Windows 10: How can I stop Win7 pestering me about upgrading to Win10?

Discus and support How can I stop Win7 pestering me about upgrading to Win10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't want my PC to upgrade to Windows 10, not yet, anyway. I just can't be bothered with all the hassle. Yet it keeps pestering me to upgrade; I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fenestrix, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Fenestrix Win User

How can I stop Win7 pestering me about upgrading to Win10?

I don't want my PC to upgrade to Windows 10, not yet, anyway. I just can't be bothered with all the hassle. Yet it keeps pestering me to upgrade; I can't get it to shut up about Windows 10. The pesky pestery popups have, at best, an 'upgrade later' button (which starts the download), but no 'forget it' button. I may upgrade later, at my convenience, when I'm good and ready and have the time and patience to deal with it (install patches, classic shell restorers, deal with software that doesn't behave in W10, get used to the non-changeable colours and invisible borders and smartphone/tablet-friendly-but-classic-PC-unfriendly stuff and blocky retro squared-off windows.

So how can I tell Windows 7 to stop going on about it?

:)

Fenestrix, Nov 27, 2015
  2. rmg.s Win User

Can you hide the taskbar in windows 10?

Thankyou so much, it was Microsoft Office pestering me to install itself! I don't need it so won't install it. Now I need to find out how to stop it pestering me!

rmg.s, Nov 27, 2015
  3. RxDave Win User
    Constant pestering about Windows 10

How do I stop the constant, daily pestering to upgrade to Windows 10? I hide the taskbar icon and notifications, but they just come right back. I keep getting the "new updates available" popup, but there's nothing there, just the Reserve Windows 10 notice.
    I looked for something to uninstall, but there was nothing there. This is worse than malware. There are ways to get rid of malware.

Please, how can I stop this pestering?

RxDave, Nov 27, 2015
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Thema:

1. How can I stop Win7 pestering me about upgrading to Win10? - Similar Threads - stop Win7 pestering

2. How do I upgrade Win7 to Win10/11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I upgrade Win7 to Win10/11: I tried doing this using a bootable flashdrive from 2016. I then downloading the latest updgrade and tried to create a bootable flashdrive. Both attempts failed and yeah, I know free upgrades were terminated in 2016 or thereabouts. So, how can I upgrade?...
  3. How do I upgrade Win7 to Win10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade Win7 to Win10/11: I tried doing this using a bootable flashdrive from 2016. I then downloading the latest updgrade and tried to create a bootable flashdrive. Both attempts failed and yeah, I know free upgrades were terminated in 2016 or thereabouts. So, how can I upgrade?...
  4. Can i still upgrade WIN7 to WIN10 for free?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can i still upgrade WIN7 to WIN10 for free?: Can i still upgrade WIN7 to WIN10 for free? submitted by /u/MintonCRO [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gyv4rq/can_i_still_upgrade_win7_to_win10_for_free/
  5. Quick question about upgrading a Win7 computer to Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick question about upgrading a Win7 computer to Win10: My main desktop right here is running Windows 10 Pro, but my old desktop is still on Windows 7 Ultimate since I never really had any need to upgrade it to win10. But now I've got some (paid) software that requires Windows 8 or higher, so I'm looking to upgrade that old...
  6. Upgrade win7 to win10,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade win7 to win10,: when I try to upgrade my laptop from win7 to win10, I got this message "this PC can't be upgraded to windows 10 your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. no action is needed. windows update will offer this version of windows 10 automatically once the issue...
  7. Upgrade Win7 to Win10

Upgrade Win7 to Win10: Received the following error after trying to upgrade Windows from 7 to 10. "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once...
  8. Can I upgrade Win7 Ent to Win10?

Can I upgrade Win7 Ent to Win10?: I have a Win7 Enterprise desktop as well as a Win10 laptop that I rarely ever use. Is there anyway to "tr'fer, or release that key to my desktop? 113632
  9. how can I dual boot win10 and win7

how can I dual boot win10 and win7: I upgraded to win 10 on my pc bt I discovered my gaming is too slow, so I want to install win 7 through a system image I created on my second pc( the same type and specs but different username and o.s since I upgraded my main pc from win7 to win10) onto the new...
  10. Questions About Upgrading: Win7 -> Win10

Questions About Upgrading: Win7 -> Win10: I'm thinking of upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but I have a few questions regarding the process and result. Essentially, my questions revolve around if I should be expecting that all my settings, applications, and documents remain identical after the upgrade process?...