Windows 10: How can I stop the Photo app from duplicating my photos?

Discus and support How can I stop the Photo app from duplicating my photos? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Windows 10 Photos app keeps duplicating my photos. I want to stop it. It is making up to seven copies!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nisaba, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Nisaba Win User

How can I stop the Photo app from duplicating my photos?

The Windows 10 Photos app keeps duplicating my photos. I want to stop it. It is making up to seven copies!

:)

Nisaba, Dec 14, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Removing duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Deleting photos from Microsoft Photos will delete the files from the original location. However, Microsoft Photos will only display the photos from the folders that are added to Photos application. You can remove the folders from Microsoft Photos that
    you don’t want. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Microsoft Photos app.
    2. Click on the Ellipsis on the top right corner of the window and click on
      Settings.
    3. Under Sources, remove the folder that has duplicate photos by clicking on
      X.

To remove the duplicate photos from the computer, please navigate to the location where the photos are saved and then you can delete the photos are duplicate.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Joe Men Win User
    Lumia 950 XL: Duplicate photos

You are most welcome!

Regarding your concern about how you can stop the Photos app from linking duplicate photos, please do the following:

1. Launch the Photos app.
    2. Tap on the Ellipsis icon located at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
    3. Tap Settings.
    4. Look for the Linked duplicates On/Off slider and tap it once. This should stop it from linking your duplicate photos moving forward.

Regards.

Joe Men, Dec 14, 2020
  4. How can I stop the Photo app from duplicating my photos?

stop photo dupication in windows 10

steps to stop photo duplications in windows 10 photo app

HeidiWatson_997, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

How can I stop the Photo app from duplicating my photos?

1. How can I stop the Photo app from duplicating my photos? - Similar Threads - stop Photo app

2. How can I remove duplicate photos in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove duplicate photos in OneDrive: Hi sorry if I am not as educated as others in this forum but my OneDrive both Android and laptop are Nearing their limit and I don't want to have to purchase any more storage. I would like to at least remove duplicate photos because that is the primary storage source that is...
  3. How can I remove duplicate photos in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove duplicate photos in OneDrive: Hi sorry if I am not as educated as others in this forum but my OneDrive both Android and laptop are Nearing their limit and I don't want to have to purchase any more storage. I would like to at least remove duplicate photos because that is the primary storage source that is...
  4. How can I stop the Windows Photo App from automatically enhancing my photos in Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop the Windows Photo App from automatically enhancing my photos in Windows 11 Pro?: I am a professional photographer and I recently bought a new Windows 11 Pro laptop. When I transferred my photos to the desktop and tried to view them, the Photo App automatically "enhances" them which must be Microsoft code for "making worse", ruining my shots. Worse still,...
  5. How can I get photos to stop showing in the photo app in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I get photos to stop showing in the photo app in windows 10?: How can I get photos to stop showing in the photo app in windows 10? I have deleted photos I no longer want showing up in the app and also, how can I determine which ones do show up on the app?...
  6. a PC Photo Duplicate APP

a PC Photo Duplicate APP: Has anyone found a PHOTO DUPLICATE APP for (Windows) PC...that works? I had found a great one 2 years ago. It is no longer available. Thank you. I have 100,000+ photos and can NOT find any Programs/Apps that locates Dupes. Thank you! n Nashville...
  7. Photos App Duplications

Photos App Duplications: Photos App. How do I stop Photos from duplicating. I don't understand why it does it. Am I hitting some key I'm not aware of to cause 2,3,or 4 duplicates (copy) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-duplications/70619657-4ad8-4012-b37e-b5992dfa6e84
  8. How to remove duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos?: I upload photos that are in Microsoft photos to a file on the hard drive. But I noticed that uploaded files are still kept in Microsoft photos. I don’t want to keep two identical versions in different places...
  9. Removing duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos

Removing duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos: I have been using microsoft photos for a cuple years to quickly and easily upload photos from my camera to my computer , once in microsoft photos i upload the photos to a file on my computers harddrive i created . I noticed the files still on microsoft photos and in my file i...
  10. Photo App creating duplicates

Photo App creating duplicates: When I import photos into Windows 10 from my phone each picture is shown as duplicated in the app. If I open file explorer there is only one picture in the original folder. I do not understand why it shows two of everything in the photo app. Is anyone else experiencing this...