Windows 10: How can I stop the volume from skipping numbers by 10 when turning down?

Discus and support How can I stop the volume from skipping numbers by 10 when turning down? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello - maybe someone can help. When I turn the volume down in Windows 10, say from level 60 down to 40, I should only have to tap the volume button 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Craig Bond, Jun 25, 2019.

1. How can I stop the volume from skipping numbers by 10 when turning down?

Hello - maybe someone can help. When I turn the volume down in Windows 10, say from level 60 down to 40, I should only have to tap the volume button 10 times (since it counts down by 2s). However, after I tap it about six or so times, it automatically starts reducing in increments of 10s. This means, I always need to reverse to find the desired volume. This behavior is completely unwelcome, since if I really want to reduce the volume down to 0, I'll just hold the volume button down. This has been driving me crazy for a long time, but just posting now. Is there some way to turn this off???

Here is how it looks. I want to turn from 60 down to 40. It starts at 60:

How can I stop the volume from skipping numbers by 10 when turning down? fbec075c-071d-4cfd-a68a-27f324016af4?upload=true.png

I press volume down six times and now we're at level 48. Everything is going just perfectly!

How can I stop the volume from skipping numbers by 10 when turning down? 892e6dd2-c341-46b6-aa4d-60e3c3e26963?upload=true.png

What just happened!!?? I press down two more times and suddenly it's at level 28!!!!!

How can I stop the volume from skipping numbers by 10 when turning down? 9d44f00b-1842-4074-b117-08488a900850?upload=true.png

I know the devs have lots to worry about, but this (for me) has to be one of the most annoying behaviors in all of Windows considering the frequency at which people adjust their volume levels. Can you please fix this??

:)

Craig Bond, Jun 25, 2019

2. Taptiles Volume

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. After opening the game, right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "open volume mixer".

2. If the particular game is listed, turn down the volume and check the result.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 25, 2019
  3. BrianMBC Win User
    Trouble saving voicemail number

To access my voicemail it is my phone number, a pause and 4 digit pin.

I did the following steps:

• Turned off default voicemail number
    • Added a , (for pause) at end of my phone number
    • Added the 4 digit pin
    I get the following error message We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

BrianMBC, Jun 25, 2019
  4. How can I stop the volume from skipping numbers by 10 when turning down?

Removing errant files in the "System Volume Information" folder under Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to first stop Volume Shadow Copy service and try to remove the files and check. Follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Stop Volume Shadow Copy service

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.

• Type services.msc.

• Search for Volume Shadow Copy service.

• Right click on it and select
      Stop.
    Now, take ownership of the System volume Information folder and then try to delete its contents.

Step 2: File permissions.

• Right click on System volume Information folder.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Select the user name.
    • Click on Edit button.
    • Under permission to Authenticated user, check on full control.
    • Click on Apply and OK button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know the status of the issue. If you need further assistance, get back to us. We will be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

How can I stop the volume from skipping numbers by 10 when turning down?

1. How can I stop the volume from skipping numbers by 10 when turning down? - Similar Threads - stop volume skipping

2. How can I stop windows accelerating the change in volume when I press DOWN volume several...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop windows accelerating the change in volume when I press DOWN volume several...: How can I stop windows accelerating the change in volume when I press DOWN volume several times. It seems to jump two steps at a time for the first 5 presses or so then 10 every single press after that. It's annoying and unnecessary - fine, accelerate the changes if I HOLD...
  3. How can I stop windows accelerating the change in volume when I press DOWN volume several...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop windows accelerating the change in volume when I press DOWN volume several...: How can I stop windows accelerating the change in volume when I press DOWN volume several times. It seems to jump two steps at a time for the first 5 presses or so then 10 every single press after that. It's annoying and unnecessary - fine, accelerate the changes if I HOLD...
  4. How can I stop windows accelerating the change in volume when I press DOWN volume several...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Notifications turn down volume

Notifications turn down volume: I am in the process of breaking in a new laptop. When I have a call or streaming music and receive a notification from Teams, the volume turns down tremendously for ~10 seconds. I've gone into Sounds-Communications and specified 'Do Nothing' when Windows detects...
  6. How can I turn down the microphone's volume totally

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn down the microphone's volume totally: Without disabling it. I've tried turning down the volume to 0 in the control panel but i keep hearing it submitted by /u/g00d-life [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gxw5mc/how_can_i_turn_down_the_microphones_volume_totally/
  7. Volume turns down on startup

Volume turns down on startup: I've been having an issue for a while now where applications are having their volume levels decreased every time I shut my computer down and start it back up. From things like window's System Sounds to applications like Discord, at times when I open the volume mixer these...
  8. How can I change the volume of the sound device down without turning down the volume of...

How can I change the volume of the sound device down without turning down the volume of...: I was trying to turn the volume of an application up without turning the volume of the sound device up, but whenever the volume of the application goes above the sound device the sound device goes up as well. Is there a way I could prevent this from happening?...
  9. How can I stop CCleaner from skipping cleaning files in Edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop CCleaner from skipping cleaning files in Edge?: Hi All, How can I stop CCleaner from skipping cleaning files in Edge? Is there a setting in Edge that's stopping CCleaner from cleaning the files? [img] 25552
  10. How Can I stop USB Drive From Powering Down?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Can I stop USB Drive From Powering Down?: I know, I went to the USB HUBS and told windows to stop powering down the drive in my new SATA III to USB 3 Dock. However, it stops spinning after a few minutes anyway. Is there anything else I can do? It is a Sabrent EC-DFFN if it matters and the drive is a new 4TB Toshiba...