Windows 10: How can i stop win10 from auto locking on inactivity? Tried display settings, registry,...

Discus and support How can i stop win10 from auto locking on inactivity? Tried display settings, registry,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I should mention i'm using it in a VM, which i assume shouldn't make a difference. Only think i can think of as a reason is my company somehow is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DoubleDooper, Sep 9, 2020.

1. How can i stop win10 from auto locking on inactivity? Tried display settings, registry,...

I should mention i'm using it in a VM, which i assume shouldn't make a difference. Only think i can think of as a reason is my company somehow is overriding my policy with theirs? is there a way to confirm this?

submitted by /u/DoubleDooper
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DoubleDooper, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Aimbit Win User

Stop windows from auto locking my desktop from inactivity

I think i've tried about every guide and registry edit I could find on google but this problem still persists...

I write music with some software and I often do not need to move my mouse. Windows assumes that I am not using my computer and locks the screen with my password automatically (after 10 minutes maybe?).

I have tried changing power settings, user settings, every setting I can think of... I googled some answers suggesting registry edits and the like, but nothing seems to work. My computer just goes ahead and locks itself automatically.

I WANT a password on my computer, but I DONT want it to automatically lock from inactivity.

Aimbit, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Auto rotation

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you checked on the action center if there is a Rotation lock option?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check the Screen Resolution display to check if there is a setting to allow the screen to auto-rotate. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Search for Display and then click Change display settings.
    • Mark the checkbox beside Allow the screen to auto-rotate option if possible.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Sep 9, 2020
  4. How can i stop win10 from auto locking on inactivity? Tried display settings, registry,...

Windows 10 Pro fro Workstatins (64bit) 1709 16299.248 auto lock screen 1 minute

Hi,

My brand new laptop is going to lock screen after 1 minute inacivity.

I have tried:

- power managment settings

- screen saver settings

- lock screen settings

After these steps I was going to hardcore as:

- registry manipulating (screen saver, inactivity timer, powerscheme, etc.)

- group policy settings (auto lock, timers, etc.)

I thought I am a professional expert, however until today. My laptop is going to lock screen always.

I hope anyone can help

regards,

an unexpert How can i stop win10 from auto locking on inactivity? Tried display settings, registry,... :)

microsoft user 816, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

How can i stop win10 from auto locking on inactivity? Tried display settings, registry,...

1. How can i stop win10 from auto locking on inactivity? Tried display settings, registry,... - Similar Threads - stop win10 auto

2. How to auto-lock the device after a set time of inactivity, excluding dynamic lock?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to auto-lock the device after a set time of inactivity, excluding dynamic lock?: How to auto-lock the device after a set time of inactivity, excluding dynamic lock.Reasons for the question - Some applications or processes may not behave well with sleep mode. They might not properly pause or resume, leading to performance issues or errors when the laptop...
  3. How to auto-lock the device after a set time of inactivity, excluding dynamic lock?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to auto-lock the device after a set time of inactivity, excluding dynamic lock?: How to auto-lock the device after a set time of inactivity, excluding dynamic lock.Reasons for the question - Some applications or processes may not behave well with sleep mode. They might not properly pause or resume, leading to performance issues or errors when the laptop...
  4. How can I stop auto updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop auto updates: Stop my computer from automatically updating when I don't explicitly say yes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-auto-updates/d7941bb2-6382-4c15-800f-a1b165c42bcc
  5. How can I stop auto updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop auto updates: Stop my computer from automatically updating when I don't explicitly say yes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-auto-updates/d7941bb2-6382-4c15-800f-a1b165c42bcc
  6. How to stop auto extending displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop auto extending displays: I have my tv connecting to my computer as I occasionally watch from my digital library. I also have my work laptop connected to my monitor so I can easily change inputs and switch between work & personal setups. Every time I switch back to my personal PC and the tv is on but...
  7. How do I stop my display driver from auto-upgrading?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I stop my display driver from auto-upgrading?: Here's my current display driver's details and when I tried to update my windows my system started downloading this version of my display driver:I have already used this version for a while and it was really buggy. It made my laptop's screen flicker like crazy. and it's also...
  8. How Can I Stop Display Settings from Changing When Unplugging Laptop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Can I Stop Display Settings from Changing When Unplugging Laptop?: Hello, I have been experiencing an issue where my laptop's display settings change whenever I unplug it and switch to battery power. Specifically, unplugging the laptop reduces the display's refresh rate. The normal setting for the refresh rate is 60hz [ATTACH]...
  9. How to REALLY stop Win10 from auto updating?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to REALLY stop Win10 from auto updating?: I'm having a hard time making Windows REALLY stop updating without consent. The idea is that when I'm turning on my laptop for the first time in a while I'm usually in a place where I'm hotspotting with my mobile phone. Needless to say I need to limit my data flow making...
  10. Stop windows from auto locking my desktop from inactivity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stop windows from auto locking my desktop from inactivity: I think i've tried about every guide and registry edit I could find on google but this problem still persists... I write music with some software and I often do not need to move my mouse. Windows assumes that I am not using my computer and locks the screen with my password...