Windows 10: How can I stop the folders pinned to Quick Access from disappearing?

Discus and support How can I stop the folders pinned to Quick Access from disappearing? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After I pin folders to the quick access menu they stay there for a while but then for no apparent reason they disappear. What is the problem here and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PeterCaruso2, Jun 8, 2019.

1. How can I stop the folders pinned to Quick Access from disappearing?

After I pin folders to the quick access menu they stay there for a while but then for no apparent reason they disappear. What is the problem here and how can I fix it???

:)

PeterCaruso2, Jun 8, 2019

2. Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 8, 2019
  4. How can I stop the folders pinned to Quick Access from disappearing?

can't pin folder to quick access

I can't pin my folder in the network to quick access folder.

I pin folder A to quick access, then I added folder b, then folder a disappear.

Are there any solutions?

JieunJang1, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

How can I stop the folders pinned to Quick Access from disappearing?

1. How can I stop the folders pinned to Quick Access from disappearing? - Similar Threads - stop folders pinned

2. Quick access folder has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick access folder has disappeared: In Windows 11, suddenly Explorer has lost the quick access folder and all my pinned folders. I tried resetting the folders and doing the actions recommended on https://www.elevenforum.com/t/clear-and-reset-quick-access-folders-in-windows-11.4693/but they didn't restore it....
  3. Quick access folder has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick access folder has disappeared: In Windows 11, suddenly Explorer has lost the quick access folder and all my pinned folders. I tried resetting the folders and doing the actions recommended on https://www.elevenforum.com/t/clear-and-reset-quick-access-folders-in-windows-11.4693/but they didn't restore it....
  4. The folders that I pin to quick access disappear after a few days/weeks. The default pins...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The folders that I pin to quick access disappear after a few days/weeks. The default pins...: I have no problem pinning folders to the quick access toolbar, but they end up disappearing/unpinning later. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-folders-that-i-pin-to-quick-access-disappear/37d6d78c-fe23-4b29-af61-1aee7474d9b0
  5. The folders that I pin to quick access disappear after a few days/weeks. The default pins...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The folders that I pin to quick access disappear after a few days/weeks. The default pins...: I have no problem pinning folders to the quick access toolbar, but they end up disappearing/unpinning later. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-folders-that-i-pin-to-quick-access-disappear/37d6d78c-fe23-4b29-af61-1aee7474d9b0
  6. Folders pinned to Quick Access and files pinned to Taskbar Icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folders pinned to Quick Access and files pinned to Taskbar Icons disappeared: Windows 10 I reported this issue a few weeks ago. I received advice which I followed and seemed to cure my problems. Now, some 3 weeks later it has happened again. PS It may be a coincidence but Onedrive is also failing to auto start on boot-up. It has been working...
  7. My quick access pinned folders keep disappearing. How can I stop this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My quick access pinned folders keep disappearing. How can I stop this?: Hello. As of late, the pinned folders I keep on quick access have been disappearing suddenly. This has happened once before recently and I figured it was a glitch so I just pinned them all back. However just now, I opened file explorer and they were gone again. The folders...
  8. Quick Access Pins Disappear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quick Access Pins Disappear: The folders that I pin to quick access disappear after a few days/weeks. The default pins stay, but the ones I add do not. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-pins-disappear/5596e1d2-9295-4c4c-a0be-d9080ac59077
  9. Can not unpin folder from quick access.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not unpin folder from quick access.: [IMG][ATTACH] So I recently used the registry editor to get rid of Onedrive in my Documents, Downloads, Pictures, and Desktop folder. It used to look like this: C:\Users\linsj\onedrive\Documents\ now it looks like this: C:\Users\linsj\Documents\ Which is a good thing...
  10. Google Drive Folder Disappears from Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Drive Folder Disappears from Quick Access: Upon installation of Google Backup and Sync, the root Google Drive folder is automatically added to the Quick Access list. However, after a period of a few hours to a few days, the shortcut disappears from Quick Access. It can be manually re-added but always disappears...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pinned folders in quick access vanish