Windows 10: how can i stop w10 to check and install nvdia drivers?

Discus and support how can i stop w10 to check and install nvdia drivers? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi windows 10 update module is really boring it continues to find new update for my videocard even i download the last from the nvidia homepage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by drugo, Aug 8, 2015.

1. drugo Win User

how can i stop w10 to check and install nvdia drivers?

Hi

windows 10 update module is really boring

it continues to find new update for my videocard even i download the last from the nvidia homepage

the only microsoft update are Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081424)

can i block for ever w10 to check for drivers check?

my settings are these,outside choose how update are installed , i have notify selected Computer
    to 2 Notify for download and notify for install

thanks a lot

how can i stop w10 to check and install nvdia drivers? [​IMG]

:)

drugo, Aug 8, 2015
  2. JoeKoppel Win User

How do I get W10 to stop trying to install and get it out of my task tray?

Yes I have been through this process twice and it does not work. I have uninstalled the update and hidden the update but the W10 icon is still running in my task bar.

Even if I go to "customize notification icons" and select "hide icon and notifications" from GWX it still is in the task bar and I cannot get rid of it. This is a very invasive and unwanted behavior, MS needs to BACK OFF from trying to take over our computers.

JoeKoppel, Aug 8, 2015
  3. JoeKoppel Win User
    How do I get W10 to stop trying to install and get it out of my task tray?

I have seen many problems with W10 and have decided to not install it or at least wait a few months for the bugs to be worked out.

So how do I get W10 out of my task tray and how do I stop WUpdate from trying to install it?

JoeKoppel, Aug 8, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Open old control panel (right click on the windows icon, select control panel). Then click on System And Security. Then System. Then in the list on the left click on Advanced System Settings. Click on the Hardware Tab. Click on the box Device Installation Settings. Check the circle for No, let me choose what to do. Save changes.

As a shortcut, type systempropertiesadvanced in search and run the top application result that appears.

NavyLCDR, Aug 8, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Oops - forgot that last circle that Kyhi showed. Thanks!

NavyLCDR, Aug 8, 2015
  6. drugo Win User
    hi
    i have changed the settings ,let's wait to see if w10 continues to check for them

how can i stop w10 to check and install nvdia drivers? [​IMG]

drugo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how can i stop w10 to check and install nvdia drivers? - Similar Threads - stop w10 check

2. How can I stop W10 from downloading and installing updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop W10 from downloading and installing updates?: Yeah, I know, I know: "If you don't update, world will end." But in fairness, my experience is that about a third of the time the updates are buggy. Also, many updates don't apply to my situation but the damn things install ANYWAY. And finally, the long re-boot times as the...
  3. How can I stop W10 from downloading and installing updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop W10 from downloading and installing updates?: Yeah, I know, I know: "If you don't update, world will end." But in fairness, my experience is that about a third of the time the updates are buggy. Also, many updates don't apply to my situation but the damn things install ANYWAY. And finally, the long re-boot times as the...
  4. How can I stop W10 from downloading and installing updates?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How can i check if a driver is installed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i check if a driver is installed?: How can I check if a certain driver is already installed? Is there some folder where all of that saves? submitted by /u/swansfan_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kkevnp/how_can_i_check_if_a_driver_is_installed/
  6. NVDIA GEFORCE 730 graphic driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVDIA GEFORCE 730 graphic driver: NVDIA GEFORCE 730 graphic driver when i installed a graphic driver my pc suddenlyflickering and suddenlyshut downs and the driver is blocking and facing the bsod problems so please help me to fix it i tried many solutions but nothing fixed it i updated the driver i...
  7. Nvdia Driver deleted.

Nvdia Driver deleted.: i downloaded the latest microsoft update and it resulted in not detecting my graphics driver,it was using the intel driver. i accidentally deleted it after following stupid suggestions online,i have restarted the computer,reset the BIOS and even tryed to download drivers for...
  8. Advice how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drivers

Advice how to stop W10 from automatically installing/updating drivers: Hi! I'm writing here to ask for some advice on how i can make Windows 10 to stop installing drivers when i do not want them. I currently have a gaming laptop that has tons of different drivers and utilities that are made specifically for this laptop model. And every time i...
  9. NVDIA driver won't work

NVDIA driver won't work: Since I updated my Nvidia Geforce 930M, it doesn't work anymore. The NVIDIA Installer says " “NVIDIA Installer cannot continue. This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware.” + it doesn't appear in "Device Manager". Notebook Asus X556UR-XX478T Intel Core...
  10. stop W10 installing specific driver during installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    stop W10 installing specific driver during installation?: During a totally clean install on a freshly formatted HDD, is it possible to stop W10 installing a specific problem driver ? Somehow, W10 manages to install an Atheros WiFi driver before the install procedure finishes and this problem driver is causing such high system...