Windows 10: How can I stop the snipping tool from using PrtSc key?

Discus and support How can I stop the snipping tool from using PrtSc key? in Cortana to solve the problem; I have tried several suggested fixes for this and none have worked:My PC does not have gpedit.msc, so I cannot view or change the Group Policy.Services... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by gdstuart, Dec 20, 2021.

1. gdstuart Win User

How can I stop the snipping tool from using PrtSc key?

I have tried several suggested fixes for this and none have worked:My PC does not have gpedit.msc, so I cannot view or change the Group Policy.Services does not contain the Snipping Tool, so I cannot control it from there.I can get to the Properties dialog for the Snipping Tool, but I cannot change the Shortcut entry.So please don't suggest any of these paths. There are so many variations online for which hotkey combo should work the Snipping Tool. All I want is to DISABLE PrtSc from Snipping Tool so I can use it for another app. I would be just as happy totally disabling the Snipping Tool,

:)

gdstuart, Dec 20, 2021

2. PrtSc not working.

So my PrtSc key was working all fine and then it stopped working. I tried using it with a combination of Alt and Fn key, but nothing happens. I have to use the Snipping tool but that takes a lot of time to load and save the snip. Please help me with this,
    Thanks in advance!

Shubh Varma, Dec 20, 2021
  3. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Dec 20, 2021
  4. How can I stop the snipping tool from using PrtSc key?

Orange tint in the picture captured using Snipping Tool/Windows+PrtSc

Hi

I am facing issues while trying to capture images on using either Snipping tool or Windows+PrtSc.

When captured, the image is having an orange tint as shown below :

How can I stop the snipping tool from using PrtSc key? [​IMG]

Could you please suggest any solutions on it.

I have updated the windows and the respective drivers and it is still not working.

aishpillai, Dec 20, 2021
Thema:

How can I stop the snipping tool from using PrtSc key?

1. How can I stop the snipping tool from using PrtSc key? - Similar Threads - stop snipping tool

2. How to capture screenshot using PrtSc Key without opening Snipping Tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to capture screenshot using PrtSc Key without opening Snipping Tool?: Hi,I used to be able to press the PrtSc key and would automatically get a full-screen capture saved to clipboard. On other computers pressing PrtSc led to a sort of menu popping up, allowing for the capture of part or all of the screen. After making a selection, it would...
  3. How to capture screenshot using PrtSc Key without opening Snipping Tool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to capture screenshot using PrtSc Key without opening Snipping Tool?: Hi,I used to be able to press the PrtSc key and would automatically get a full-screen capture saved to clipboard. On other computers pressing PrtSc led to a sort of menu popping up, allowing for the capture of part or all of the screen. After making a selection, it would...
  4. How to stop snipping tool from running in the background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop snipping tool from running in the background: When I start my computer windows 11 ver 22h2 the snipping tool starts and the screen turns dark. I hit the esc key and in comes up normally. When I try to type anything the snipping tool comes back on.* Moved from Community Center...
  5. How to stop snipping tool from running in the background

How to stop snipping tool from running in the background: When I start my computer windows 11 ver 22h2 the snipping tool starts and the screen turns dark. I hit the esc key and in comes up normally. When I try to type anything the snipping tool comes back on.* Moved from Community Center...
  6. How to use PrtSc key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use PrtSc key: I cannot get the PrtSc key to work.I have tried various combination keys and none work: FN+, Ctrl+, Shft+, etcI don't know if this is a hardware or OS issue.Any ideas out there.WV-Mike===System Information report written at: 12/20/22 08:57:36 System Name: LAPTOP-5UQ4L9LI...
  7. How to use PrtSc key

How to use PrtSc key: I cannot get the PrtSc key to work.I have tried various combination keys and none work: FN+, Ctrl+, Shft+, etcI don't know if this is a hardware or OS issue.Any ideas out there.WV-Mike===System Information report written at: 12/20/22 08:57:36 System Name: LAPTOP-5UQ4L9LI...
  8. How can I stop the snipping tool from using PrtSc key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop the snipping tool from using PrtSc key?: I have tried several suggested fixes for this and none have worked:My PC does not have gpedit.msc, so I cannot view or change the Group Policy.Services does not contain the Snipping Tool, so I cannot control it from there.I can get to the Properties dialog for the Snipping...
  9. How can I stop the snipping tool from using PrtSc key?

How can I stop the snipping tool from using PrtSc key?: I have tried several suggested fixes for this and none have worked:My PC does not have gpedit.msc, so I cannot view or change the Group Policy.Services does not contain the Snipping Tool, so I cannot control it from there.I can get to the Properties dialog for the Snipping...
  10. Orange tint in the picture captured using Snipping Tool/Windows+PrtSc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Orange tint in the picture captured using Snipping Tool/Windows+PrtSc: Hi I am facing issues while trying to capture images on using either Snipping tool or Windows+PrtSc. When captured, the image is having an orange tint as shown below : [IMG] Could you please suggest any solutions on it. I have updated the windows and the respective...