Windows 10: How can I stop this annoying Phots Media Extension from auto-installing without my permission?

Discus and support How can I stop this annoying Phots Media Extension from auto-installing without my permission? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've had to uninstall this several times now. How do I stop this bs. F you microsoft. submitted by /u/Spxders [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Spxders, May 23, 2022.

1. How can I stop this annoying Phots Media Extension from auto-installing without my permission?

I've had to uninstall this several times now. How do I stop this bs. F you microsoft.

submitted by /u/Spxders
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Spxders, May 23, 2022
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. Cannot install Edge extension Translator

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Edge extension translator. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Open Powershell as admin.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage *pocket* | Remove-AppxPackage" without the quotes this will unsintall pocket. You can try skipping step 3.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" without the quotes.

this will reinstall all stock apps including the Windows Store
    • Now you should be able to install Pocket through the Windows Store.

Note: Replace *pocket* in step 2 with *extensionname* (example: pocket extension).

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, May 23, 2022
  4. How can I stop this annoying Phots Media Extension from auto-installing without my permission?

Cannot install extensions in Edge

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your time.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Open Powershell as admin.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage *pocket* | Remove-AppxPackage" without the quotes this will unsintall pocket. You can try skipping step 3.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" without the quotes.

this will reinstall all stock apps including the Windows Store
    • Now you should be able to install Pocket through the Windows Store.
    Note: Replace *pocket* in step 2 with *extensionname* (example: pocket extension).

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, May 23, 2022
Thema:

How can I stop this annoying Phots Media Extension from auto-installing without my permission?

1. How can I stop this annoying Phots Media Extension from auto-installing without my permission? - Similar Threads - stop annoying Phots

2. Microsoft, please stop installing apps without my permission. Any way to stop this from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft, please stop installing apps without my permission. Any way to stop this from...: Microsoft Windows 11 keeps reinstalling the apps that I uninstall manually. Those apps have no use for me so why does Windows 11 keep installing them?...
  3. Microsoft, please stop installing apps without my permission. Any way to stop this from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft, please stop installing apps without my permission. Any way to stop this from...: Microsoft Windows 11 keeps reinstalling the apps that I uninstall manually. Those apps have no use for me so why does Windows 11 keep installing them?...
  4. How can I stop auto updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop auto updates: Stop my computer from automatically updating when I don't explicitly say yes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-auto-updates/d7941bb2-6382-4c15-800f-a1b165c42bcc
  5. How can I reset my pc without installation media?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I reset my pc without installation media?: So I reset this pc and others before, I went to reset this pc and chose get started and "remove everything". Then i reset my pc and reinstalled windows, there was no need for any usb or media. But now when I'm doing the samething it says this. I did not need a media before...
  6. How can I reset my pc without installation media?

How can I reset my pc without installation media?: So I reset this pc and others before, I went to reset this pc and chose get started and "remove everything". Then i reset my pc and reinstalled windows, there was no need for any usb or media. But now when I'm doing the samething it says this. I did not need a media before...
  7. How can I reset my pc without installation media?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. how can i stop my computor from auto-finishing words

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i stop my computor from auto-finishing words: Whenever i type certain words it 'auto-finishes' words, one example is proto and it retypes as protocol. this is really annoying as when i try to talk to my friends over text it ends up autotyping words and changes the whole sentence completely or makes it make no sense. the...
  9. how can i stop my computor from auto-finishing words

how can i stop my computor from auto-finishing words: Whenever i type certain words it 'auto-finishes' words, one example is proto and it retypes as protocol. this is really annoying as when i try to talk to my friends over text it ends up autotyping words and changes the whole sentence completely or makes it make no sense. the...
  10. How Can I Stop Windows 10 from Rebooting Without my Permission?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Can I Stop Windows 10 from Rebooting Without my Permission?: This is the second time in a few days that Windows 10 has rebooted itself --for a virus definition update of all things... totally wiped out my working setup.. I had several open projects and a LINUX session in a VM. All that's wiped out. I need to find a way to stop Windows...