why but this is easier than a reinstall.

Hope this helps and someone more knowledgeable than me can find a root cause for it.

eddkawasaki, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

How can I stop taskbar toolbar icons from moving around (adding extra spaces/gaps) when I...

1. How can I stop taskbar toolbar icons from moving around (adding extra spaces/gaps) when I... - Similar Threads - stop taskbar toolbar

2. Taskbar toolbar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar toolbar Icons: Hi Ever since I think windows 98, I have had a particular setup on Windows and I am so used to it that I really don't want to change it. I recently bought a Dell laptop and upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro The Setup I have is that I have the task bar on auto-hide on the...
  3. How do I stop icons from appearing and flashing in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop icons from appearing and flashing in the taskbar?: I have a chatting application that I always keep running in a separate desktop. Every time I receive a message, the app icon appears and flashes. This annoys me, as I want to stay focused on what I am doing without constantly seeing flashing icons. Do not tell me to close the...
  4. How do I move an icon from the taskbar tpo the desktop?

How do I move an icon from the taskbar tpo the desktop?: How do I move an icon from the taskbar to the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-an-icon-from-the-taskbar-tpo-the/bf947d66-823c-4303-900d-9e640c9c532d
  5. How can I change labels on taskbar icons?

How can I change labels on taskbar icons?: I am running several version of the same program. I would like to know if there is a way to label the icons in the taskbar so I can know which icon is associated with which version....
  6. How can I create extra space Disk Space on my C Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I create extra space Disk Space on my C Drive?: [ATTACH] I need extra Disk Space on my C Drive it is currently at 117 MB how can I increase it to 1 TB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-extra-space-disk-space-on-my-c/1f4a723f-ee42-4e52-a28f-c346f6d03341"
  7. how can i stop taskbar icon from moving rapidly back and forth on my laptop???

how can i stop taskbar icon from moving rapidly back and forth on my laptop???: how do I make my taskbar stay in one place? it keeps moving back and forth. I have mine at the bottom of my Dell laptop. thnx! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-taskbar-icon-from-moving-rapidly/66770cae-5fab-4417-8445-415b328d665b
  8. How do I move the icons in the taskbar to new location?

How do I move the icons in the taskbar to new location?: You know the ones I'm talking about, the symbols that show the battery percentage, the calendar, and the sound.... they are in the lower right corner. I want to move them to the lower right corner of my second monitor, without making my second monitor the main monitor. Is...
  9. How to remove extra gaps in taskbar b/w pinned items?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove extra gaps in taskbar b/w pinned items?: You are about to read some bad English. and I am really sorry about it. I am not a native English speaker. Good Evening guys, Is there any way to remove the extra gap/space of pinned items in the windows 10 taskbar? I was using a program called "7+ Taskbar Tweaker", it...
  10. Big gap on taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Big gap on taskbar icons: Hello. After installing a software (Splashtop), the gap between the icons on taskbar became big. If I uninstall the software, everything goes back to normal. Is there a way to customize the gap/space between the icons? Here is a picture of what I'm talking about....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. toolbar is moving around