Windows 10: how can i stop the automatic windows updates (windows 10)?

Discus and support how can i stop the automatic windows updates (windows 10)? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I read about it but could not find an answer, as it says: "You can do this using the Windows Update service. Via Control Panel > Administrative... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MMM1984, May 19, 2019.

1. MMM1984 Win User

how can i stop the automatic windows updates (windows 10)?

I read about it but could not find an answer, as it says:

1. "You can do this using the Windows Update service. Via Control Panel > Administrative Tools, you can access Services.
    2. In the Services window, scroll down to Windows Update and turn off the process.
    3. To turn it off, right-click on the process, click on Properties and select Disabled."

But I don't see this option in my tablet. When I go to Settings>Update&Security>Advanced options, I don't see anything to disable the updates.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

:)

MMM1984, May 19, 2019
  2. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, May 19, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, May 19, 2019
  4. R-T-B Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

That doesn't stop windows update from grabbing them on next run, at least it didn't back in the RTM days. It simply stops a secondary process from installing them immediately.

R-T-B, May 19, 2019
Thema:

1. how can i stop the automatic windows updates (windows 10)? - Similar Threads - stop automatic updates

2. How can I stop the Windows 11 automatic update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop the Windows 11 automatic update?: I have a Dell desktop PC running Windows 10 Home, version 22H2. I do not want Windows 11 on this PC! How can I stop the automatic update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-the-windows-11-automatic-update/dffc430c-bab9-4925-b586-53ec72b23f14
  3. How can I stop the Windows 11 automatic update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop the Windows 11 automatic update?: I have a Dell desktop PC running Windows 10 Home, version 22H2. I do not want Windows 11 on this PC! How can I stop the automatic update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-the-windows-11-automatic-update/dffc430c-bab9-4925-b586-53ec72b23f14
  4. How can I stop the Windows 11 automatic update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to stop automatic updates in Windows 10

How to stop automatic updates in Windows 10: This is one of the most destructive features of Windows 10. Every so often I leave my computer with lots of open files and unsaved work. Next day, the bulk of this is deleted - how kind.This is compounded by the failure of MS to indicate whether a file is saved or not....
  6. How to stop automatic updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop automatic updates in Windows 10: This is one of the most destructive features of Windows 10. Every so often I leave my computer with lots of open files and unsaved work. Next day, the bulk of this is deleted - how kind.This is compounded by the failure of MS to indicate whether a file is saved or not....
  7. How to stop automatic updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I stop automatic update in windows 10?

How do I stop automatic update in windows 10?: I am using windows 10 home on my laptop and I am bored of those annoying updatesin windows 10. They are just coming and making computer slow if im not updating....
  9. How to stop windows 10 automatic update

How to stop windows 10 automatic update: I am not interested in the latest windows 10 automatic update. How can I stop my computer from installing it? Besides the very likely event that the update will cause my computer to stop working, once repaired I will have to reconfigure my computer as the update will erase...
  10. how can i stop the windows 10 updates

how can i stop the windows 10 updates: how can i stop the windows 10 updates. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-can-i-stop-the-windows-10-updates/f124a406-d966-4c4b-93b1-0717e15bf7f1