Windows 10: How can I stop the automatic installation of language pack options

Discus and support How can I stop the automatic installation of language pack options in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Situation For various reasons, we use a third-party patch management tool to install patches. We look forward to the future of peer-to-peer Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Markus_22, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Markus_22 Win User

How can I stop the automatic installation of language pack options

Situation

For various reasons, we use a third-party patch management tool to install patches. We look forward to the future of peer-to-peer Windows updates.
    Recently we enabled UAC to increase security.
    But now all users with local administrator rights get a UAC popup when they start their computer.
    UAC: Optional Features, Publisher: Microsoft Windows, CLSID: {C6B167EA-DB3E-4659-BADC-D1CCC00EFE9C}

Problem/cause

The cause for this popup seems to be:

We have different language packages installed English, German, French.

But while in English all options are installed Display-Language, Text-to-speech, Handwriting, Speech recognition, Typing, in German and French only "Display-Language" and "Handwriting" are installed.
    It seems that Windows is trying to change this. And starts a download, causing the uac to pop up.
    Since we have Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\WindowsUpdate disabled, it cannot do its download and terminates.
    And will try again in the future => new uac popup => user closes it => repeat.

Question

Is their an option to block/stop this automatic optional language install, so that the popup won't repeatetly show up?
    To weaken uac shouldn't be an option.

Installing the language options would neither be the desired solution.

Looking forward to your suggestions & remarks, thank you!

:)

Markus_22, Dec 16, 2020

2. Trying to change display language but "No language pack available"

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to download the English language pack.
    I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to download the language pack.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Double click on Language.

• Click on Add language.

• Double Click on English language.

• Click on options on right hand side of the English language pack.

• Click on Download and install language pack.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 16, 2020
  3. zdhiu Win User
    Problems in installing a language pack in Windows 10

UP to today, searching, downloading and installing language pack is still time very consuming, very headack process! Ever MS make this process standard, easy available?

zdhiu, Dec 16, 2020
  4. How can I stop the automatic installation of language pack options

Problems in installing a language pack in Windows 10

I have the same problem, BUT the language I want to install, Japanese, is in the computer yet transparent and cannot be clicked on. Can you help me?

AnchyIvkaa, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

How can I stop the automatic installation of language pack options

1. How can I stop the automatic installation of language pack options - Similar Threads - stop automatic installation

2. Can I manually install a language pack for windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I manually install a language pack for windows 11?: After installing Windows 11 23H2 update over Windows 22H2 all setting and most windows form are appearing in German that it is the initial language when laptop was purchased but with US or UK language pack installed this was not an issue until this update to 23H2 has been...
  3. Can I manually install a language pack for windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I manually install a language pack for windows 11?: After installing Windows 11 23H2 update over Windows 22H2 all setting and most windows form are appearing in German that it is the initial language when laptop was purchased but with US or UK language pack installed this was not an issue until this update to 23H2 has been...
  4. Language pack installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language pack installation: Hello, I downloaded and apparently installed an Italian language pack, at least according to the language settings jpeg 1.However, Word says that the pack is enabled but not installed jpeg 2.Consequently, there is no check mark next to Italian when I try to set it as proofing...
  5. Language pack installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language pack installation: Hello, I downloaded and apparently installed an Italian language pack, at least according to the language settings jpeg 1.However, Word says that the pack is enabled but not installed jpeg 2.Consequently, there is no check mark next to Italian when I try to set it as proofing...
  6. How to stop autmatic installation of Language options.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop autmatic installation of Language options.: Situation For various reasons, we use a third-party patch management tool to install patches. We look forward to the future of peer-to-peer Windows updates. Recently we enabled UAC to increase security. But now all users with local administrator rights get a UAC popup when...
  7. How do I download a language pack? There's no option to install a language pack.

How do I download a language pack? There's no option to install a language pack.: There's no option to download a language pack. How do I download it if there's no option to download it in the first place? The language I'm trying to download is Spanish, but there's no download "language pack" option [ATTACH] See there's no option to download a language...
  8. No option to set display language once language pack is installed?

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to set display language once language pack is installed?: Hey guys We had devices that were imaged using the US version of the ISO. I have since installed the GB-en language pack from the VL site for 1809, however once installed, it does not give me the option to set the display language to GB English? Even after a reboot? [img]...
  9. Windows 10 Language pack installation stops at 51%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Language pack installation stops at 51%: Trying to install Chinese Language pack on Windows 10. but the installation always stops at 51%. Is there a way to download a offline language pack from Microsoft website?...
  10. Can I create a custom language pack?

Can I create a custom language pack?: My friends and I have a secret language and I was wondering if it's possible to create a custom language pack. Thanks! 29410