Windows 10: How can I stop the folders pinned to Quick Access from disappearing?

Discus and support How can I stop the folders pinned to Quick Access from disappearing? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After I pin folders to the quick access menu they stay there for a while but then for no apparent reason they disappear. What is the problem here and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PeterCaruso2, Jun 8, 2019.

1. How can I stop the folders pinned to Quick Access from disappearing?

After I pin folders to the quick access menu they stay there for a while but then for no apparent reason they disappear. What is the problem here and how can I fix it???

:)

PeterCaruso2, Jun 8, 2019

2. Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 8, 2019
  4. How can I stop the folders pinned to Quick Access from disappearing?

can't pin folder to quick access

I can't pin my folder in the network to quick access folder.

I pin folder A to quick access, then I added folder b, then folder a disappear.

Are there any solutions?

JieunJang1, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

How can I stop the folders pinned to Quick Access from disappearing?

1. How can I stop the folders pinned to Quick Access from disappearing? - Similar Threads - stop folders pinned

2. Pinned Quick Access Folders Gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned Quick Access Folders Gone: Was using my system today and I noticed that my pinned Quick Access folders had gone. Strange. Cannot remember actively removing them, they were a pretty curated bunch of folders. I used this tutorial to clear it all out: Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in...
  3. Not Able to Pin a folder to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not Able to Pin a folder to Quick Access: I can't seem to pin anything to Quick access .... I get an error message "this docfile has been corrupted". All the folders that were under Quick access are gone. How do I get it back? Thanks, JB * Moved from insider...
  4. does pinning a folder in Quick Access physically move the folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    does pinning a folder in Quick Access physically move the folder?: Windows 10 Using the context menu "pin to Quick Access" to pin a folder, apparently moved the folder and its contents to the Quick Access area of Windows Explorer. The folder was no longer displayed in its original location within Windows Explorer. Is it possible to only...
  5. How can I remove "quick access"

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I remove "quick access": How can I remove "quick access", or at least change the option to point to a file in the folder where I save it. Only after saving several files that were directed to "My Documents" (not on C:\ drive) did I find that I couldn't locate them. I finally found them on "quick...
  6. Can i separate quick access from explore list to taskbar pinned list?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can i separate quick access from explore list to taskbar pinned list?: it's really getting annoying that i can't see any of the recent used files list as i have too many pinned list, can i have a separate list for task bar pinned list and quick access list in explorer? 15669
  7. Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer: Hi, opened up the file explorer, quick access pinning works fine for all other folders, but I cannot pin the Desktop folder in there. It shows up in the folders pane on the left, (I have to scroll a way up to find it..) but using the 'pin to quick access' button in the...
  8. How Do I Stop Quick Access From Automatically Adding Links?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Stop Quick Access From Automatically Adding Links?: In Windows/Files Explorer the Quick Access menu, which I have set to open when WE is started, is placing links to folders automatically that I have recently been accessed. I don't want it to do this. I want it organized just like you don't have a link to every website you go...
  9. Quick Access not pinning folders after Anniv uipdate

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access not pinning folders after Anniv uipdate: it seems to log the files, but I can't pin folders to it like i had before the update [img] 59506
  10. How Can I Alphabetize List Of Items Pinned To "Quick Access"?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Can I Alphabetize List Of Items Pinned To "Quick Access"?: My Windows 10 Pro is currently Version 1607 (OS Build 1493.1715). When I pin new folders in File Managers Quick Access directory, their names appear in no particular order. Is there a way to alphabetize this listing? 93419